Aug 9, 2020
shu up noone is reading all that get a life and stop defending that stupid lol, "non of you have opinion cause youre not paying" well news for you i was a supporter and stopped been one a the moment i realize he was just an idiot who dont has a programmer "cause he has bad experiences before" LOL i use to be in the tier of 30 usd
Lmao exactly! Thank goodness you’re understandin

I never got the logic of “you’re not paying so you can’t criticise”

I mean isn’t that the point of why they’re not paying? Lmao

what smart person would see a terrible game via reviews then buy it just to hate it? I was willing to support Snats but decided not to once he decided to screw over everyone.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Lmao exactly! Thank goodness you’re understandin

I never got the logic of “you’re not paying so you can’t criticise”

I mean isn’t that the point of why they’re not paying? Lmao

what smart person would see a terrible game via reviews then buy it just to hate it? I was willing to support Snats but decided not to once he decided to screw over everyone.
It’s silly to disregard fair critique of the AVN itself based on “you didn’t pay”. However there is also critique along the lines of “the dev isn’t working hard enough or producing enough” when they don’t pay the dev. It’s fair to disregard that within reason. When the dev is literally making 5-6 figures a month and producing very little. That critique is fair imo. When the dev is barely making 4 figures a month it’s a stupid critique. People act like 3000 a month allows you a lavish lifestyle.

Reactions: Chris2041

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
This one pretty old, but I could definitely tell you that this got a lot of backlash when it got released.
Judging from the family pic of Jonah, that is Jeanne. As for the other guy whom you've quoted, most reason why it was backlashed was that Jeanne from before is that you could totally see that she is a shut in, and people adored her for that. The new Jeanne is supposedly to have a military background due to one of the teasers Snats shared before and people felt like that is a complete 180 of the Old Jeanne.

Edit: Replayed the game and if what I am seeing is correct, that ain't exactly the "shut-in" Jeanne we will meet. Still has that "very athletic" build, but has disheveled hair.

Reactions: Crazy4Oreos

Skyboing

Dec 4, 2022
This one pretty old, but I could definitely tell you that this got a lot of backlash when it got released.
She lost the dark circles, the thickness, and grew about 8 centimeters taller. She used to look like a chubby and socially awkward girl; now, she just resembles a generic model from a femdom hentai. 1000085896.png

1000085895.png
I will miss you...
1000085894.jpg

Erosynth

Dec 15, 2023
that shouldn't even need an explanation, the old version of him was so far better then the new one that i cant even find an apt comparison to describe how far better the old version was
Once again the inability to understand that whatever you like does not apply universally. You may like the old one, so what? Which ever you find the best doesn't make it a fact, you are speaking as if it's a fact lol.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I finally got around to the update. It was a massive improvement from the heaven and hell prologue. The weebspeak is gone, the writing is better (but still typo-ridden), much fewer sprite animations for main characters even though it was heavily PoV focused, much more natural and varied movements in the animations, the masks were all seamlessly done, and the previews for what's to come look even better. I didn't like how much dumber the protagonist is in this iteration, though... He's much more slow on the uptake as to the dynamics of the world than he was in the previous iteration. Being in a hospital bed isn't a good excuse for that, IMO.

My main worry at this point is why Snats is still so bad at Ren'Py scripting. If what he's said about the delays is to be believed, he's having a hard time with the variables for the sandbox mode. There are basic techniques you can use such as nesting and conditional loops in addition to if/else statements and label jumps to differentiate game states for a sandbox/free roam stage that don't get into any complex techniques or coding with more complex things like classes, lists, or objects. You can also comment your variables using # in Ren'Py and use a GREP style search program to keep track of comments without being overwhelmed.

Hopefully he learns some processes to facilitate the scripting process for him or he'll end up being perpetually overwhelmed, if that's what's holding him back and not the writing or rendering process. He's always been on the faster end for rendering, so I really doubt it's anything to do with that. His writing isn't that complicated, either. If I were him I'd set some time aside from other aspects of the development process and focus on learning techniques to facilitate and streamline scripting and debugging to avoid getting into situations where those become a bottleneck in the future.

Reactions: Khan Targaryen
4.10 star(s) 215 Votes