Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@worstnightmare1 Haha, no need to tell me about problems with graphic artists, I know the pain :p

Yeah, I'm experimenting here a bit with different stuff, but when you introduce something new, you should add few examples and cover a bit bigger ground (different fetishes) IMO, rather than 1-2 big events for small amount of people. And I'll expand existing content, including random events, over next updates. Need to do a bit of everything at the same time. If I focus on stability issues and programming tools (v0.03) people will say it's hardly an update. If I focus on one genre/fetish, other people will also be disappointed. if I release smaller updates, but faster, they will cry there's hardly any new content, and if I wait like a full month to release something, they will rage that they need to wait full month for it etc. etc. :p There's hardly any optimal choice to do things, because you will always

Thanks as always!

@Betty Boop Oops! Looks like I overlooked one variable. Thanks!

@YosalouRe If you already know programming or worked with other game engines, then it's relatively easy to get started, but might still take years to get good at it (I have 3 year experience with Unity, but there's still a lot of stuff I don't know). Though if you have no idea about programming, game development and engines, you will struggle really a lot on the beginning and it might feel overwhelming, but on the other hand making very simple games is easy and there's a lot of tutorials, so it all depends on your motivation and free time to learn.

Reactions: YosalouRe

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
With some delay, but v0.05b is up.

v0.05a will be available for everyone on 24th April, and v0.05b on 31st April.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@Akhre Obviously, since quality usually comes with money. And so far I've spent more on this project than received from Patreon. But don't worry, if I'll ever make more from this project, I'll hire more stuff and increase quality, but right now I'm doing most of the stuff on my own in the spare time and just paying some people for art, sounds and so on.

Akhre

Feb 8, 2019
@Akhre Obviously, since quality usually comes with money. And so far I've spent more on this project than received from Patreon. But don't worry, if I'll ever make more from this project, I'll hire more stuff and increase quality, but right now I'm doing most of the stuff on my own in the spare time and just paying some people for art, sounds and so on.
Fair enough. What I would consider to increase quality:|

Consider vectorizing assets to fix the aliasing / low resolution problem (you can get surprisingly good quality raster -> vector with Adobe Illustrator if you play around with the settings). This doesn't take long and it's the first glaring problem here.

If this does not work (i.e. face detail gets distorted too much in vector), there is like 1000 programs where you can import and image, apply smoothing and export it without any quality loss (i.e. Adobe Flash I know for fact, Photoshop should have also).

Make the top UI (lipstick etc) a little bit smaller, since first of all, it's desktop game, secondly, because it's just for display, and not a button. Less screen clutter = better.

Lastly, I would avoid ever using color #000000 (black) except for UI. It would look better if those #000000 male models would be dark grey or a light black, but not #000000. Maybe even transparent, so you could fully see female model.

Good luck with your game :)

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@Akhre My current graphic artist is using Illustrator. Characters were created with Adobe Photoshop (if I'm not mistaken) by the previous person, and anti-aliasing caused a lot of artifacts back then. But I fixed it in v0.05b.

I have plans for reworking UI for some time already, but I really hate doing UI, so I'm postponing changing it >_> But I'll probably give it ago in May, while I'll be working on version for Android.

Character transparency won't work with the way we are doing things. You would see a lot of weird stuff :p

If I find some decent graphic artist, I will go through all the art and fix it, but current character art is like a mix of 3 different people's styles, so you can see some inconsistency here and there.

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: Akhre and TurtleBoi
3.70 star(s) 17 Votes