4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018

tl;dr - Been having some serious issues with my 3090. Will probably have to reformat my ssd at some point. The update is not coming out before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, BUT I will still be working on it and not totally disappearing into the flashing cyberpunk lights.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
-The game is not contained to the game. The code is part of the game. This forum is part of the game. In each area there is misleading information.
-I will lie to you.
Dear CarbonBlue,
please ditch that horrible, unforgivable idea. It might sound cool, or look cool in some post-modernist text, but it destroys the game. Games normally must be self-contained, with no need to go to forums or elsewhere. There was a MMORPG with such idea, called something like "Secret World", it has puzzles intentionally impossible to solve unless you searched real-world forums for clues. That game failed miserably, despite lots of efforts to make it look well, and even some good parts.

The game should not push players out of the immersion, otherwise for most people the immersion would be destroyed. Magic of the created world would disappear. Drained away in moments.

Keep the game in the game, unless it's intertwined with our IRL activities, like scavenger hunt.

Devs shouldn't lie to players. Period. You can be elusive, intentionally vague, etc. But that's about it.

However, characters can lie, and you can't rely on their info, it's a very good idea. I like the style the game has so far, where choices lead in not so standard directions. It's fresh, creative, funny and marvelous, I like that. Please keep it like that, but not ruin it with excessive postmodernism. Sometimes ideas that sound cool appear not so cool next morning, maybe that's the case.

Thank you very much for the great graphics, the redhead beauty, colorful characters and very good story so far. Please keep it up, and I hope this game eventually would become one of the best VN's out there.

I wish you be well in health, and let your computer be cool and nice to you.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Dear CarbonBlue,
please ditch that horrible, unforgivable idea. It might sound cool, or look cool in some post-modernist text, but it destroys the game. Games normally must be self-contained, with no need to go to forums or elsewhere.
I think you haven't understood the part "I will lie you". :)
Everything in this thread can be a joke; except for the proper length of the pubic hair of a werewolf girl and for the release date of the Cyberpunk 2077; those are serious things.

Last edited:

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
Games normally must be self-contained, with no need to go to forums or elsewhere.
The game is self contained. Anything outside the game is a meta game for CB's amusement.

If you elect to engage in the forums, or unren the code looking for secrets, then Carbon enjoys messing with you and he has plainly stated his intention to do so. That's not what I'd call an unforgivable sin.

But if you just want to play the game, then you won't miss anything necessary to the enjoyment of the game by ignoring the internal code, the forums, etc.

Don't like it? Don't engage outside the game. CB has given fair warning, that's all.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The game is self contained. Anything outside the game is a meta game for CB's amusement.

If you elect to engage in the forums, or unren the code looking for secrets, then Carbon enjoys messing with you and he has plainly stated his intention to do so. That's not what I'd call an unforgivable sin.

But if you just want to play the game, then you won't miss anything necessary to the enjoyment of the game by ignoring the internal code, the forums, etc.

Don't like it? Don't engage outside the game. CB has given fair warning, that's all.
Thank you for clarification.

I didn't figure it out on my own, probably because I didn't read all the forum's contents (or the game's code).

Also, I respect people (and expect the same from them), so I didn't suppose I should disregard, without a good reason, what they say as "Just a joke" or a lie.

Therefore, your clarification was necessary. *hat off*

Enjoy your meta-games guys. I'm going back to the silent Void.

Reactions: gcjellyfish
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes