vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
There is a bug at the hairdresser (Kyle).
If you have a customized character, it gets reset to default and you have to start all over with customization.

Really like the game, thank you.
Lots of opportunities. Those two bald guys are the best. Hope they get more content. And the landlord too.

EDIT: Strange - the bug doesn't happen every time it seems. Now it worked two times in a row.

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
vendarr Bugs that happen from time to time are the worst :/ If you could provide more details on the issue, maybe I could be able to fix it. Did it reset the moment you entered customization at hairdresser? Or after clicking default?

You are welcome! For now I'm gonna focus on hairdresser, sex shop and new tenant scenes, then I'm gonna see who needs more love, probably with a Patreon poll :p

Reactions: vendarr

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
I believe it did reset the moment I entered customization at the hairdresser. At least I did not notice any accidential mouse click on the default button. But I can not rule it out. Maybe the issue is on my side after all. Now it seems to work all the time. Can't reproduce the issue. Strange. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for your response! :) And sorry if that bug report should be false alert.

Looking forward to any future updates!

Nov 7, 2017
where to put this? putting it in /managed crashes game...
Apparently it's for version 0.13a. I think that's why it's crashing. I was trying to load my save game but it wouldn't. The modified Assembly-CSharp file needs to be updated to 0.15a.

It should be put in here:

Unaware Of The World (main game folder)\UW v0.15a BA Win 64 Bit_Data\Managed

aigimilan

Oct 9, 2017
Its really easy, Help the dev by becoming a patreon and you will get access to the extended version and cheats.
Absolutely not.

The patreon system for games is cancerous as fuck. Every developer that locks features of their game behind it are doing this entirely for the money.

Literally worse than Steam's Early Access releases, at least with those you only pay once. Not like patreon:

Where you're expected to pay a netflix subscription monthly just sometimes get monthly updates. This game's had a thread here for 27 months. It's version 0.15. That's already $270 USD for the tier that unlocks cheats, for a game that's current pacing has it slated for sometime around 2028 to be finished.

I'll gladly buy an early access indie game like this once, and take the updates forever. None of these games provide anywhere near enough content to justify a games as a service financing model.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
Absolutely not.

The patreon system for games is cancerous as fuck. Every developer that locks features of their game behind it are doing this entirely for the money.

Literally worse than Steam's Early Access releases, at least with those you only pay once. Not like patreon:

Where you're expected to pay a netflix subscription monthly just sometimes get monthly updates. This game's had a thread here for 27 months. It's version 0.15. That's already $270 USD for the tier that unlocks cheats, for a game that's current pacing has it slated for sometime around 2028 to be finished.

I'll gladly buy an early access indie game like this once, and take the updates forever. None of these games provide anywhere near enough content to justify a games as a service financing model.
mmh i can see your point, and since 0.16 will be out tomorrow here's the modded extended for 0.15a

aigimilan

Oct 9, 2017
mmh i can see your point, and since 0.16 will be out tomorrow here's the modded extended for 0.15a
Thanks.

I do like this game and hope the development goes well, but after seeing games like Roundscape Adoveria where I've foolishly let patreon give them 50 USD over a 5 month span from me in 2017, here we are in 2021 and that games still not complete. Hard pass on paying for updates on things now. I'll gladly buy the game but the unfortunate reality of the distribution of these games is that there's no feasible way for me to buy it now and get 2025's July update.

Not really meaning to go on a rant, anyway.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
vendarr If more people come across it, I'll give it a go. Took a quick look and didn't find anything, so it might be somewhere deeper.

memkeys That crack won't work with any new versions. You would need new crack everytime the game gets updated. And nope, it's not my fault actually.

winini Sadly, it's not possible and not easy to add, so you can probably forget about it ever getting added.

aigimilan I 100% agree on the point of Patreon being milking heaven, and everyone here could name many, many games doing it shamelessly. And trust me, if all I ever cared about was money, then I could milk you in many ways. But as to defend myself and fellow devs who have to rely on Patreon, try to look at the whole process from our point of view. Over 2 years of work (game was on hiatus for ~half a year, since ended in hospital + add the time I've spent working before I even put it on Patreon) and now I'm making like $400 monthly. If it was a mere cashgrab, I'm probably one of the worst cashgrabbers in the history, given the time spent on this project. I could make more by working wherever for minimum wage, while I'm programmer by profession. If you look at supporting me for benefits only, then yeah, the price is ridiculous, but you guys support the devs, because you want them to continue working and finish the game at some point, and we, devs, give you benefits like early access, cheats and so on as a token of our gratitude. I work alone on this project and just buy art from a friend. In the perfect world all games would be free and updates frequent and bug-free, but we are still people trying to make a living, and with $400 nowadays you can't make a living, not to mention hiring more people. And lastly, compare early versions of UotW with latest builds, this project really came a long way. EDIT: Funny thing is, that you have to pay tax, so it's more than $3, while I also have to pay the fee to Patreon, Paypal, Bank, Governement and lastly my graphic artist. I don't even get $2 from these $4 you had to pay.

P.S. v0.16 will come out in 1-2 hours, once I'm done with the bug testing/fixing. Needed to take 15 mins break.

Last edited:

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Sadly, it's not possible and not easy to add, so you can probably forget about it ever getting added.
That is unfortunate indeed. From screenshots it looked like this game could be playable with keyboard alone. Best of luck to you anyway! I'll go back to my RPGM and Ren'py games.

winini

Jan 10, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, what is so difficult about adding some keyboard controls? The game is not an FPS, and i saw some games made in Unity that can be played entirely from the keyboard.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
winini Well, it's not like making a game controlled with keyboard is hard or anything, but I programmed the game with mouse in mind and never gave it a thought about making it playable with only the keyboard, thus adding it now will require me to rewrite all controls mostly from scratch and that's a real pain in the ass, since I hate doing input/UI stuff, lol. So it's just a lot of work that I hate. But I gave it a second thought and you know what? I'll make a poll on the Patreon about it. If there's a demand, I'll add it. Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. v0.16 is being uploaded.

Reactions: winini

winini

Jan 10, 2019
winini Well, it's not like making a game controlled with keyboard is hard or anything, but I programmed the game with mouse in mind and never gave it a thought about making it playable with only the keyboard, thus adding it now will require me to rewrite all controls mostly from scratch and that's a real pain in the ass, since I hate doing input/UI stuff, lol. So it's just a lot of work that I hate. But I gave it a second thought and you know what? I'll make a poll on the Patreon about it. If there's a demand, I'll add it. Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. v0.16 is being uploaded.
Thank you for the answer! I understand that it is very unusual, and that unlike mouse-only control, keyboard-only control rarely cross minds of people, and that amount of people who actually need/want keyboard-only control in games are very small. Majority of games that ARE playable with keyboard-only, are playable only because they are "bad" console ports and use keyboard to emulate gamepad. It is rarely a conscious decision of developers. So thank you for even considering! Have a nice day!

• Red Heart

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
Apparently it's for version 0.13a. I think that's why it's crashing. I was trying to load my save game but it wouldn't. The modified Assembly-CSharp file needs to be updated to 0.15a.

It should be put in here:

Put the Assembly-CSharp file from the 2nd quote in the path shown of the 1st quote.

Edit: To be clear, put the Assembly-CSharp file in the 2nd quoted post in the following path:

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 17 Votes