4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Anyone who could continue this Game?
besides the intellectual property theft issue, no one but DRG has the assets used to build the game. I suppose that DRG could authorize such a continuation and provide the assets, but if he could do that, he'd also be able to tell us that he was still alive. I'd settle for just that last bit.

Reactions: FookU2

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
besides the intellectual property theft issue, no one but DRG has the assets used to build the game. I suppose that DRG could authorize such a continuation and provide the assets, but if he could do that, he'd also be able to tell us that he was still alive. I'd settle for just that last bit.
True. But a spin off would not violate any intellectual properties. The assets is the main issue there. And pls don't tell me that the story is the main part. The story so far is not that complicated. Fight monsters, evil guy sends hordes to kill everyone in a village, go fight and fail, friend gets "killed", start anew... and we reached the first bad guy from the new journey.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
True. But a spin off would not violate any intellectual properties. The assets is the main issue there. And pls don't tell me that the story is the main part. The story so far is not that complicated. Fight monsters, evil guy sends hordes to kill everyone in a village, go fight and fail, friend gets "killed", start anew... and we reached the first bad guy from the new journey.
Sure, someone could do a "spin off," but why would they want to? If a person has the skills to duplicate RDG's visual style, they have the skill to make a game that is based entirely on their own interests and story.

In any case, I'd argue that the appeal of this game was more in the storytelling style of RDG than in the specific story or visual assets. No spin off could duplicate that.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I woud opt for some kind of a remake. New MC, maybe a guest appearance of the original MC, copy most of the great stuff from the game and at new stuff, just stealing ideas. The job / school / exhibitiionist paths plus the additional external adventures should stay. The main story could be completely different.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
All you'd have to do is change the names of the characters (or even allow the player to create their own name, which would relieve the dev from any copyright infringement). But, I don't see copyright issues coming up, even if someone wanted to remake the game in it's entirety, simply because if the dev is dead, they won't be able to say anything, and if they are alive, they most certainly aren't even paying attention to this, so most likely wouldn't even notice, nor would they likely care. If they DID care about it, they'd probably be posting on their patreon, or in here, or at the very least, letting people know what's going on.
As far as having the ability to recreate the game, it isn't that difficult to find the same images/renders from whatever assets the dev used. I see hundreds of games on here that all use the same character images. They wouldn't have the specific files that Astrid's dev used, of course, but why not just start fresh and render your own?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Indeed, why not just start fresh and make the game you wanted to make, rather than trying to make the game someone else wanted to make? If there are elements of VWA that appeal to you, use them; they aren't unique to this game. What was unique to the game was RDG's style, and that won't be duplicated by another designer. There's no point in trying to remake or continue this particular game.

Reactions: PinkBishop

Wet & Wild Production

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2019
Sure, someone could do a "spin off," but why would they want to? If a person has the skills to duplicate RDG's visual style, they have the skill to make a game that is based entirely on their own interests and story.

In any case, I'd argue that the appeal of this game was more in the storytelling style of RDG than in the specific story or visual assets. No spin off could duplicate that.
I completely agree with you here! I think the game that DRG has made, was great and special in its own way. And it's very hard to imagine someone (even with all the used assests) could jump in here and continue the game, just like that. Because nobody knows what DRG had planned for the future of the game and its story. Overall, I think what makes a game so special, is not just the game itself, but the person behind it. And because every human being is unique and has his own ideas, it's impossible to copy that...which, in the end, is a good thing. It provides more variety, after all.

But yeah, everyone can make his own game... That's what I did when most of my favorite games (VWA included) got abandoned.

And one of the most affecting compliments I got since then, is people coming from the abandoned VWA and messaging me that the void VWA has left, has finally been fillled by "Alenja's Adventures". Which is quite a honor so to speak.

Btw: If you like story-driven fantasy games, with beautiful female warriors, a nice junk of humor, lots of exhibition, sex scenes and monsters etc. You are welcome to try it yourself. Click on my signature, if you want! Have fun:sneaky:

Reactions: Tauk and EricSunny

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Indeed, why not just start fresh and make the game you wanted to make, rather than trying to make the game someone else wanted to make? If there are elements of VWA that appeal to you, use them; they aren't unique to this game. What was unique to the game was RDG's style, and that won't be duplicated by another designer. There's no point in trying to remake or continue this particular game.
What attracted me to the game was Astrid's look and the storyline and game play. Style? Meh. It's very similar to several other games out there. Astrid looked different, and the storyline was slightly different, but basic idea was the same...as in...go get in battles..there's a bad guy tryin to fuck your shit up and take over the world...there are a ton of horny, perverts everywhere tryin to get into Astrid's holes...fun weapons and outfits and a Zelda-like map to walk around. Al the houses look the same. The little characters on the map look the same. Main difference was Astrid's look. Which can be recreated. Honestly, if a game were to pop up that had a similar looking protagonist, and it was "create your own name", I'd play it and name her Astrid. lol

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
a save please have all the sex scenes.
the next upgrade would be great for me.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes