souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Having been through the Steam process, Valve makes it very clear what their policy is. You can have 100% explicit games (like Unyielding is), but they must be labeled as such. Their is a section in the rating guide that directly calls out three things:

Uncensor patches from the developers earns you a life time ban.
Well, guess looking from the outside and just knowing the censuring of game on steam that have un-censure (at least to japanese levels of censuring) I guess my assumptions were wrong.

Which does lead me to wonder about some of the dlsite games that are censured on steam but offer a free patch on dlsite. Though maybe that's been a more recent change on Valve's side because of earlier game releases. Specifically I recall some of the Honeypop games and several of the shitty MTL rpgmaker games that got on steam having patches / uncensure options. These ones were released years ago on steam, and I may just be misremembering though.

Eh, doesn't matter much to me anyway, though interesting to know some of the inside of it.

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Specifically I recall some of the Honeypop games and several of the shitty MTL rpgmaker games that got on steam having patches / uncensure options. These ones were released years ago on steam, and I may just be misremembering though.
To my knowledge, HuniePop is specifically why that rule was made. HuniePop was released when explicit content wasn't allowed on Steam and it caused a bunch of drama.

It's important to note that Valve doesn't have a team of crack programmers pouring through people's submitted games looking for content to ban people over. Your rating documentation is 100% filled out by you Their thread of banning you is a threat and is giving you notice of what happens if they catch you. They don't go looking through. So things like dlsite uncensor patches will go unnoticed by Valve.

Voiddweller

Dec 10, 2017
Or a vampire, who suddenly become shota/loli after some hidden unlock XD This is actually might be a good character story) Like a looks of a kid, mixed with cold, calculating mind of a thousand years old undead creature. A super villain maybe?)

Last edited:

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
0.2.24!

Spiced up the landing page
Added Birthday (castle 2, the blackfire version)
Added Kate fight 6
Fixed some loading hitches
Added a bunch missing art to the skinny Catelly base
3 new backgrounds

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ranma

zhicai

Donor
Aug 19, 2020
I can't seem to toggle off "Use This Base" in the Appearance section. Earlier in the thread you mentioned that you can toggle it off to change outfits based on scene, but I seem to be completely incapable of doing so. After clicking it off, it appears toggled on when I return to the Appearance screen. It happens to every outfit I select and remains on whatever was the most recently-toggled outfit. I'm just starting Book 4, but I decided to restart and skip through to the point I'm at because it's driving me nuts.

Reactions: youngethan
Dec 6, 2020
Just found this the other day and it's really awesome. I've really enjoyed the character development and how you've balanced the curse with Catelly's sense of self.

I was wondering if the Carnival is going to be a full blown ending possibility or if that was only going to be one of the mid-game 'good/bad' ends?

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
I can't seem to toggle off "Use This Base" in the Appearance section. Earlier in the thread you mentioned that you can toggle it off to change outfits based on scene, but I seem to be completely incapable of doing so. After clicking it off, it appears toggled on when I return to the Appearance screen. It happens to every outfit I select and remains on whatever was the most recently-toggled outfit. I'm just starting Book 4, but I decided to restart and skip through to the point I'm at because it's driving me nuts.
Huh. I'll look into this again and see if I can reproduce it. I assume you tried saving and quitting, right?

I was wondering if the Carnival is going to be a full blown ending possibility or if that was only going to be one of the mid-game 'good/bad' ends?
Carnival is in a weird spot. I did the first story. My ghost writer did the next two. I don't know what her longer term goal for that line is. I personally imagine it's a local "The Happy End" line.

Dec 6, 2020
Carnival is in a weird spot. I did the first story. My ghost writer did the next two. I don't know what her longer term goal for that line is. I personally imagine it's a local "The Happy End" line.
Gotcha! The game has been fantastic so far, so I'm sure whatever ends up happening it'll be great.

zhicai

Donor
Aug 19, 2020
Huh. I'll look into this again and see if I can reproduce it. I assume you tried saving and quitting, right?
Yes, and it did not help. I was able to reproduce it in my restart and another new game for my fourth ((y)) playthrough. It seems that whenever I set a base body, I cannot toggle the use of a base body off. It's not just Catelly either, as the others have the same issue.

By they way, just thought I'd mentioned that I just absolutely adore your game! I'm usually very picky when it comes to scene or art quantity, in that I'd normally complain (at least to myself) about the relatively low amount of art for things like character facial expressions during dialogue or more pictures for scenes that are text-only at this time. Your art (Edit: 5-ish, I suppose) in particular is marvelous and I shamelessly want much more of it.

That said, the story, world building, and character development are just so phenomenal that the art became almost unimportant to me, despite the fact that I gush over details like outfits changing with scenes and the outfits are supported by the various transformations. It is quite possibly my favorite story-driven game on F95, or at least one of them.

If you ever create a SubscribeStar page, I'll support you in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Yes, and it did not help. I was able to reproduce it in my restart and another new game for my fourth ((y)) playthrough. It seems that whenever I set a base body, I cannot toggle the use of a base body off. It's not just Catelly either, as the others have the same issue.
I tracked that down last night. You could change bases, but once it was set, you had to always have one. It's been corrected.

I shamelessly want much more of it.
Me too! Art moves at the speed of 5-ish, which is sometimes is very fast, other times it's 3 months before I get a piece. I've started working with a different artist that does the Kate fights art to try to bridge the gap and give a reliable update every 2 weeks.

If you ever create a SubscribeStar page, I'll support you in a heartbeat.
I appreciate the thought :)

Reactions: zhicai

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Just wondering. except MtF and the one or other (slightly) Body modification (Good god, no matter how wrote, the word still looks wrong), would there be a chance in the far Future to end up as Shemale/Futa or would that to be much work/ or just not workout storywise?

Last edited:

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
0.2.25!

Happy 3rd anniversary to Unyielding! Can you believe it's been 3 years?! Where does the time go. Thanks for having me, you lovely bunch of pirates!

Added The Truth (Complete either castle 2. 3 new portraits + a cg with two versions)
Updated Pellata's portrait
Added Kate Fight 7
Added many new combat abilities.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Is there an option to not have the TF backstory? If I can play the game without constantly referencing a transformation I'd like to, but if there is constant narration bringing it up it'll kill any joy for me. Like if during the scene she keeps thinking about it that's a deal-breaker for me, but all the other content seems good.

Even if it's not optional if I can just click through the intro and then forget about it, that's fine, but if it's constantly referenced I'd like to know so I don't bother downloading. Thanks!

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is there an option to not have the TF backstory? If I can play the game without constantly referencing a transformation I'd like to, but if there is constant narration bringing it up it'll kill any joy for me. Like if during the scene she keeps thinking about it that's a deal-breaker for me, but all the other content seems good.

Even if it's not optional if I can just click through the intro and then forget about it, that's fine, but if it's constantly referenced I'd like to know so I don't bother downloading. Thanks!
Well, this probably isn't the game for you then since the TF backstory is required, and a big focus for the main character. It's not the only thing in the game, and you can actually avoid a lot of the main character's sex scenes which would avoid that issue. But if any mention of the TF is a hard no for you, you should pass on the game.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Well, this probably isn't the game for you then since the TF backstory is required, and a big focus for the main character. It's not the only thing in the game, and you can actually avoid a lot of the main character's sex scenes which would avoid that issue. But if any mention of the TF is a hard no for you, you should pass on the game.
Damn. Thanks for letting me know. So many of my kinks only seem to come up in TS games. Some of them have TS stuff be optional, like GL, but they're not always clear about it in the description. I was hoping this one would at least have it be a small enough part that I could ignore it, because the art looks good, but it sounds like it comes up in the majority of scenes.

Reactions: MercernayMage

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Is there a guide on how to unlock all the gallery scene or walkthrough? cause I'm really confused on how to get certain gallery?
I'm not doing a full walkthrough, but if you have specific images you are looking for, I'm happy to help.

4.20 star(s) 32 Votes