The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
While I may have my own personal views on the situation, I want to be clear that I still enjoy the game and fully support its development like a good portion of the people here. My comment wasn't meant to speculate or imply that the dev will abandon the project or make excuses in the future.

People are of course free to feel the way they do, I'd like to think I somewhat understand both sides but in the end hopefully this thread doesn't devolve into a shitshow of arguments. Cheers.
I think everyone here loves the game and both their hope and concern after Baibai put Twisted Memories onhold is understandable. I'm also trying to be positive about him returning to work in this visual novel, but I also know that there's a good chance he may never return and TW may end up as another game with the "abandoned" tag on it. It's a difficult situation where no one is on the bad side. Just fans worried about a product they like at risk of being discontinued.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Life is too short for someone to still be pissed because the dev paused the game. There are other games to keep you entertained. That in the end time passes and the dev still hasn't published an update? Well, tough luck, but things go on and it's just a game in the end.
Sure but there is a big difference for the people that have been spending their hard earned money for months while the dev talked about his plans and making good progress.
Let's not be disingenuous here.
Their anger is more than justified. Yall want this indie space to lose support? Because this is what makes people (Like me) stop supporting it.
Stop calling out people who point out shitty behavior by devs. I like Baibai's work and I like this game but I'm gonna call out B.S.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Those people (or you) can say whatever they want and I will also say my opinion. This is how forums work.

And btw I don't think I have criticized anyone or been hard on anyone. I only share what I think
You know what? You're absolutely right. I apologize for acting like asshole. I just get frustrated with how many people seem to dickride developers despite their bad behavior.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
To the people saying that releasing an update and then taking a break is better: Warframe has done that multiple times and they have learned that people hate dealing with bugs more than they hate waiting for an update.
Always deliver late but deliver a good product rather than early and bad. Remember Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's Sky.
Now, saying all this. The problem with Bai Bai goes more to where he is relying for financial means as that's SS rather than Patreon where he would have gotten a lot more support and thus more leeway in real life to put effort in the game.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah not really.
Excellent point and well argued.
retard-alert-south-park.gif
Always deliver late but deliver a good product rather than early and bad. Remember Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's Sky.
Now, saying all this. The problem with Bai Bai goes more to where he is relying for financial means as that's SS rather than Patreon where he would have gotten a lot more support and thus more leeway in real life to put effort in the game.
You cannot make blatant incest games and put them on Patreon. Well you can but it doesn't turn out well for the developer.

Reactions: Ass~God
Feb 2, 2022
Here is a gallery unlocker, won't work for future updates but it'll work for v0.8. Also fixed a bug where choosing the Stephi dressing room bj/boobjob in the gallery would cause a crash

installation: drag n drop into `game/` folder; if you have trouble with getting it to work then see this post for detailed instructions: https://f95zone.to/threads/twisted-memories-v0-8b-baibai.129520/post-14481372

for BaiBai if u see this: the bug was "d6s5v2brp" should be "d6s6v2brp"

btw the Stephi beach scene where mc is choking her gets kinda dark tbh, take that as a warning cos I certainly didn't expect it :p
hi um sorry to ask does it work on v0.8b the latest version on main page

Feb 2, 2022
hi yes it does
so i tested it the bug were gallery second page last picture down right the game crash error and another was new page 3 or latest update page 3 forth pic i doesnt show on your version but when using the main game gallery.rpy it shows but locked so you have to update your gallery unlock for (page 2 last picture or down right and page 3 forth pic or down left) so yeah v0.8b has some bugs with your gallery unlock

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
so i tested it the bug were gallery second page last picture down right the game crash error and another was new page 3 or latest update page 3 forth pic i doesnt show on your version but when using the main game gallery.rpy it shows but locked so you have to update your gallery unlock for (page 2 last picture or down right and page 3 forth pic or down left) so yeah v0.8b has some bugs with your gallery unlock
Thanks for lmk, I thought I had released the mod for v0.8b but it seems I was mistaken. If you want me to fix it and don't mind waiting, I could update the mod but I probably won't get to it until around this time tomorrow or the day after

Altair1243

Aug 17, 2019
I came back and see the thread on fire was expecting something juicy. But It was just some people bitching about a decent indi dev taking a break to handle some irl issue(he stopped the patreon btw). Kinda lame
Technically accurate but massively downplaying the actual situation. Honestly, sounds like this game is one bad event from being abandoned.

Reactions: Ass~God
4.60 star(s) 136 Votes