VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well, we appreciate you speaking up. Nice to see people standing up for the artists!

We did solicit feedback... and this being f95, kinda knew what that would bring.

So actually have to say it could have gone much worse. It has been pretty respectful, relatively speaking.

People very much have a right to their opinion and it's good feedback when we hear that's not their thing etc. Particularly in this community where people have ... "alternative" ... tastes.

We did have some back and forth on "right or wrong" and some clarifications on bits of the narrative that didn't get across. Honestly, that was good earnest discussion.

Now... If anyone wants to tell us what they think we are doing right... that would be lovely. ;)

For example: Tell us your best girl! Or which one we should get to know better and why!

What scenes or lines you liked! Any scenes you'd like to see?
Up untill now, i think most of the game is right to me.

I like all the girls, i like Mary, Edith and Sofie the most and Veronica and Stephanie the least, but i dont dislike any of them, even the ones i "like the least" i still like them.

Which is why maybe someone took what i wrote wrong (that and English not being my native language either)

Reactions: zenupstart

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
For example: Tell us your best girl! Or which one we should get to know better and why!

BEST GIRL - Very hard to choose atm , all the characters are unique and well written .
But if u have to choose one atm it would be "MARY - THE PERFECT WAIFU"

LIKED SCENES - There are many scenes that I liked and if I have to choose one - I like MC protecting her Sibling / Sister from her arsehole bf . Who wouldn't wanna protect their sister be in game or real life .

I don't wanna comment on what scene I'd like to see as - Dev have already planned on his story & scenes . He should create this game as he want / sees it .

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, we appreciate you speaking up. Nice to see people standing up for the artists!

We did solicit feedback... and this being f95, kinda knew what that would bring.

So actually have to say it could have gone much worse. It has been pretty respectful, relatively speaking.

People very much have a right to their opinion and it's good feedback when we hear that's not their thing etc. Particularly in this community where people have ... "alternative" ... tastes.

We did have some back and forth on "right or wrong" and some clarifications on bits of the narrative that didn't get across. Honestly, that was good earnest discussion.

Now... If anyone wants to tell us what they think we are doing right... that would be lovely. ;)

This:

tenor (1).gif

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Is it just my game but after the new update i get constant errors almost after scene ? I went a pages on here but didnt see anything mentioned
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4546, in script
    ThePlayer_w_en "You are bad."
KeyError: u'playerName'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4546, in script
    ThePlayer_w_en "You are bad."
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1204, in __call__
    who = self.prefix_suffix("who", self.who_prefix, who, self.who_suffix)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1125, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1105, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'playerName'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
Troubled Legacy 
Sun Jul  4 14:58:20 2021
Or is it old save dont work? (didnt see it mentioned)

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Is it just my game but after the new update i get constant errors almost after scene ? I went a pages on here but didnt see anything mentioned

Or is it old save dont work? (didnt see it mentioned)
From the Patreon:
We have endeavored to make the game backward compatible.
The tests were positive but if you have errors with older saved games,
please start a new Game.
Looks like you working from bad save, I am afraid. We put in some code to try to recover from that, but it appears not to be working in your case.

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
No problem and thanks for your reply, ill try a few different saves see if it helps
There was a version or two out there that had a bug in the save, we put in some code that had some success in recovering.

But it is possible you may have to start from scratch.

If that's the case, deepest apologies and we will try not to have that happen again. As the game gets longer this is more and more important, obviously.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
At the moment we introduce the upcoming Characters for Day4 and a bit later.

This week there will be open polls for the on screen job interviews at day 4. We can only take in 4 per day that it isn't to dry at the story.

Now you can take an look at the new Chars open for all.

Come and take an look now and vote at the poll on wednesday (waitresses) and friday (dancers) for the upcoming Brass Club.

We anounce the polls seperatly here if they are online.

Have fun. Blackthunder

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Sorry for the double Post:

First poll is online check it out and vote if you want.

Have fun.

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
More info on the Poll:

Voting will run till Friday 09.07.21 (d/m/y) 11.59pm.

During the next release, the Main Character is staffing up!

We'll be showing a little group of job interviews, but not all on-screen so that it will be not too dry on day 4.

So we are running this poll. On this next day, we will have 5 Interviews: Twosret, Vellia (these two are short ones), and one from the Team chosen are fixed.

Now it is your choice which Waitress or Bartender should have her onscreen Job Interview for this next release!

The Winning Girl will have a Job interview onscreen day4 (0.0.17)... and for our Backers a special glamour photoshoot render!

Photoshoot renders are: Download for Backers only.

But for now, have fun and vote for your favorite Girl!

Reactions: DirtyDog69

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
The second Poll is online chose your favorite Dancer/s.

More info on the Poll:

Voting will run till Tuesday 13.07.21 (d/m/y) 11.59pm.

During the next release, the Main Character is staffing up!

We'll be showing a little group of job interviews, but not all on-screen so that it will be not too dry on day 4.

So we are running this poll. On this next day, we will have 5 Interviews: Twosret, Vellia (these two are short ones), and one from the Team chosen are fixed.

Now it is your choice which Dancer/s should have her onscreen Job Interview for this next release!

The Winning Girl will have a Job interview onscreen day4 (0.0.17)... and for our Backers a special glamour photoshoot render!

Photoshoot renders are: Download for Backers only.

But for now, have fun and vote for your favorite Girl!

Now have fun and chose your girl.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Good start. Good layout and the characters. I am sure there will be more surprises coming up to fill in some unknown themes that may be connected to some of my questions regarding to few points during some of the characters conversation with MC. Looking forward to the next several updates.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
FYI - Folks, Blackthunder_vn has made a post about real-life issues and the impact on Troubled Legacy:

Floods in Bavaria may cause some delays (1-2 weeks) due to his needing to work on disaster recovery for some of his clients.

A scene from dev's homeland:

Last edited:

sbbre461

Mar 17, 2019
I find it annoying that TextBox does not appear when you play, especially in certain moments when the white text blends with the white background of some images, does anyone have a solution to solve it? I state that in the GUI folder of the game the TextBox.png file is present.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
sbbre461 have noted.

Made an Poll:

With or without Textbox?
Now its your choice.

Have Fun Blackthunder

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I find it annoying that TextBox does not appear when you play, especially in certain moments when the white text blends with the white background of some images, does anyone have a solution to solve it? I state that in the GUI folder of the game the TextBox.png file is present.
Hrmm Blackthunder_vn went to some effort to try to ensure that wasn't an issue. It's deliberately turned off. Sorry to hear that you still found that annoying. It's commented out in screens.rpy.

The poll kinda overwhelming says that people prefer it off... but we have prototyped a player preference that may make it into the next rev.

As always, thank you for the feedback.

Reactions: juan palote
3.30 star(s) 26 Votes