4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Big Mountain

Nov 4, 2017
you dont actually have to have under 200gold to clean the washroom, you can just choose the option that says "not pay" or whatever it is regardless of how much gold you have.
yes that is also possible but you have to decrease shame first ( i dont know how low) so you can do that

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
for those of you who are too lazy to click on the link

Just a quick update
Aug 7 at 5:46am
Hey guys, just a quick update here. I had a bit of a family emergency, and ended up being out of town for about a week. Just got back home. I need around 2 weeks to get the beta ready. I'm going to be doing some major crunch time so posts will be a bit light till I can get it done. As far as content goes 0.5 will have about 10 new animations, a new area, a few side events, and some mild mechanics changes with the submission/dominant stats. Anyway... as always, thanks so much for the support! I'll be working on getting this done asap :)
I've come to realize that game creators are some of the most unlucky individuals in the world when it comes to family issues. For some reason nearly every game creator ends up having these issues.

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
I've come to realize that game creators are some of the most unlucky individuals in the world when it comes to family issues. For some reason nearly every game creator ends up having these issues.
So, what´s your point? In two weeks comes the update thats a point.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
It's true that most amateur game devs seem to have these issues, I see it as many people have these issues, it's just that the amateur game devs are more likely to have their family issue posts noticed by a community like this one. Now if it's a consistent thing where they have a family issue, hard drive failure, exc when they say they'll have an update (patreon or not) then I start to call bullshit.

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
Someone like a pro made a wrong update and spoil his hole game " as au pair innocence". Someone have real problems in her life " Because Life isn´t smooth pancake it´s failure on the end" . Someone have a problem with his dick, but I don´t have a problem to wait two weeks, and not searching for one issue.

Vortex5000

Apr 25, 2018
For some bizarre reason this game seems to crash constantly for me, my hardware is able to play AAA titles on max settings no issue, but apparently a small RPG maker game is too much to handle.

lolguest

May 4, 2017
So are every worker in the world. They get sick, family problems, get divorced, etc... You are just noticing more game creators because you are concerned about their due dates.
Dynamite only receives money when he launches a major update, so he is probably more interested to see the 0.5 release than us, which means every pause in his project was really necessary.

Reactions: Fakecrash

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
Someone like a pro made a wrong update and spoil his hole game " as au pair innocence". Someone have real problems in her life " Because Life isn´t smooth pancake it´s failure on the end" . Someone have a problem with his dick, but I don´t have a problem to wait two weeks, and not searching for one issue.
you dont english too often do you?

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Developers have real life problems just like the rest of us and that comes 1st...not all devs lie to buy time and milk the support.
Another thing to point out is the extra rendering he has to do with each set of clothing...I know nothing about rendering but with the way his clothing system works, I'm sure that takes alot of time. His game is always worth the wait.
dynamiteredgames is a solo dev is he not? Or am I mistaken?

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
Developers have real life problems just like the rest of us and that comes 1st...not all devs lie to buy time and milk the support.
Another thing to point out is the extra rendering he has to do with each set of clothing...I know nothing about rendering but with the way his clothing system works, I'm sure that takes alot of time. His game is always worth the wait.
dynamiteredgames is a solo dev is he not? Or am I mistaken?
i dont think the original guy who said something about it was being serious or judgemental, at least i took it as humor.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
JUst about all the popular games in the top 15 list on F95 all have jobs, making games is a hobby! And it costs money to keep a system updated with hardware and software, and or pay artists, helping hands (who also have normal jobs).

Not to mention the other comments that they also have lives, family, personal, ect...

I dont get why people insist on saying a dev is milking any project, the updates have been there. Any when there not is because somethings going on in their lives that need attention.. ANd add to that Patron going on a communist rampage with any and every game maker regardless on content. I've seen games get flagged that had no dontent that was taboo or questionable.

ToG

Jul 27, 2017
As a writer that had a set schedule and deadlines, I know that it can suck to have to say "No update this week" for whatever reason. The guilt can be overwhelming. You end up still trying to crank out a few thousand words that are worth something even after having your wisdom teeth removed, trying not to disappoint everyone before you have to throw in the towel.

Not everyone is like that, sure, I'm just saying. It can be gut wrenching to have to postpone an update for whatever reason.

Big Mountain

Nov 4, 2017
As a writer that had a set schedule and deadlines, I know that it can suck to have to say "No update this week" for whatever reason. The guilt can be overwhelming. You end up still trying to crank out a few thousand words that are worth something even after having your wisdom teeth removed, trying not to disappoint everyone before you have to throw in the towel.

Not everyone is like that, sure, I'm just saying. It can be gut wrenching to have to postpone an update for whatever reason.
just dont make a deadline
the true fans will still read/play/do/enjoy the thing you make as long as the quality remains the same

i rather wait a week or month even in some cases ( not these games ) a year for new high quality stuff rather than enjoy something mediocre

ToG

Jul 27, 2017
the true fans will still read/play/do/enjoy the thing you make as long as the quality remains the same

i rather wait a week or month even in some cases ( not these games ) a year for new high quality stuff rather than enjoy something mediocre
That works for fanfiction, but not so much if you're trying to make a push for doing it professionally. Part of professionalism is creating a schedule and sticking to it. That's how the business side of web serial fiction works -- while your supporters are understanding of the occasional slip, you have to maintain that line of reliability and quality.

There's also other good reasons for deadlines. It creates a routine and a schedule. Just like how an outline is great for some people, knowing "I need to sit down and do this much on this day" helps the creative process by giving it structure. "On Tuesdays I'll go to the coffee shop and write a thousand words" can become your prime writing time, churning out that work in an hour. Missing one makes getting that creative ball rolling again even more difficult.

It's also why you see fanfic authors churn out a dozen updates in a matter of days and then go months without posting anything. They burn themselves out and have to recharge. By having set deadlines on a regular schedule, you don't end up with those bursts.

Reactions: HenWen

James1980

Feb 17, 2018

This statement is so true, especially with AAA games. I would have rather wait another year for Andromeda, than for it to release when it did. Thus killing the Mass Effect series for who knows how long.

These games like you said are very different. This dev only charges based on updates so stuff like this is no big deal. The wait only sucks because you enjoy their content but thanks to his system no one should feel ripped off unlike when others have this happen. The person who started this whole discussion was only making an observation, a funny one at that. Soon as I saw the delay post the same idea popped in my head. Yeah these are real people but damn some of them do seem to have more rl issues in a year than I have had in my whole life. haha Key for example was one thing after another during Officer Chloe's development.

Reactions: nmz333
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes