alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean, there's a "demo" on his site, even though it's like version 0.0.11, not only does it only have half of the main quest and didn't even have a "guard" function.

And you do have a point, actually attracts more attention and encourage pirates to pay for them, like to humiliate them, yet still leave the game full playable despite being able to detect piracy.
And f95zone is often one of the source of pirates turned supporters, often with links to the creator and the store itself, encouraging people to support the developers if they have the money.
To be fair, this is a Japanese developer we're talking about, right? They have a history of adamant opposition to piracy despite the potential benefits like free advertising. The only Japanese dev I have ever seen not take a hard opposition stance is Illusion.

The ones you see encouraging or doing nothing are typicallly smaller western devs while the ones who fight it tooth and nail are typically smaller eastern devs and big companies who are allied with some sort of anti-piracy watchdog like The Entertainment Software Association, who protects Bethesda games.

Penniless Degenerate

Jan 16, 2020
To be fair, this is a Japanese developer we're talking about, right? They have a history of adamant opposition to piracy despite the potential benefits like free advertising. The only Japanese dev I have ever seen not take a hard opposition stance is Illusion.

The ones you see encouraging or doing nothing are typicallly smaller western devs while the ones who fight it tooth and nail are typically smaller eastern devs and big companies who are allied with some sort of anti-piracy watchdog like The Entertainment Software Association, who protects Bethesda games.
That's... certainly something I never knew about.

Reactions: alex2011

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
No dev, western or otherwise, actively encourages pirating. They understand and tolerate it, but they would much MUCH rather you buy the damn thing if you are able to.

normalguy420

Oct 9, 2019
No dev, western or otherwise, actively encourages pirating. They understand and tolerate it, but they would much MUCH rather you buy the damn thing if you are able to.
not entirely true i belive ive seen some devs full on say to pirate the game in both a if you cant afford it go ahead then if you like it and want to say thanks then buy it and a pirate the games instead of buying through key resellers and i think ive heard of other cases of devs saying to pirate their games for other reasons

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
not entirely true i belive ive seen some devs full on say to pirate the game in both a if you cant afford it go ahead then if you like it and want to say thanks then buy it and a pirate the games instead of buying through key resellers and i think ive heard of other cases of devs saying to pirate their games for other reasons
Like I said, they tolerate it and are understanding of it. That's where the "go ahead if you can't afford it, but if you can I would rather you give me money for my hard work" part comes in.

normalguy420

Oct 9, 2019
Like I said, they tolerate it and are understanding of it. That's where the "go ahead if you can't afford it, but if you can I would rather you give me money for my hard work" part comes in.
yeah true you have a point though i will add i mean theres probably like one dev who wants people to pirate his game/the game he worked on in the sense of he hates the company he works for and wants to see them burn lol

HarryRM

Dec 25, 2019
Dev says he aims to finish within 6 months of this year then move on to a new game. That would be the ideal time -hint hint wink wink-

pandawanka

Dec 9, 2017
I keep getting excited each time I see a notification for a new reply to this thread thinking that 0.0.15 got cracked but then its always just a complaint about people talking about the deep conversations on the ethics of piracy

RedARREMER

May 2, 2017
Version - 0.0.18

Win:
Mac:
Android:

What's new:
- Added main-quest and new maps
- Added sub-quest
- Added costumes
- Adjust the virtual pad (for android)

Last edited: