MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
Hello again,

I've been working on a crack that is as easy to use as the 0.0.13 and previous versions while still emulating the new map API. I would appreciate if other people could try it. I tested it creating a new game as well as loading an old save.

Extract the ZIP to the game folder and start the game using the LaunchGame(.bat) file.

Map transitions will be a bit slower the first time you visit a map since the crack is downloading the map file in the background and serving it to the game. Subsequent visits to the same map will use the cached version skipping the download altogether.

Important:
You must have entered fake patreon login data in a previous version for the crack to work. Since this patch skips the dialog altogether you must follow the steps generously described by HarryRM here if you are a new player. auth_username and auth_password is what's needed in the file. If enough people confirm it's working I will probably rewrite part of the crack so this step is no longer needed.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,

doesnt work for me... game crashes every time i start a campaing

Mixa951

Mar 30, 2020
Alright, a few things changed behind the scenes in Two Horns 0.0.14 to combat piracy. The most important one is that version 0.0.14 is no longer providing the actual map files in the release. You're getting the image tilesets but not the actual maps. When a patreon user logs in and plays the game it downloads the map files during runtime when map changes occur or when a new savegame is started. So in order to play the 0.0.14 content you must be a patron to Pink Cafe Art.

What we can do is run our own API server and instead of providing 0.0.14 map files, we'll provide the ones from 0.0.13 (since the author released those for the old client). The benefits of doing that is we can play using the new 0.0.14 client that introduced the new cheat menu and also enjoy several bugfixes.

This also means a patreon user can share their 0.0.14 map files with us if they desire to do so.

Thanks to felixthetrap 's discovery the 0.0.14 map files are publicly accessible so parts of my previous paragraph are no longer true. If you want an easy and automated way to just play, use their solution instead.

Here's what you need to do to get started:
  1. Download and install 0.0.14 map files:
    Mega

Extract the contents of the zip to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\

A fast way to get there would be WIN+R and enter %LocalAppData%\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\
  2. Download the Two Horns proxy from the attachment and extract it to the game folder. When asked, overwrite all files with the ones from the zip.
  3. Launch TwoHornsProxy.exe. The first time you run it you will be asked to install and trust a root certificate to your system. This is required to decrypt the https traffic. After accepting the message it will no longer popup in the future. Important: You must leave this proxy window open while you are playing.
  4. Launch the game normally using the TwoHorns.exe file and click through the title screen. When asked for a login enter any data you like and hit okay. It will be accepted and you're ready to play.

If everything went well, you will see something similiar to this:
View attachment 929410

FAQ
  • Q: Is it required to always run the proxy if I want to play?
  • A: Yes, without the proxy no data can be spoofed and modified for the client to accept it.

• Q: The proxy can't start or shows errors.
  • A: The proxy requires at least .NET Framework 4.7.2. Most computers have it already installed if they're running Win7/8.1/10 and do system updates frequently. Also make sure port 8888 is available and not already bound by any other application.

• Q: Why do you supply a different libcocos2d.dll file?
  • A: The game engine uses cocos2d-x to handle many parts of the game, e.g. sound, rendering and networking. By default all connections to the server are direct and no proxy can be configured to intercept the data. In order to tell the game to connect to a proxy anyway, I patched the cocos2d library to tell libcurl to connect using a proxy:
    View attachment 929403
    Whenever this patched libcocos2d.dll file is used all connections will go through a proxy at 127.0.0.1:8888.

• Q: My game appdata is in a non-default folder, how can I change the path for the proxy?
    A: Open TwoHornsProxy.exe.config and edit the value for "MapPath" at the end of the file. You will also find all the spoofed messages there.

Let me know if there's any problems, any feedback is appreciated. I didn't have an old "endgame" save so testing everything beforehand was not possible.

Cheers,
1607899666887.png
Help please.

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
doesnt work for me... game crashes every time i start a campaing
Same here, just closes on game load. May have something to do with missing maps & assets.

I really don't want to go the node server loopback route as it's incredibly painful & the Node Server takes hours to install itself fully. If I'm spending 4+ hours in prep work just to play a game, it needs to be the best thing ever and send me IRL money for victories.

Idea looks good, but since it's totally unplayable I can't see being a patreon of this dev...ever.

Last edited:

Key00

Nov 16, 2020
Someone, please tell me how to go about not having to log in version 0.0.13/0.0.14 For the android version and what applications are used

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the feedback guys! By the looks of it it's pure luck whether the crack works for you or not. The only crashes I had while developing it was when the server response was unexpected (i.e. didn't return the map data properly). The patch itself is very fragile as I am re-redirecting and adding data structures directly in memory. I'll have to see if I can find a more stable solution. Sorry peeps.

// EDIT: The reason the crack (no longer) works is because the author of the game yet again changed how the game retrieves map data. Links to files previously accessible on no longer work. Hello silent reader PinkCafeArt

// EDIT2: I have updated my
previous crack so it downloads the files from a github repo instead. Re-download the zip and overwrite the TwoHornsDll.dll file.

Cheers,

Last edited:

gui43

Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for the feedback guys! By the looks of it it's pure luck whether the crack works for you or not. The only crashes I had while developing it was when the server response was unexpected (i.e. didn't return the map data properly). The patch itself is very fragile as I am re-redirecting and adding data structures directly in memory. I'll have to see if I can find a more stable solution. Sorry peeps.

// EDIT: The reason the crack (no longer) works is because the author of the game yet again changed how the game retrieves map data. Links to files previously accessible on no longer work. Hello silent reader PinkCafeArt

// EDIT2: I have updated my
previous crack so it downloads the files from a github repo instead. Re-download the zip and overwrite the TwoHornsDll.dll file.

Cheers,
Just checked and it works

Reactions: l8rdude

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
20$ for a gallery is fucking greedy as hell. I wouldn't mind buying the game once it's completed but their patreon pricing is horrendous.

Reactions: joehoe

Reckless4545

Nov 25, 2020
Welp i give up. None of the methods seem to work for me. Tried the crack and ran the batch (as administrator(?)) and Command prompt opened then closed within a split second. I did have to create a fake patreon login data since i was a new player if that means something. I'm probably doing something heavily wrong? Node server also didn't work and kept crashing because it couldn't find a map file. Guess ill just wait and see if anything new appears here.

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
Welp i give up. None of the methods seem to work for me. Tried the crack and ran the batch (as administrator(?)) and Command prompt opened then closed within a split second. I did have to create a fake patreon login data since i was a new player if that means something. I'm probably doing something heavily wrong? Node server also didn't work and kept crashing because it couldn't find a map file. Guess ill just wait and see if anything new appears here.
The command prompt opening and closing quickly is normal in this case. Running the batch file runs an injector which attaches the DLL into the executable and exits itself immediately after. The code contained inside the DLL then does its magic and modifies the game's behaviour. Anyway, what happens in the game after you launch it?

Cheers,

Voltage Flame

Jun 27, 2018
Okay so at first I almost gave up on it (Lazy and tbh sooo many options lol)
But for those who are curious here is how I made it work:

-I downloaded the game as it should
-Extract using w/e tool you have (I have WinRAR)
-DO what our kind sir l8rdude said--->DOWNLOAD the attachment from his post (#418)
-EXTRACT the content in the game file (TwoHorns) (It contains the LaunchGame.dat and 2 other files)

For those who have played the game in the past, I THINK you can start the game by clicking the LaunchGame(bat)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my case since I was a new player, I had to do some "fun" extra steps...:
Following what HarryRM said from post #404
*Everything from here on out was me trying to figure out what HarryRM did following l8rdude

-I went to: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\TwoHorns (There should be a UserDefault XML document thingy)next to the PinkCafeArt
-Right-click the UserDefault XML document followed by open with "notepad"
-On the third(?) line where it says [whatever your computer name is] there should be a code in
-Copy that code for the future (In my case I just copied/pasted it on the bottom of the notepad)
-Delete ALL that is in the notepad EXCEPT your code
-Now copy/paste what HarryRM posted:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<userDefaultRoot>
<userId>[whatever your computer name is, not relevant?]</userId>
<seVolume>0.700000</seVolume>
<bgmVolume>0.700000</bgmVolume>
<lang>en</lang>
<voiceVolume>0.700000</voiceVolume>
<auth_username>[insert name here]</auth_username>
<auth_password>[insert password here]</auth_password>
<scrn_x>1280</scrn_x>
<scrn_y>720</scrn_y>
</userDefaultRoot>

-On the third line delete: [whatever your computer name is, not relevant?] (CAREFUL not to delete the "><")and put your code there instead
-TOP left, click on file and SAVE your file then exit

FINALLY go back to your game folder and, like those who played before, click on the LaunchGame(bat)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worked for me if anyone tries it and it worked too let me know! I tried to make this as simple as I could.
ALL credit to l8rdude and HarryRM they're the MVP

Reactions: HarryRM

jarod57340

Feb 7, 2018

-DO what our kind sir l8rdude said--->DOWNLOAD the attachment from his post (#418)
-EXTRACT the content in the game file (TwoHorns) (It contains the LaunchGame.dat and 2 other files)

For those who have played the game in the past, I THINK you can start the game by clicking the LaunchGame(bat)
Following what HarryRM said from post #404
*Everything from here on out was me trying to figure out what HarryRM did following l8rdude

-I went to: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\TwoHorns (There should be a UserDefault XML document thingy)next to the PinkCafeArt
-On the third(?) line where it says [whatever your computer name is] there should be a code in
-Copy that code for the future (In my case I just copied/pasted it on the bottom of the notepad)
-Now copy/paste what HarryRM posted:

<userDefaultRoot>
<lang>en</lang>
<scrn_x>1280</scrn_x>
<scrn_y>720</scrn_y>
</userDefaultRoot>

-On the third line delete: [whatever your computer name is, not relevant?] (CAREFUL not to delete the "><")and put your code there instead

FINALLY go back to your game folder and, like those who played before, click on the LaunchGame(bat)
Worked for me if anyone tries it and it worked too let me know! I tried to make this as simple as I could.
ALL credit to l8rdude and HarryRM they're the MVP
Thank you i was losing hope of playing it again

Reactions: Voltage Flame

Reckless4545

Nov 25, 2020
The command prompt opening and closing quickly is normal in this case. Running the batch file runs an injector which attaches the DLL into the executable and exits itself immediately after. The code contained inside the DLL then does its magic and modifies the game's behaviour. Anyway, what happens in the game after you launch it?

Cheers,
Game crashes upon starting a new game. Probably map files again idk.

-DO what our kind sir @l8rdude said--->DOWNLOAD the attachment from his post (#418)

Following what @HarryRM said from post #404
*Everything from here on out was me trying to figure out what @HarryRM did following @l8rdude

-Now copy/paste what @HarryRM posted:

<userDefaultRoot>
<lang>en</lang>
<scrn_x>1280</scrn_x>
<scrn_y>720</scrn_y>
</userDefaultRoot>

ALL credit to @l8rdude and @HarryRM they're the MVP
I tried doing everything stated here again, seemed simple. And not to my surprise it still crashes, same place to, moment i click new game it crashes. I'm definitely doing something wrong, somewhere somehow.

Voltage Flame

Jun 27, 2018

I tried doing everything stated here again, seemed simple. And not to my surprise it still crashes, same place to, moment i click new game it crashes. I'm definitely doing something wrong, somewhere somehow.
I did went to the game's data(C:Users etc etc) and deleted EVERYTHING to start anew and deleted the game's actual folder...
Don't know if that changes a lot but hopefully, someone else will come to the rescue! xD

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
I have added a new version of the crack. You no longer need to modify the config file before launching the game for the first time. It's done by the crack now using the game engine itself.

There's 2 situations in which the game would "crash" at that point:

a) auth_username and auth_password are not set in the config. The game gracefully exits and opens the authors patreon page in the browser after. The new version of the crack does add these values for you so this should no longer be needed if you run the latest version.

b) the game tries to load a map with invalid map data. This should only happen if the background download of the map file was unsuccessful or corrupted. If you can open this URL in a browser you should be good to go really...

I've added a debug DLL to this post. You can try to use this one to get some more information about what's happening in the background.

The line before ADResponseCallbackAddrDR and PrepareMapAddr respectively should not be null or empty.

Cheers,

Reactions: Voltage Flame

Reckless4545

Nov 25, 2020
There's 2 situations in which the game would "crash" at that point:

a) auth_username and auth_password are not set in the config. The game gracefully exits and opens the authors patreon page in the browser after. The new version of the crack does add these values for you so this should no longer be needed if you run the latest version.

b) the game tries to load a map with invalid map data. This should only happen if the background download of the map file was unsuccessful or corrupted. If you can open this URL in a browser you should be good to go really...

I've added a debug DLL to this post. You can try to use this one to get some more information about what's happening in the background.

The line before ADResponseCallbackAddrDR and PrepareMapAddr respectively should not be null or empty.

Cheers,
I have the url open in a browser. And in the dll its null. i dont know how to fix it (if i even can). I don't think I'm smart enough do this properly.

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes