4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
And maybe you are wrong. You simply don't know if he is working on this game or not, you don't know if he don't post on Discord anything because he is too busy or not, you don't know if he has done those renders to confirm he is still working on this game or not. You don't know nothing, but nevertheless you are judging him.
I know (something), because I'm helping a developer of this forum and I'm learning to use Daz 3D, so I know how much time a person can spent to define the various part of the games, the various events, the various quests, the various subplots, to decide what ideas work and what don't. You could spent an hour to render an image (not to create and then render, only to render), an hour in which you can't do almost nothing with your computer, but you don't know anything of that, like you don't know and don't care if he has to work ten hours at day, five days at week, if he has some friends to have fun, a family to take care…

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
And maybe you are wrong. You simply don't know if he is working on this game or not, you don't know if he don't post on Discord anything because he is too busy or not, you don't know if he has done those renders to confirm he is still working on this game or not. You don't know nothing, but nevertheless you are judging him.
I know (something), because I'm helping a developer of this forum and I'm learning to use Daz 3D, so I know how much time a person can spent to define the various part of the games, the various events, the various quests, the various subplots, to decide what ideas work and what don't. You could spent an hour to render an image (not to create and then render, only to render), an hour in which you can't do almost nothing with your computer, but you don't know anything of that, like you don't know and don't care if he has to work ten hours at day, five days at week, if he has some friends to have fun, a family to take care…
To be honest? He wasn't judging the dev's life at all. He was judging the lack of content update for the game! That's all folks here care about. So... as I see it? You're just full of your own "I wannabee game dev" shit. All you're doing is being emphatic to yourself and projecting it on a random game dev.
Not a single person on this board gives a shit about you learning Daz 3D and the time you think sane people would need for anything they do. All folks here care about is game quality and "regular" updates. The update frequency depends on the dev and the amount he/she puts out every update. But this dev going 7 months without an update? You can factually say dev has neglected the game. And the fact dev is posting renders on Patreon? It means nothing in regard to game progression. It's a great way to keep Patrons aboard though... Every member on this board can sum up several devs who milked an abandoned game for many months (or even 1+ year), posting renders on Patreon and do nothing more. I'll start by naming the first who comes up in my mind: "Gumdrop". And in essence the fucker is still doing it. He just became a little smarter. So called "updates" with a few renders ... without actual game content. :cautious:

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
That warrants more than half a year to drop an update that has an hour of gameplay? (give or take)
Let me tell you a story. It's a long story, but I think it's an important one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...so if I don't get the updates out quickly, I do apologize. But I've gone through some shit. The game is not dead. It will never die, as long as I live. Updates are coming. This update will probably be much less than an hour of gameplay. But I think it'll be good. I think you guys are going to really like the ending. And I plan on putting you through some "wtf?" moments as well. But it's going to take time and I ask for patience while I get back into rendering shape.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest? He wasn't judging the dev's life at all. He was judging the lack of content update for the game! That's all folks here care about. So... as I see it? You're just full of your own "I wannabee game dev" shit. All you're doing is being emphatic to yourself and projecting it on a random game dev.
Not a single person on this board gives a shit about you learning Daz 3D and the time you think sane people would need for anything they do. All folks here care about is game quality and "regular" updates. The update frequency depends on the dev and the amount he/she puts out every update. But this dev going 7 months without an update? You can factually say dev has neglected the game. And the fact dev is posting renders on Patreon? It means nothing in regard to game progression. It's a great way to keep Patrons aboard though... Every member on this board can sum up several devs who milked an abandoned game for many months (or even 1+ year), posting renders on Patreon and do nothing more. I'll start by naming the first who comes up in my mind: "Gumdrop". And in essence the fucker is still doing it. He just became a little smarter. So called "updates" with a few renders ... without actual game content. :cautious:
Ah Sigmund Freud of Nobody, what do you thing I was talking about?
About people who jugdes the work of other people, without knowing anything about their work; like you are doing.
Do you think I'am a "wannabe developer"?
Wrong! I'm trying to help a friend, but you don't know how I'm helping him. To be a "wannabe developer" I should desire to create my own game and I don't have any game to create!
Am I trying to learn how to use Daz? Do you know why? Only to see if I can.
Do the last update has a lack of contents? Who cares! The lives doesn't turn around a game! A game is something you can play to relax you after a day of work, so why be so stressed and stressful about something that has so little impact in our lives?
You fear to be milked? You are the ones who decide if, how much and when reward the developers; nobody force you.

P.S. Ah, about that little issue called Covid that Carbonblue had, that was another of those things I was suggesting to think about (even if I haven't talked about it), so again I suggest to all of you to apply that old adage: “Before to judge someone, you should walk for a day with his shoes".

P.P.S. This is my last reply: I have said what I had to say and the topic of this discussion is so boring…

Last edited:

Rule97

May 2, 2018
That warrants more than half a year to drop an update that has an hour of gameplay? (give or take)
Exactly, Where It All Began is my prime example of this,okay, dev basically remade the game yet for 1 year wait there's a 40 minutes of gameplay (and i think im being generous with the timeframe.)

Reactions: maxvkwong

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Exactly, Where It All Began is my prime example of this,okay, dev basically remade the game yet for 1 year wait there's a 40 minutes of gameplay (and i think im being generous with the timeframe.)
Oh, right, he should drop his daily job, leave his family and sit down and make a game as fast as you think should be appropriate, even while he's hooked to a ventilator in a hospital.
You're a true genius. Thanks for the facepalm, it's a true honour to get one from someone like you.

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
As Carbon reminded us, he had major problems lately. No wonder this time there was more to wait then usual. Also, yes, it's not mystery that the release schedule of Unleashed is always been defintely on the slow side of the spectrum. Well, live with it. I personally respect Carbon and it's work, and it takes him time, as i often pointed. So, leave or take, that's how this title go. Since i personally don't pay a cent for it i sure won't complain. When there will be more content out i'll enjoy it. Until then i'll enjoy other things. And as always, best wishes to Carbon to be back on track with everything.

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
As Carbon reminded us, he had major problems lately. No wonder this time there was more to wait then usual. Also, yes, it's not mystery that the release schedule of Unleashed is always been defintely on the slow side of the spectrum. Well, live with it. I personally respect Carbon and it's work, and it takes him time, as i often pointed. So, leave or take, that's how this title go. Since i personally don't pay a cent for it i sure won't complain. When there will be more content out i'll enjoy it. Until then i'll enjoy other things. And as always, best wishes to Carbon to be back on track with everything.
I'm not even necessarily calling out Carbon in particular. More so talking generally. A lot of games as of late are taking way too long to put out way too little. Obviously I get it if there's personal stuff to take care of, and of course, I myself, am not a developer, so I don't really know what goes into it. It's just kinda frustrating to see a good game such as this one take so long to progress, because if we're being honest, us as human beings, tend to have no patience.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
Let me tell you a story. It's a long story, but I think it's an important one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...so if I don't get the updates out quickly, I do apologize. But I've gone through some shit. The game is not dead. It will never die, as long as I live. Updates are coming. This update will probably be much less than an hour of gameplay. But I think it'll be good. I think you guys are going to really like the ending. And I plan on putting you through some "wtf?" moments as well. But it's going to take time and I ask for patience while I get back into rendering shape.
I quoted someone else with this, but I'll say it again. Obviously personal matters, such as a terrible state of covid, would come first. It's good to see you are doing better, and pardon me if my previous comment came off as "insensitive" or "entitled." By no means am I sitting here saying we should be getting updates on the 1st of every month. I get that some devs work slower than others, and some devs have full on teams backing them, helping push out quality updates as fast as possible. It is just upsetting to see some devs put out a few updates. Start seeing success with these updates, and then get "lazy" for lack of a better word, once the money starts coming in. Like I said, it's good to see you are doing better, and hopefully you can be feeling 100% sometime here soon.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Let me tell you ... ... back into rendering shape.
I feel bad for you man. But in the end you have paying patrons who paid for what exactly? Updates to the game progression. They got a few renders and no game update. That's the business aspect of getting paid to create something. You didn't deliver what was advertised. That's all there is to it. And as long as you can keep you patrons happy with renders? Go for broke!? But when it comes to gameplay updates? There wasn't any. That fact is there and nothing will change that anymore. For the rest it's up to you to blow life in the game again ... or not. I'll keep an eye on this thread just incase you do.

gl in your future endeavours

Reactions: maxvkwong

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Oh, right, he should drop his daily job, leave his family and sit down and make a game as fast as you think should be appropriate, even while he's hooked to a ventilator in a hospital.
You're a true genius. Thanks for the facepalm, it's a true honour to get one from someone like you.
I wasnt even talking about this dev lol but sure I might have patience issues (guess waiting for 1 year just for 30 so minutes of gameplay, sorry not everyone can be a zen master like you) by your standards but I'm glad I dont have anger issues like you.

Last edited:

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I feel bad for you man. But in the end you have paying patrons who paid for what exactly?
A long time ago, artists used to have patrons who supported them not for specific work, but for general support: to ensure they'd live and create. That's the general idea of Patreon. I consider their support more for me as a person than for specific things.

They, however, may view things differently. And so it is to their great benefit that they are able to decide for themselves why they could support me or not, how much to pay or not, and when to discontinue support or not.

I will say this, the difference in quality of person between here and Patreon is just astronomical. Not that there aren't good people here on F95, but the people on Patreon are, by and large, extremely supportive and understanding. They tell me things like, "take your time, we're here for you" and they don't cry about not understanding why other people support me. That's why I'm here less and less. So that might explain why you don't get it.

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
CB you have put out more in this story/game than many others. Hope everything goes well and you get better soon, when you are able to concentrate on continuing development is your decision since only you know what you are going through. Patiently waiting to see if and when there is more to come.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A long time ago, artists used to have patrons who supported them not for specific work, but for general support: to ensure they'd live and create. That's the general idea of Patreon. I consider their support more for me as a person than for specific things.
And this is exactly why I support you and other developers on Patreon. Unfortunately, it is at a low level, since I am spreading my limited financial resources among several developers.

However, having had experience with supporting a lot of different developers over the years, I have noticed that some of them have suspended charges on Patreon when they were faced with situations that prevented their working on their games. Just sayin'.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Quick question, if you feel like people are being stupid with their money, why do you feel the need to say something?
What other people do with their money is not up to me. I would never call anyone "stupid" for paying for a few renders a month. The excuses (how viable and/or justifiable they may seem/be) can't hide the fact the updates didn't come. That's all there is to it for me. Devs should do whatever they please. I would never ask a dev to add/change things to my liking etc. I simply observe what they do by judging what I get. If I like it? I do support it. If not ... or there's no progress? I won't support or drop my support. Read I didn't tell anyone to do the same? Good.

To get back to your question. If someone calls out the fact he/she didn't get what they had hoped for? It's a bit sickening how fast folks attack a person who brings it up and muddy the waters. Like in this case there's simply a fact that can't be undone. Someone calls it out and he/she suddenly is the bad person for doing so. Simply because some fanboy "I wannabe game dev" can't grasp the difference between an honest factual observation and his own emotional ties to a game/dev/whatever.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
People live in a Fantasy world where some believe that they have somehow curated your work through their donations. As such they expect to interject their will upon (you) the creator. Be it deadlines, content, or the like. They usurp and cajole attempting to manipulate your work out from underneath you using accusatory rhetoric, or Narcissistic nagging. Others whom have no skin in the game still feel that they through a misguided sense of entitlement feel that the world must conform to their construct or that it must be invalidated and destroyed if possible. The world is not fair and it never will be but we have social justice anarchists attempting to impose equity everywhere these days.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes