4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019

Hello, Patrons, and welcome to 2022!
For the first time I'm revealing Shannon as you will see her in 0.5v3! She won't be on your screen for long in the update, but I believe you will all agree that the time she puts in will be of very high quality.
I'll probably change her render in the Tier rewards to this image - it's about time I changed those.
Moving on! I am working hard on the update and last week I told you I should have a somewhat decent idea for a timeframe. I am happy to say I do. I said a long time ago that I wouldn't give out specific goal dates, but since everything has happened I think I can give a pretty good estimate: we're looking at around the end of the month.
Now that doesn't necessarily mean by the end of the month. It just means around that time. It might go into the first week of February.
I am currently reworking some of the animations I had done and right now I'm in the middle of an 18 hour animation render. I also got some new music from my talented music maestro and look forward to presenting you guys with a different, unique, and entertaining experience in this update.
As always, thank you for your support. I'm looking forward to getting this update into your hands!

-CarbonBlue

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And here's another render from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Occasional Alternative Maeve

This was a quick test of a different hair and outfit, all of which are Genesis 8, while Maeve is a Genesis 3 character. I couldn't get everything to fit right - the original top wouldn't quite fit without too much work, but I love that skirt. The hair I like, too, but I'm not sure if you'll ever see that on Maeve.

I don't know, though. It seems like the girls are often wet. I think I've decided that in the world of Unleashed there are no umbrellas.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019

I call this, "The Birth of Shannon". She doesn't know that she's a replicant, so don't tell her.
Note: she may or may not be a replicant and Unleashed may or may not be a Blade Runner ripoff.

Gave me grin at least. :D

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I did. But since i'm a SciFi classics nerd i must protest. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeps replicants are fully biological. No electonics or mechanics in them. That's why the emphaty tests are the only struggling mean to tell them apart.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
1642238891075.png

Hello, Patrons!
These renders are a nice break from the grind of rendering for an update. I like to experiment, as you guys can guess. This render is a "what if I were to make Maeve today?" I'd probably go with straight hair instead of curly, but I really like that hair asset so I wanted to give it a try.
This week I worked almost exclusively on animations. I'm redoing the animations that I had from before and I'm nearly complete. My 3090 likely rendered for a good 80 hours or so, which is kind of nice since it's been pretty cold and it has kept my room warm!
I know that some of you might be concerned when you hear animations. A lot of VN's nowadays do animations just for the sake of having animations. They can go overboard and they can especially increase the file size of a VN dramatically. IMO, a VN shouldn't take up as much space as a AAA game. I assure you, my philosophy with design hasn't changed: animation serves to give a little life to the VN and I will keep the file size of Unleashed down so that it won't take half a day to download.
But as you guys saw with the "lightning flashing" scene, I do like a little cinematic experience every once in a while, and I hope you'll enjoy it when you see the new update!
I plan on finishing the animations this weekend and this coming week I'll be pumping out renders at a pace previously unknown to humanity. We're firing on all cylinders now, baby! It's good to be back and it's good to be alive.
As always, thank you for your support!

-CarbonBlue

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know that some of you might be concerned when you hear animations. A lot of VN's nowadays do animations just for the sake of having animations. They can go overboard and they can especially increase the file size of a VN dramatically.
To be fair, the most concern some people have with animations is the amount of time they take to do well.

Well made animations can take several days to do.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

I call this, "The Birth of Shannon". She doesn't know that she's a replicant, so don't tell her.
Note: she may or may not be a replicant and Unleashed may or may not be a Blade Runner ripoff.

WTF
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: --- :mad::mad::mad:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello, Patrons!
Because many of the renders are now during the later part of the coming update, I am able to show them without revealing too much. Still, this render does reveal a good bit of information: it shows Shannon in her streaming setup, which is downstairs in the Kelly household. In this render she is receiving a call that will set some fun things in motion.
This week I was able to get quite a bit accomplished. The animations are pretty much complete, though when I tie everything together I may add a couple short ones. I finished the big big animation of the update, and it took around 46 hours to render.
Now it's mainly an issue of blasting through the story renders, and then putting everything together.
Also, I want to remind you guys that I'm still planning to change up my Patreon tiers somewhat, so that the introduction tier is at $2 instead of $1. For those of you who are new, this is because at $1 most everything is taken by Patreon for fees and taxes and whatever. It's important to note that this will only affect new subscribers. If you want to pay me $1/month for the rest of your life, you will still be able to do so ;).
I'll let you guys know much more as it gets closer to that moment. Until then, thank you all for your support and have a wonderful week!

-CarbonBlue

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Damn you have that thing cooking. I can do 3 min renders, but settled at 5 for most of it them when they are denoised there is still good (so,so) quality..... :)
These were animation renders, so I did them in 1080p. I don't denoise at 1080p because that can wash out the details, so I set the iterations for longer. Renders were taking about 6ish minutes, and there were around 460 of them, so that's around 46-47 hours for that particular animation.

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
The Characters are interesting, the renders are nice and the animations are decent. Heal up CB, eat some cocoa puffs and continue on the project when you can.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes