VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
There is a way it could be brought in between the mother and her daughters or sister and sister. But that is between them and not the Mc since he isn't related. It could be there if they are Bi and interested in each other but that doesn't mean they have to be or have to do anything with each other... other then share the mc between them. Some people would be for it others against it. I doubt it would really upset people either way so then it would be up to the dev if he/she writes it into the story.
I mean not everyone will like the way I am writing my own but for mine it is part of the story. I have yet to decided how much contact the girls do or do not have with each other but in the case of mine it is only when the mc is there and involved.
So as I said its up to the dev if in this story he decides to do something with the mother and the daughters but then its not the mc but between them.

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
This, so much this, dont add sandbox, many of us will leave.

You already have a playerbase without sandbox, dont shot yourself on your foot Dev. If you want to create a sandbox game, make it another and do it from the start
Actually, I completely agree with you. When we first started talking about this I warned that VNs that suddenly turned into sandboxes were a bit of a train wreck. Mismanaged expectations and having the experience completely change after building an audience is something to avoid. So we talked a good while about how this could be accomplished without that happening. Managing expectations is a good reason to talk about these plans early, but yeah really don't want this wrecking the game.

The main thing we want to get is to be able to revisit your favorite girls and explore some optional content. AKA Choice. I think there's room to do this without derailing the flow of the VN.

Not if it's done right. You don't need to let the girls touch each other. Everyone seems to believe that a harem has to have lesbian sex. It doesn't, if it's done right. ...
Okay, agreed that Harem doesn't inherently need lesbian sex between members. I dispute whether either way is "right" or "wrong". In this case, it's part of the rationale that creates the harem... how we end up with a girlfriend who sets it all in motion and is actively helping create it. That's the story we are telling.

Anyway, great feedback folks! I promise we'll look at things as to what we can do to make as many folks happy with the game as possible and still make the game we want to make.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The main thing we want to get is to be able to revisit your favorite girls and explore some optional content. AKA Choice. I think there's room to do this without derailing the flow of the VN.
You can do that with a simple option, like My New Family does. For example you are somewhere in the house (the livingroom for example) and you get options (go visit X, go Visit Y, etc, and a final option to continue)

You dont need sandbox or free roam to have side girls

Reactions: zenupstart

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
You can do that with a simple option, like My New Family does. For example you are somewhere in the house (the livingroom for example) and you get options (go visit X, go Visit Y, etc, and a final option to continue)

You dont need sandbox or free roam to have side girls
He makes a good point and its the system I plan on using once my story develops more and more women come into the game. It removes the sandbox, spreads out the content daily while allowing the mc to spend time with the main Lis in the morning and evening and sometimes even the evenings are broken up between individual main li's. It is a decent way of doing it with no sandbox. The only thing you would have to do is remember which girl you write in for each day/time slot and try to keep the times even between each one. today x and y tomorrow w and b once you have gone through each girl just repeat with new content in the next round.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
juan palote he means you can visit them outside the story.

My new Family is build up a little bit different than TL. One plan was to show an map icon so you can switch as you want or not.
Everyone can do as they want. And no one is bothered.

But if you make it so. You have to make an Game in an Game. It is hard to describe.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Okay, agreed that Harem doesn't inherently need lesbian sex between members. I dispute whether either way is "right" or "wrong". In this case, it's part of the rationale that creates the harem... how we end up with a girlfriend who sets it all in motion and is actively helping create it. That's the story we are telling.
And I get that. I wasn't saying either way is right or wrong. The story you guys are telling is your story and it should be told your way. Not mine, or anyone else's.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020

My new Family is build up a little bit different than TL. One plan was to show an map icon so you can switch as you want or not.

But if you make it so. You have to make an Game in an Game. It is hard to describe.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

But that is where things go south, opening a map and moving with a click, for a lot of us, remove immersion from the game, and we dont want to miss content just because its hidden behind a free roam or sandbox element added after we have been playing the game for months

Its a bad idea to change the gameplay in the middle of the game, and you will piss off a lot of us by doing so. Its one thing to have it from the start so we can ignore the game without even opening it, but introducing it after we are playing it? That's a big no

Please think about it, it wont be well received and bring a lot of backlash if you do it, it has happened before and it never ended well

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
But that is where things go south, opening a map and moving with a click, for a lot of us, remove immersion from the game, and we dont want to miss content just because its hidden behind a free roam or sandbox element added after we have been playing the game for months

Its a bad idea to change the gameplay in the middle of the game, and you will piss off a lot of us by doing so. Its one thing to have it from the start so we can ignore the game without even opening it, but introducing it after we are playing it? That's a big no

Please think about it, it wont be well received and bring a lot of backlash if you do it, it has happened before and it never ended well
That's excellent feedback, thank you.

Leaving aside free roam map navigation (since you've made yourself quite clear on THAT topic), what do you think about semi-realistic smartphone UI as a way to allow the player to make choices? Like ask for a date, booty call, send me a sexy selfie, access old pictures? (Choices that don't fit in that UI can still be standard Ren'Py menus.)

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
That's excellent feedback, thank you.

Leaving aside free roam map navigation (since you've made yourself quite clear on THAT topic), what do you think about semi-realistic smartphone UI as a way to allow the player to make choices? Like ask for a date, booty call, send me a sexy selfie, access old pictures? (Choices that don't fit in that UI can still be standard Ren'Py menus.)
Honestly, i think its too similar to a map. The player would have to either be accessing the phone all the time (for example, to know when to send the selfie in your example) or just have some kind of notification that a new action is available, which again to me removes immersion (why would the phone tell you that you can now send a selfie or ask for a date?)

I still think the best course of action is to keep the game a VN, and just add options (if at some point, you want to give the option to date someone, add at that point an option that says "Date X") just like VNs have them, with decisions presented to the player at a given point. Now the Dev says the game is build up in a way that it seems to not be possible (i didnt understand why, but i take his word), in that case, i prefer to have it being fixed and give an option to skip to those that dont want to.

I think its important for the gameplay to not change in the middle of a project, i have seen it fail too many times and for good reasons.

Reactions: Jsd16

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Really no incest fuck what a let down.
Not all games need incest.
It is just having the option would be nice.
The incest adjacent, godmother and her family I thought was clever and a bit different. It's one of the things that drew me to this project. I joined after playing the initial release.

Not having incest here isn't meant to be a dis on the people who like that kind of thing. Just like not having sharing with males or not having NTR. Just focusing on a specific story with a few base elements.

But yeah: Can't be all things to all people.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The incest adjacent, godmother and her family I thought was clever and a bit different. It's one of the things that drew me to this project. I joined after playing the initial release.

Not having incest here isn't meant to be a dis on the people who like that kind of thing. Just like not having sharing with males or not having NTR. Just focusing on a specific story with a few base elements.

But yeah: Can't be all things to all people.
If this had NTR, I wouldn't be in this post. But, I'm here waiting for when the game has choices. That way I can get an actual feel of the game. Not just base my current judgement on the KN portion. Which would be sorely lacking in positive feedback for you guys.

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
Honestly, i think its too similar to a map. The player would have to either be accessing the phone all the time (for example, to know when to send the selfie in your example) or just have some kind of notification that a new action is available, which again to me removes immersion (why would the phone tell you that you can now send a selfie or ask for a date?)

I still think the best course of action is to keep the game a VN, and just add options (if at some point, you want to give the option to date someone, add at that point an option that says "Date X") just like VNs have them, with decisions presented to the player at a given point. Now the Dev says the game is build up in a way that it seems to not be possible (i didnt understand why, but i take his word), in that case, i prefer to have it being fixed and give an option to skip to those that dont want to.

I think its important for the gameplay to not change in the middle of a project, i have seen it fail too many times and for good reasons.
I too agree with juan there is no need for smartphone for setting a date or booty call with x or y where u can easily present it in VN choices like - if u wanna go on date with x or not . If u go on a date with her u r on her love/ harem path, If u don't then that side character will present in the game for the story but will not be romanceable . I personally love harem route and I will go with them all , these type of choices will make easy for players who don't wanna romance characters that they don't like .

If dev decides to add conversations into the game . Smartphone can be used when many LI will send sexy selfies and msg to reply , late night msg or to view old messages or gallery where u can click on smartphone icon like My real desire (no need for free roam like that game to collect special renders ). But overall try to limit Smartphone experience to a bare minimum like chats , gallery , character info not for setting up a date with x or y .

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
Why are there so many demands, the story has just started.

Let the writer, do the job.

There is no way they can cater to every demand. Nor should they.
It's their game idea!

Let them build the game as they see fit.

every one is free to play or not to play!

This is just my opinion.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Why are there so many demands, the story has just started.

Let the writer, do the job.

There is no way they can cater to every demand. Nor should they.
It's their game idea!

Let them build the game as they see fit.

every one is free to play or not to play!

This is just my opinion.
We are having a respectful interaction with a Dev that enabled that. We are not demanding.

It will ultimately be his decision, and it will our decision to continue to play or not, but in the meantime, and provided everyone wants to have the discussion and its respectful, i dont see why we should stop

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
But I think constuctive input and feedback is not an bad thing.

It helps sometimes. What i can say if something game changing happens then there will be an poll.

Well, of course if it is constructive input and feedback.

But I think there is too many who say if this is in the game, then we think it's bad.

In the end if you need to cater to everything, the vision you had for the game is
gone, and the game will not be as you envisioned it.

Stick to your plan.

If it's good critisism then you can make the game better.

But if it's just demands then it's someonelses idea about how you should
make the game.
And that is not good for anybody.

Because it takes time to develope a good story with good graphic and
I guess the coding takes some time too.

Again this is just my opinon.

Last edited:

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
We are having a respectful interaction with a Dev that enabled that. We are not demanding.

It will ultimately be his decision, and it will our decision to continue to play or not, but in the meantime, and provided everyone wants to have the discussion and its respectful, i dont see why we should stop
Well, maybe I am just reading the messages differently.
Some of it comes across as demands.

Or we have different approach to what is respectful or not.
I never said anything about what you wrote.

But there is posts that seems to be demanding further back.

But maybe my knowledge in the english language is very lacking?
I don't know!

Last edited:

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Well, maybe I am just reading the messages diffrently.
Some of it comes across as demands.

Or we have different approach to what is respectful or not.
I never said anything about what you wrote.

But there is posts that seems to be demanding further back.

But maybe my knowledge in the english language is very lacking?
I don't know!
Well, we appreciate you speaking up. Nice to see people standing up for the artists!

We did solicit feedback... and this being f95, kinda knew what that would bring.

So actually have to say it could have gone much worse. It has been pretty respectful, relatively speaking.

People very much have a right to their opinion and it's good feedback when we hear that's not their thing etc. Particularly in this community where people have ... "alternative" ... tastes.

We did have some back and forth on "right or wrong" and some clarifications on bits of the narrative that didn't get across. Honestly, that was good earnest discussion.

Now... If anyone wants to tell us what they think we are doing right... that would be lovely. ;)

For example: Tell us your best girl! Or which one we should get to know better and why!

What scenes or lines you liked! Any scenes you'd like to see?

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
Well, we appreciate you speaking up. Nice to see people standing up for the artists!

We did solicit feedback... and this being f95, kinda knew what that would bring.

So actually have to say it could have gone much worse. It has been pretty respectful, relatively speaking.

People very much have a right to their opinion and it's good feedback when we hear that's not their thing etc. Particularly in this community where people have ... "alternative" ... tastes.

We did have some back and forth on "right or wrong" and some clarifications on bits of the narrative that didn't get across. Honestly, that was good earnest discussion.

Now... If anyone wants to tell us what they think we are doing right... that would be lovely. ;)

For example: Tell us your best girl! Or which one we should get to know better and why!

What scenes or lines you liked! Any scenes you'd like to see?
Yes, you are right.
Everyone have a right to opinons.

But sometimes it feels like opinions can drive a split, and two sides emerges.

Then it turns into a pretty hostile and toxic enviroment were feedback get
mixed up with the right to have an opinion.
And after awhile opinions turns into demands, seen that on other forums.

You know change this or we leave.
And everyone has a chip on the shoulder.

Anyway, I think it's nice of you guys to hang here and give the time and
effort to answer questions.

That is great!

Have a nice weekend.

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes