VN Ren'Py Abandoned Unexpected Adventures [Ch. 6 July 2020 Version] [Macadam]

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
mmmh i m working on something very interresting :)

something i think more devs should take as exempl. (no, seriously)

i m checking for release the game as updates, and not as game. meh.. let me explain better ^^. i m checking for release ONLY the new content, as a kind of form of folder (full of files) that you simply put into the game and then enjoy the new stuff.
instead of downloading the whole game, again and again at each updates.
i think its a great idea because as the game progress, it grow in size.. and we not all have super internet and all. soo that little "patch" ( let's call it like that), will containt only the new stuff and will be very more light in size for downloading.
i think its the best thing to do...

what do you think about that ?

its very possible, and i m gonna do that ( sure at 99% ). soo in clear . i hope bossapplesauce will add this in the OP.. you will need the actual game "chapter 1" that is on the OP right now.. and i give you all only the update soo its smaller and easy. you just put the file into the game folder and overwrite and tadaaa ! ready to go !
dont worry about bug.. i m checking it before of course. and if it work good, thats how the futur release will be.

PS : probably my best idea ever :p
It has been done earlier , can't remember what game but that developer released updates with only the new content that you extract to the game folder .
It's really sad that more dev doesn't do it though ...
I said it once before @macadam but i will say it again you're the HERO :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
It has been done earlier , can't remember what game but that developer released updates with only the new content that you extract to the game folder .
It's really sad that more dev doesn't do it though ...
I said it once before @macadam but i will say it again you're the HERO :)
i didnt knew it was made before XD . it just come to my mind, i get annoyed by downloading big game again and again each time. game like Big Brother and else are easily 3-4gb in size, thats huge when you dont have big internet connection.
and i agree, this should be used more. thats why i m gonna use it.

Reactions: Safetydummy

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
i didnt knew it was made before XD . it just come to my mind, i get annoyed by downloading big game again and again each time. game like Big Brother and else are easily 3-4gb in size, thats huge when you dont have big internet connection.
Yeah I feel Ya , I share Wi-fi from my phone to my laptop (don't have internet at home) so It's really a drag downloading big files :p

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It's definitely possible, probably quite easy to do, but just make sure that you release a full update as well, and if any asset names are changed instead of added, to include a renamed version of the asset.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
update is finished :)

now i just made the test for bugs and look for the small update/patch instead of the whole game again. and i hope to be able to read proof it ( cant garantee that, depend of the proof reader available or not ).

should normally ( if its ok ) come out tomorrow .

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
update is finished :)

now i just made the test for bugs and look for the small update/patch instead of the whole game again. and i hope to be able to read proof it ( cant garantee that, depend of the proof reader available or not ).

should normally ( if its ok ) come out tomorrow .
Hope you get the proof reader!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Hope you get the proof reader!
yup yup !

@ all
The chapter 2 is ready. i will upload it tomorrow ( cant say exactly when, depend of my work+ family etc...). but its tomorrow for sure.
here some points to mention before uploading it, just as you know whats coming :p, consider that as a kind of CHANGELOG for chapter 2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well, see you tomorrow , and i hope you gonna like that new chapter ( even with his bad points :p )

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
yup yup !

@ all
The chapter 2 is ready. i will upload it tomorrow ( cant say exactly when, depend of my work+ family etc...). but its tomorrow for sure.
here some points to mention before uploading it, just as you know whats coming :p, consider that as a kind of CHANGELOG for chapter 2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well, see you tomorrow , and i hope you gonna like that new chapter ( even with his bad points :p )
Awesome your game is great can't wait and hope the English is good!
The humour in this game is some of the best in any game!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
CHAPTER 2 is here !
( as i say before, sorry if they are any bad things :p )

3 downloads :
pc full = full game for pc
mac full = full game for mac
update = update file for turn chapter 1 version to chapter 2 version. ( pc only, sorry, i have no idea how to do this for mac.. :/ )

= PC FULL

= MAC FULL

= UPDATE ONLY (require chapter 1 full, incompatible with prologue only)

also, i made a small test with a QUADHD render ( wich took me lots of time) while games get uploaded on Mega.
if you have a native 4K monitor, please tell me what you think of it, if its good or not on 4K screen. ( render is not 4K but its close with QUADHD 2560x1440 or something like this )
take it here for test :p

also, like i say, the end of this chapter ( wich is not the end, but end this chapter ) is pretty bad and brute. sorry about that, i m not good at that :D

i also mention my patreon is now pledge "up front" ( aka you pay instantly when you become patrons then all months ). this is to avoid troubles with the fact i decide to put patrons name in the game FOREVER even if they are no more patrons. its my kind of eternal gratitude mark XD.

i hope you will enjoy that update ! and please excuse me for any bad things in it .... seriously :p

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
hawt damn!!!..time to get my brain broken again!!! :D
couple hours ago on another games thread i was so happy to see my MC could have at it with a she-orc..and suddenly..WTF..are the games reading my mind?..i LOVE Dr Mopuss...thank you..LOL...ugh my head is really hurting now though...
i just shit my pants laughing...you'll know when you see it..

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Don't smoke and code!

Here. I said it.

Seriously, I like me some anarchistic humor. And of course free fucking can NOT be a bad thing.
But, I am sorry, it is too much. The sex is not sexy, because the renders are bad, the dialogue is too much and after a while only tiring, the break of the 4th wall was mildly funny the first time, then also got tiring. I am impressed though with the many animal renders, but they are also put together without love and perspective. and so on.
Maybe I am too old for this shit. Aaand I also did not check if I have commented before in this thread, so, sorry if I repeat myself.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
What the fuck is this game
well.. its my game :). a shit game. i know ... very different from everything else you will find here around.

Don't smoke and code!

Here. I said it.

Seriously, I like me some anarchistic humor. And of course free fucking can NOT be a bad thing.
But, I am sorry, it is too much. The sex is not sexy, because the renders are bad, the dialogue is too much and after a while only tiring, the break of the 4th wall was mildly funny the first time, then also got tiring. I am impressed though with the many animal renders, but they are also put together without love and perspective. and so on.
Maybe I am too old for this shit. Aaand I also did not check if I have commented before in this thread, so, sorry if I repeat myself.
i know my game is not for everybody. and its clearly not the kind of game you can find here most of time.
the renders are bad, i know, but sadly its the best i can do. i maybe can do better with practice ( its my very first game). but my computer is not powerful enougth to allow me to give great super renders to peoples. for me, graphism is not very important, but i still try my best, with the shit i have. its like building a house, mcgyver style, with cardboard and 4X2... obviously not gonna be a full 5 stars palace :/.
again, my game is "special".. very different from everything else here. and obviously is a real shock for peoples the first time they see it. some like.. some not. i m conscious that my game is far away behind the most shitty thing you can find here.
itsmy first one, i give my heart to it. i m not a pro at anything, rendering, scripting, dials etc.. i work solo on it. my real life job is very different from video game industry, writting book/story or anything relative closely or far from creating a video game.
i m very sorry if you wasted your time with my shit :/ it is not my intention at all. but i really thank you for giving it a try and give a feedback in return. its all i ask from peoples.
i dont know if you will come back to it in futur. but i will learn with time. sooo, who know ? maybe in futur, this piece of shit game will maybe... maybe become a good little thing. thats my hope :)

i m sorry for wasting your time, and thank you for have giving it a try . you are awesome ! :)

This update is still insane, and I love it. I don't want every game to be like this, but I enjoy this one a lot.
Thank you ^^
i agree... i myself wouldnt like to see every game like this. i m like everybody here, i love some great game from very talented peoples. and it would be terrible if they turn like mine XD
my game is... and will always be... here for allowing peoples to play something different. something else than the over-used or abused game style/gameplay/situation/etc.. game we see again and again. the kind of game that for me ( and maybe us) sound like a copy-paste of each others.
i want my game to be unique, different. to allow peoples to refresh themself on something else, something different between 2 gameplay of their favorite super cool games. :)

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes