ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so..i get a boner then suddenly we are in space then game ends...i swear i'm not on drugs..but WTF? also..the new gal..she be hot...HELL YA level hot...i labled the not-Monica as my mom's "lover" so new gal is hotter than my mom's lover :p yup..i made my mom a lesbian and thats her lover :p tell me i'm wrong?..you know its SO RIGHT!!

Nikois

:()
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
With the code I gave as example ? I really doubt it...

It mean that either you have an over powerful computer or a "slow brain" (note that it's not an insult, there's really people with a brain that take more time to process visual information and can miss a small part of the said information).

The flash happen because, for a fraction of time, between the hide statement and the following show statement, Ren'py fallback to the actual background (the image comming from the last scene statement you used). So, if you have something like this :
Code:
    scene imageA
    "some dialog"
    show imageB
    hide imageB
    show imageC
Ren'py will do :
  • Display imageA ;
  • Display the dialog line ;
  • Display imageB on top of imageA ;
  • Display imageA (since imageB is no more on top of it) ;
  • Display imageC on top of imageA.

Now, the longer is this said "fraction of time", the more likely the flash will be visible.

This will with :
Code:
    scene imageA
    "some dialog"
    scene imageB
    scene imageC
Ren'py will do :
  • Display imageA ;
  • Display the dialog line ;
  • Replace imageA with imageB ;
  • Replace imageB with imageC ;

Yes, because it's what scene is intended to, while actually you misuse the show and hide statement. Like implied above, when using them, you display the image on top of the image defined with the scene statement ; so, Ren'py effectively display two images at the same time, but like they have the same size, you only see one.
Thanks a lot, I will be using Scene from now. I don't know but maybe I misheard in Thundorn tutorials that Scene doesn't hides the image, so i was worried that it will slow down the users computer.
Sorry my understanding to English is quite bad, I just want to confirm, does Scene hides the image after passed on to the next image?
Edit: btw the laptop i am using is quite average it can handle rainbow six siege at low setting 1280×720

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry my understanding to English is quite bad, I just want to confirm, does Scene hides the image after passed on to the next image?
No need to be sorry for this. And the answer is : yes.
When you use the scene statement, Ren'py will forget everything about the previous image, so you'll only have one picture displayed on the screen without the need to hide the previous one.

Reactions: Nikois

Glen_Quagmire

Oct 30, 2017
Wow I was hoping for at least 2 or 3 times the amount of new story. I realize that this is just a side job
but don't get Me wrong the story You choose is far better the 98% of the all these other games

I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot more of the MILF - Aunt and hopefully we can change Her name

Nikois

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Wow I was hoping for at least 2 or 3 times the amount of new story. I realize that this is just a side job
but don't get Me wrong the story You choose is far better the 98% of the all these other games

I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot more of the MILF - Aunt and hopefully we can change Her name
I will try to make the next update bigger, rendering at night kinda screws up ones brain, xD. But I will try my best.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
In the famous words of GWB, that was some weird shit.

Annoying MC. Maybe the space shuttle will fall on his head. :D

That wouldn't really surprise me at this point in the game, I am interested to see where this goes. (y) I kinda enjoyed that.

Nikois

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
In the famous words of GWB, that was some weird shit.

Annoying MC. Maybe the space shuttle will fall on his head. :D

That wouldn't really surprise me at this point in the game, I am interested to see where this goes. (y) I kinda enjoyed that.
In what way was the MC annoying and how can I make him less annoying? It would help a lot if you can share your opinion on that. Edit: and how was the it weird?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
In what way was the MC annoying and how can I make him less annoying? It would help a lot if you can share your opinion on that. Edit: and how was the it weird?
We all 'feel' things differently playing, and you probably feel something we don't when you make the game. :)

I just felt he should have been more sympathetic towards Clara, she passed out on the floor and he was a little harsh, felt wrong to me. Then when she walked away he suddenly thought hey, let's imagine her naked. :D Not that I minded. ;)
Inconsistent I guess.

Weird was the space section at the end, but I'm confident that will be explained later. (y) I enjoyed playing, that's the important thing.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Oh help ... !

1a. The game text needs to be completely reworked/corrected. Some lines make no sense, others give me a headache, missing/wrong punctuation or comma and in nearly every phrase upper and lower case errors.
1b. The story telling side of this is chaotic, hard to follow and has logic errors. Inexpierence is one thing... but this?
2. Some of the black slides should be replaced with some bg image. Its confusing. The first few for the intro make some sense i think, however the others not.
3. Whats with this Mr. *player name* and Mrs. Kendra bullshit? AFAIK nobody speaks like this.
4. Renpy supports the webp format... lossless, less image size.... (I should begin to count how often i tell authors this.)
5. The mess i found in the *.rpa file gives me pause. (audio in the image dir etc?) The author should think about some order in his game file structure.

The game images look so far ok and the quality is good. A fresh and interesting story idea, however there needs to go more thought in the flow. Much work to do... I will check the next release if there is enough improvement.

Reactions: RoadWulf

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I tried. I tried to finish this. The renders are really good. But Christ the dialogue is worse than a broken english translation. At least in some Russian to English Google Translation game, you can tell the writer had coherent thoughts and a plot that wasn't like some 6th grader wrote it. The shear number of grammatical and concept flaws in this in the first 20 minutes made me lose interest almost immediately.

3.20 star(s) 15 Votes