4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
I don't want to be disrespectful towards you but.. disapointed .. there are no sex scenes except for one with that purple hair girl if i remember right. ..
you don't. [and that is the incomparable Angel, btw]
the girl on the train.
felatio from Olivia.

its that MC hasn't scored anything but a couple hugs from Maeve, yes i know, me too.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
you don't. [and that is the incomparable Angel, btw]
the girl on the train.
felatio from Olivia.

its that MC hasn't scored anything but a couple hugs from Maeve, yes i know, me too.
Oh yeah there's bj from Olivia in the car. Forgot about that one comlpetely due to not playing this game and deleting all my saves for being disapointed of how short last update was. And your last sentence is on spot and that's why i adressed it with dev. Not that he cares but to give him some sight on why people are pised. Couple of hugs, like you said, some pranks with that little girl and that's it. No real story progression, no relationship development. Honestly i don't expect anything from this game. Dev himself made sure of that.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I draw everyone's attention once again to these Developer Notes in the OP:

People are conditioned to play VN's the same way, because nearly all VN's play the same. Unleashed is different. There is something else going on here, and, if you are interested, it is up to you to figure out. You should know some basic truths first:
-The game is not contained to the game. The code is part of the game.
This forum is part of the game. In each area there is misleading information.
-The girls in this game will lie to you.
-I will lie to you.
-There may be some confusing aspects about the game. Everything will eventually make sense.
-This is not going to be the best fapping game for a while. If you're looking for a quickie, you might want to look elsewhere for a while.
-Ignore the spanking and sexual harassment tags. Those were put there by a mod for BS reasons.

If this F95 thread is truly part of the game, we who post here are NPCs [obviously not LIs, though]. I suspect this also applies to his Patreon page. Keep that in mind as we interact with the developer.

When we accuse the developer of lying, please note that he promised that he would do so.

The real question for me is whether we have already 'made sense' of what is happening or not. Is what is 'going on here' an attempt by the developer to see just how far he can string us along, or is there an actual AVN somewhere in the works that might actually be delivered to us some day?

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The real question for me is whether we have already 'made sense' of what is happening or not. Is what is 'going on here' an attempt by the developer to see just how far he can string us along, or is there an actual AVN somewhere in the works that might actually be delivered to us some day?
When ever update is released here it's really up to the player to download it or not since it's free. This is after all pirate site. However what game devs usualy forget is that most of the patreons can be found on this very site. So it's sort of a win - win situation for all, players who can't because of financial reasons support dev, players who discover a game and dev and decide to support the dev and devs whose games are promoted and ranked by site users. When devs do good most of players don't mind of writing a good review and expiriance they had with game. When devs do bad players warns others on what's going on. I mean over 5 mils that's a huge nuber. At least half of them are potential patreons.

Now about this game itself. It did started good and solid. Story, character models, even that one sex scene was a glimpse in the future on what players may expect. However later on development slowed, become to small like 5 - 10 min long of playtime, no real progression regarding the story or choices players made regarding LIs. Simply it felt like stalling regarding LIs. The first 2,3 updates where great to establish relations betwin MC and other characters but also for players to familiarize with story and characters. Later updates to some extend were more copy paste job. Last draw for the players here was when last update was released year ago and it was really small update. For example dev of BADIK takes his time, 5, 6 months or more, but when guy delievers you can expect hours of gameplay. If you compare it with this game, before the last update which also took almost a year, it was pathetic. And that's where players were disapointed. Like did we all wait here for an update to be 5 - 10 min long that took almost year to be developed. Did we in any case made mistake for having higher expectations for biger update?, at least 30 min? I think not. When you're a dev of this kind of games and take a break or what ever for a year players do build this high anticipation, hype, and that next update will be longer. In this particular case even dev himself participated on building a hype and many of us took the bait since the dev and this game had solid ground.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
You know something went wrong in your game's development when even Walter Victor is questioning just what is going on. I don't think I've ever seen him speak negatively about a game or dev before (not a criticism, btw).

And the best the dev can come up with is a fucking "your mom" joke.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
However what game devs usualy forget is that most of the patreons can be found on this very site.
Not quite true. At least for my experience - obviously it got its start on F95 as this is where I got my start figuring out how to make a VN. But it didn't take long for other sources to take over on Patreon. I know other devs have the same experience, where F95 quickly becomes a minority of patrons. That's not to say F95 isn't significant, but that people might be surprised by the significance of other sites and sources.

That said, I plan to get things back on track here - I don't mean with just this update. The honest truth here is this update is going to disappoint anyone here who has been complaining. It'll have taken more than a year to come out and there is not a year's worth of work into it, because I've simply not had the time.

My hope is that people can take a look at the update and simply judge whether their time with it is fun or not. Did it make them laugh. Did it confuse them in an entertaining way. Did it make them really, really want to jump in the girls' pants. If it did that, I'm happy.

Then if I put the next update out in a timely manner and make that update similarly fun, at that point I hope people might consider supporting me again (or anew).

So, until that point, I guess you guys can keep bitching if you want. You should probably know that it won't affect me, but I guess it could be cathartic? I dunno. Honestly I think the level of hatred from some of you is pretty damn funny. But then as you should know, I have a dark sense of humor. :)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You know something went wrong in your game's development when even Walter Victor is questioning just what is going on. I don't think I've ever seen him speak negatively about a game or dev before (not a criticism, btw).
I have (and will) criticize developers. But, if I don't like what is going on, I just leave without comment, or one criticism and I'm gone. I don't expect developers to cater to me, and despise those that base their games on 'what the fans want'.

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
Then if I put the next update out in a timely manner and make that update similarly fun, at that point I hope people might consider supporting me again (or anew).
Actually, maybe. People get mad and forget really fast, its a fap forum ffs. If you put the update out, ignore the expected negative backlash, and actually have updates that come when promised; people will forget and be fine with it. It won't be like at the beginning, and your bar for errors will be smaller, as it should be.

But you're not increasing your chances of this by lashing out at the people complaining for completely justifiable reasons. You didn't communicate. You made empty promises. And when people asked or accuse you, you turn around and insult them.

So, until that point, I guess you guys can keep bitching if you want. You should probably know that it won't affect me
This? This pathetic attempt at "it doesn't affect me guys, it doesn't hurt me waaaaaaaa". It's fucking stupid and makes it all worse. My dude you made a fucking meme of yourself crying because a dog asks when the update is coming out:

I see it 2 ways:

1. Shut the fuck up and put the update out. Plan your shit out so that you don't have to make empty promises. Slowly release updates. If there is a fucking emergency, pause your patreon monthly billing. That will prove to people you actually care and aren't milking them. If you deliver, people will eventually like your game and support you.
2. Continue to shit talk. Continue to pretend everyone is in the wrong but you and people who financially support you. Release an update. Continue to shit talk the negative reception. Pretend like you can eventually bring back people to care for your game with updates. Make empty promises. Etc.

Your choice.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
I have (and will) criticize developers. But, if I don't like what is going on, I just leave without comment, or one criticism and I'm gone. I don't expect developers to cater to me, and despise those that base their games on 'what the fans want'.
This sounds a smidge hypocritical, even if you don't expect that to be catered to then why criticize?

Aren't you a little to idealistic here? Lots of the games/VN's here are side/passion projects and most of them also have limited time and funds to work on it. (also other factors like life stuff getting in the way and what not)
Some of them aren't even Devs by trade and sorta make up stuff allong the way. ( I know this isn't always smart)

Community that is impatient for news and or updates, which could for the creators is also a very trying endeavor.

Not saying it is bad to give feedback on stuff, but expecting a professional approach on a site like this is kinda........ ( there should be a good analogy here but currently blanking)

But as I said a couple of lines above in this post. Most of the games here are passion projects, and or at best a side hustle.
So allot of things don't get done or taking their sweet time. And sure some coast and other do not.

And to appease the masses that are invested in your project you give out updates which may or may not be always on point or semi spur of the moments idea's and goals which TBH you shouldn't always take to literally.

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
So I have this right the dev is upset because players are mad because no update over a year guess it didn't help if the last one was 10 mins long 15 if your a slow reader LMAO this has to be the dumbest dev at least the thread has it entertainment

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
This? This pathetic attempt at "it doesn't affect me guys, it doesn't hurt me waaaaaaaa". It's fucking stupid and makes it all worse. My dude you made a fucking meme of yourself crying because a dog asks when the update is coming out
See this is what I'm talking about. Does it not occur at all to you that I didn't make that meme? Because I didn't. I saw it on Reddit and I copied and pasted it in my discord. Because it's funny.

As for the "it doesn't hurt me waaa" I only say that because you and a few others seem awfully insistent on bitching over and over... it's like you think doing so matters. Like, my update has taken way too long. I get that. I've known that for a long ass time. Repeating yourself, getting all outraged over me sharing memes and making up this story that "holy shit he made a meme!" is kinda psychotic behavior.

I see it 2 ways:
1. Shut the fuck up while I work and do my thing. Doing so won't affect development in the least.
2. Continue to go psycho. Doing so won't affect development in the least.

Your choice.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This sounds a smidge hypocritical, even if you don't expect that to be catered to then why criticize?

Aren't you a little to idealistic here? Lots of the games/VN's here are side/passion projects and most of them also have limited time and funds to work on it. (also other factors like life stuff getting in the way and what not)
Some of them aren't even Devs by trade and sorta make up stuff allong the way. ( I know this isn't always smart)

Community that is impatient for news and or updates, which could for the creators is also a very trying endeavor.

Not saying it is bad to give feedback on stuff, but expecting a professional approach on a site like this is kinda........ ( there should be a good analogy here but currently blanking)

But as I said a couple of lines above in this post. Most of the games here are passion projects, and or at best a side hustle.
So allot of things don't get done or taking their sweet time. And sure some coast and other do not.

And to appease the masses that are invested in your project you give out updates which may or may not be always on point or semi spur of the moments idea's and goals which TBH you shouldn't always take to literally.
I've played a ton of games from here, and financially support several; I've seen delays for a lot or reasons, some good, some not so much; I've seen developers abandon games; I've seen them milk their Patrons; I've seen them just vanish, even die. So I doubt that there is much, good or bad, from a developer that I haven't seen. What I EXPECT from the developers I support (in addition to a good product) is both commitment to their project and honesty. When I find a developer who does all those things, I defend him/her at every turn. This developer has delivered a good product, but I have seen neither commitment nor honesty from this one.

So, to address one of your specific points, I DO expect those developers THAT I SUPPORT, to behave professionally. I suspect that most developers (or those players who read their threads) don't give a damn what I expect, though.

It has reached a decision point for me, and I have made it. You won't be seeing any more developer updates from me, because I will be withdrawing my Patronage. I have hung on way too long, probably because I hate admitting I was wrong. But I do when I have to, and now I have to admit I was wrong.

As of now, I plan to stay on this thread. I may revisit that in the future too.

Someday, this game may continue and be great. But this developer will never get another nickel from me.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Not quite true. At least for my experience - obviously it got its start on F95 as this is where I got my start figuring out how to make a VN. But it didn't take long for other sources to take over on Patreon. I know other devs have the same experience, where F95 quickly becomes a minority of patrons. That's not to say F95 isn't significant, but that people might be surprised by the significance of other sites and sources.

That said, I plan to get things back on track here - I don't mean with just this update. The honest truth here is this update is going to disappoint anyone here who has been complaining. It'll have taken more than a year to come out and there is not a year's worth of work into it, because I've simply not had the time.

My hope is that people can take a look at the update and simply judge whether their time with it is fun or not. Did it make them laugh. Did it confuse them in an entertaining way. Did it make them really, really want to jump in the girls' pants. If it did that, I'm happy.

So, until that point, I guess you guys can keep bitching if you want. You should probably know that it won't affect me, but I guess it could be cathartic? I dunno. Honestly I think the level of hatred from some of you is pretty damn funny. But then as you should know, I have a dark sense of humor. :)
5 mil users and you call that minoroty. What ever. Again i don't care about this game, i'm over it. I should thank you for your years of pause in your last update and even this update takes over year and here you are admiting that next update will be small. And you can hardly call it bitching cause i'm perhaps the only player on this site that would shut this thread down and let others move on. And if we have to compare, you devs should always be compared, dev of BADIK takes months, one time i think it was a year, to develop update. In return players get over an hour of playtime. At the same time when you took your almost a year pause we got 5,maybe 10 min worth of play. It was thanks to your last update that i decided to simply move on and find something better to do. I do wish you all the best however i don't have any high expactations.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
5 mil users and you call that minoroty.
A minority of patrons, yes. The issue is how many of the people become patrons. After several months of development (and timely updates) in the early part of this game, I had mostly F95zone people as patrons. Within a couple days of the game being put up on some website I had never heard of (I didn't post it), my Patreon doubled. Again, that's not to diminish F95; it's just in my experience and through the analytics I have installed on my Patreon, it appears to me that other sites have a bigger impact on actual conversion to paying Patron.
Will you reading all these posts and composing responses affect development?
Nah. Rendering and dforce simulations take a lot of time.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes