4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
The ? symbol indicates a question, not an assumption. Just sayin'

As for your opinion of what makes it so a game "take too long to get updated," who gives a rat's ass what you think is "too long?" Seriously, check your privilege. All the adults here are perfectly satisfied with the update frequency, because we know that the quality is worth the wait, and that the developer is honest enough to charge by the update, not the month. Whining that that's "too long to get updated" just separates you from the adults without adding anything to the discussion.
Well, don't get me wrong ! I'm not complaining or whining or anything, I got no problem with it. Saying that a game maybe close to dying is not a whining act. I just said what I think and what I see and for me it is better to expect the worst to avoid disappointment, it's a freedom of expression here

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
The ? symbol indicates a question, not an assumption. Just sayin'

As for your opinion of what makes it so a game "take too long to get updated," who gives a rat's ass what you think is "too long?" Seriously, check your privilege. All the adults here are perfectly satisfied with the update frequency, because we know that the quality is worth the wait, and that the developer is honest enough to charge by the update, not the month. Whining that that's "too long to get updated" just separates you from the adults without adding anything to the discussion.
the issue is that it prevents a lot of people i believe to give money to really support the game. For example hundreds of people will subscribe to a streamer 'cause they know for sure that they can count on him since he takes the job seriously : 6 or 7 days a week 6 to 8 hours a day. I mean he literally works for you so it seems completely legit to pay him monthly if you like his works.

This game is really well made and all but the lack of regular updates make it looks like maybe the dev is not that interested in this. Maybe it's just a hobby that he could stop at any moment letting us with an unfinished job (at the moment there is not much to do in the game for exemple)

People who don't have any financial issue will still support this and that's cool. But people who need to carefully choose where their money goes will most likely avoid supporting something that might not go one for a long time.

As long as you don't support then it's not a problem at all if the dev decides to stop the devlopmt

Even if you only pay once an update is released, you don't want to pay 10 bucks for something that takes you 30min-1hour to finish and knowing that maybe or maybe not there will be more in 1 or 3 months.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
I'm having a problem saving games on Mac as well. I couldn't find a fix in this thread. Download virtual box (because this game looks great and I really want to play it) but hopefully the dev can look into this problem.
I play on a Mac, too, and all works fine. But I downloaded the Windows version, which I modified for Mac using this recipe -- see file attached (found somewhere on F95zone, can't recall who the original poster was, but I can have a look and see if I can find him, should you need to know)

lolguest

May 4, 2017
That's your opinion and I respect, I have some counterarguments that made me reflect about this dev in the past.

the issue is that it prevents a lot of people i believe to give money to really support the game. For example hundreds of people will subscribe to a streamer 'cause they know for sure that they can count on him since he takes the job seriously : 6 or 7 days a week 6 to 8 hours a day. I mean he literally works for you so it seems completely legit to pay him monthly if you like his works.
His last goal on patreon is literally about quitting his job and fully working on games. If he will really do it is another point, but no sense to complain until there.

This game is really well made and all but the lack of regular updates make it looks like maybe the dev is not that interested in this. Maybe it's just a hobby that he could stop at any moment letting us with an unfinished job (at the moment there is not much to do in the game for exemple)
You are completely right at the point the game is his hobby, he confessed once he has a full time work and he is finishing a Computer Science degree besides putting time on Astrid. I do the same and I really admires how could someone find time in this situation, leading me to think the only explanation is really interest in making this game.

People who don't have any financial issue will still support this and that's cool. But people who need to carefully choose where their money goes will most likely avoid supporting something that might not go one for a long time.
I have financial problems, I believe everyone has. You are talking about 0.01% of the world who really has a lot of money, and no they are not much representative helping patreons out there. Supporting Dynamite is better for me because I don't need to keep paying him by month.

As long as you don't support then it's not a problem at all if the dev decides to stop the devlopmt
This is really a generic statement that shows you have no interest to be patreon in anything. If that's the case you could just say it. The point in this forum is to bring these games for free anyway.

Even if you only pay once an update is released, you don't want to pay 10 bucks for something that takes you 30min-1hour to finish and knowing that maybe or maybe not there will be more in 1 or 3 months.
I don't know how do you like to play, but for me takes way more than one hour each update. 0.5 could be available long time ago, but Dynamite wasn't satisfied with the new contents.

Reactions: Big Mountain

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
How to get the pool seen with Nicholas?
At the start of the game before entering the mines to confront the villain, you have a little lake and you can choose to stop by there to wash and relax. If you have enough submissive points you will be able to unlock the scene with Nicolas.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
This is really a generic statement that shows you have no interest to be patreon in anything.
it's just a fact and you seem butthurt i don't know why. I give money each month for different things but it's absolutely not your business :x i just need to know it worth it.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks. Are the only ways to increase submissiveness to kiss the old guy and let the priest grope you?
i'm not sure but i know that if you do every events of the first town you'll get enough submissive points for what come next. Maybe you can get a submissive point by talking to the guard captain before talking to him about what you found in the major house

slim dickwitz

Jul 19, 2018
Also the save is still not working for me after the fix, but I do have version .4 now! Is there any alternate way to save in rpgmaker

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

I think that your points are all fine, except the argument that people who are trying to make their game development a full-time job are more likely to stay on task than someone who recognizes that his game is an avocation. DRG has been steadily (though slowly) releasing game updates for maybe two years now (Valentina's Story and this one). How many game designers have we seen come in, work "full time" and then drop out when they realize this genre isn't about making money, it is about making games?

So, yes, there is a chance that DRG won't finish, but that's a chance were face with every game designer. I admire the way DRG has structured his Patreon so that there is no temptation to just coast and collect the money. I'd say that indicates a higher-than-average chance he will finish, because he's being very realistic about his goals and the real relationship between his actual job and game design .

Reactions: Xaoyu

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
So how do you advance through the sewer? I can’t save so I have to be careful
You may lose some battles at first, but this isn't a game-over against the critters, just an H scene. Combat will level you up. So will working with Don. After a while, you'll be one-hitting the critters, and the boss at the end will just need enough potions.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
just go to Don school until you reach lvl 5, then you'll have no problem to run through the sewer and kill the boss.

slim dickwitz

Jul 19, 2018
So is there any way to save games using terminal or something? Cause restarting every time I get to the castle is making my life hell

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes