What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
rebuild using U2019 (NOT 2021, save yourself the gray hair)
I've had Unity 5.6.6f2 installed on my computer for a long time, and I'm averse to change. Would it just not work at all if I tried to do it with that? Never mind, I just installed the newer alongside the old one.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I've had Unity 5.6.6f2 installed on my computer for a long time, and I'm averse to change. Would it just not work at all if I tried to do it with that? Never mind, I just installed the newer alongside the old one.
I couldn't tell you on previous versions, I just know that 2021 had depricated some stuff that's actively used in VC's scenes and refactoring it wasn't worth the time. It stands to reason there's reasons not to do so forward.

If you have any questions about where stuff is in that big mess of objects, I'm more than glad to help as best as I can.

Reactions: rb813

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If you have any questions about where stuff is in that big mess of objects, I'm more than glad to help as best as I can.
I'll probably take you up on that. The first change I want to try making in my personal fork of the game is based on this query. I want to make it so that when a girl is assigned to a client, the game makes a temporary list of all the videos in every eligible subfolder of that client's category (for example, if the client is asking for sex, and you haven't unlocked Anal yet, then it would make a list of every clip in the girl's FacingVaginal and BackVaginal folders), and then randomly select from that list, instead of selecting the subfolder first and then picking a clip from there (or else chooses the folder based on a weighted random of how many clips are in it). So the first question I'd have about where stuff is would be the function for what happens after a girl is assigned to a client and how the specific video file is picked.

(FYI, I have spent many hours working with Unity and C#, but I've mostly dabbled in simple turn-based games, so I have no idea whether this all will be far too complex for me or not.)

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Not that I want you to spend most of your time troubleshooting a modder instead of working on the actual game, but I'm getting a bunch of Error messages right away. The first is a reference to the NoBitchesPane object (which does seem to be a valid reference), and the others are from clicking on the girls in the recruitment screen. (I haven't changed anything yet, this is just your source code out of the box.)
1682002404447.png
EDIT: there are a ton more when I try to start the first work night. Either I'm doing something very wrong here, or this is not a working version of the game.

Last edited:

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
Oh, okay, give me a moment. I can tell you exactly what you'd need to change if you can decompile and get access to the source code.

If you CAN decompile and recompile the code, go into ./Assets/Scripts/GlobalNumericVariables.cs and you can alter lines 607 (to change the lingerie costume) and 612 (to change the all-in-one costume) to better fit your liking. If it doesn't decompile exactly like that, you're looking to change the constructor's initialization of the variables

INTERACTION_DURATION_INCREASE_COSTUME_EFFECT and NAKED_INTERACTION_INCREASE_COSTUME_EFFECT

I think, if I were designing the game from scratch, knowing what I know now I would have set up a read from JSON and made it publicly available to do a lot of thse, but as it is now, it's too engrained for me to do that.

Alternatively, Tobe did post the source code in this thread somewhere, so anyone can download it and Unity 2019 and play, and I would not care if anyone else did the same and made their own branch, so to speak. In fact, a sufficiently interesting branch, I'd likely download and play myself!

Wasn't my baby back then. And anyone whose wanted to mod and change and alter to their liking has my blessing.

Hey, that's how Happy Hour started. There is, absolutely the ability to do so. And I don't mind.

EDIT: I uploaded my working copy of the original vanilla source code here so all you'd need to do is download a copy of Unity 2019, go to what's listed above to find the line, rebuild using U2019 (NOT 2021, save yourself the gray hair) and bob's your uncle.

EDIT2: Happy Hour source code.
Bloody hell chief I can't say I was expecting this much help for a simple query. After the information from rb813 last night I was ready to just put up with the shorter times but after this I'm feeling inclined to give it a try. I guess the worst that happens is I make a big mess, it doesn't work properly and I waste some time.

I appreciate all the help.

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
When in full auto mode, if for any reason the next girl in line cannot take on the next customer, the game fails to assign any girl. This is OK if the girl is just out of energy, because it pops out of the full auto mode, letting you proceed manually.

But if:

- the girl doesn't have the necessary openness and you have no negotiator
- the girl doesn't have the necessary openness, and you have a negotiator but you don't have enough influence to pay
- the girl is Nicole Aniston and she doesn't have the necessary openness, whether or not you have a negotiator

then you are presented with a screen of options, but selecting any option will not resolve the situation.

Thus the program loops and presents the option screen again... and you are now stuck. Pressing a button does advance the clock by some tiny amount, so it's not technically an infinite loop, but ain't nobody got time for clicking the button as many times as is needed to finish the night.
I answered this before, here. I will update the mod post to clearify this...
It has to do with the "Auto Assign Booths". I don't have a real fix for this, just a workaround:
If you have still other girls in the roster, just press TAB (or down-arrow) to select another girl, and the click on "Got it". Then this next girl will be assigned.

If you don't have other girls (or none will do it), you must temporarily disable the Auto Assing Boots feature in the options (you can go there by pressing ESC)

Reactions: CaptC

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
I'll probably take you up on that. The first change I want to try making in my personal fork of the game is based on this query. I want to make it so that when a girl is assigned to a client, the game makes a temporary list of all the videos in every eligible subfolder of that client's category (for example, if the client is asking for sex, and you haven't unlocked Anal yet, then it would make a list of every clip in the girl's FacingVaginal and BackVaginal folders), and then randomly select from that list, instead of selecting the subfolder first and then picking a clip from there (or else chooses the folder based on a weighted random of how many clips are in it). So the first question I'd have about where stuff is would be the function for what happens after a girl is assigned to a client and how the specific video file is picked.

(FYI, I have spent many hours working with Unity and C#, but I've mostly dabbled in simple turn-based games, so I have no idea whether this all will be far too complex for me or not.)
I had to dig into this while doing my mod. so here's how it goes:

The main function for selecting clips is StaticFunctions.SelectWorkVideoClip.
It will call SelectWorkVideoClipGeneric depending on the work type, and the flags for the different policies passed.
This latter function will choose a sub-folder based on the policies, and then in turn call SelectRandomVideoClipFromFolder or SelectRandomVideoClipFromExternalFolder (depending if girl is built-in, or a girl-pack).

So this is where you should hook in your changes

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I had to dig into this while doing my mod. so here's how it goes:

The main function for selecting clips is StaticFunctions.SelectWorkVideoClip.
It will call SelectWorkVideoClipGeneric depending on the work type, and the flags for the different policies passed.
This latter function will choose a sub-folder based on the policies, and then in turn call SelectRandomVideoClipFromFolder or SelectRandomVideoClipFromExternalFolder (depending if girl is built-in, or a girl-pack).

So this is where you should hook in your changes
Well, I appreciate it, but I gave up trying to do anything with the Unity project that was posted here. As per my next comment after that, it was just throwing constant errors every step of the way (before I ever made any modifications).

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Well, I appreciate it, but I gave up trying to do anything with the Unity project that was posted here. As per my next comment after that, it was just throwing constant errors every step of the way (before I ever made any modifications).
Make sure you do Unity 2019, for one. Otherwise, you're going to have a bad time.

Anything relating to github can be ignored.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Make sure you do Unity 2019, for one. Otherwise, you're going to have a bad time.
I did do 2019, but I did the latest version they had on the website (2019.4.40f1), and not the exact version (2019.4.38f1, apparently) that it said the project was made in. Do you think that would make any difference?

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I uninstalled 4.40 and reinstalled the exactly correct version it said the project had used before, and it's still completely unplayable. Any idea what that "missing prefab" error could be about? These definitely aren't things that can just be ignored, the time doesn't even move in the work screen. It's totally broken once it gets to this point.
1682467189744.png

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
Well, I don't even use Unity, just a disassembler ( ). Sure, I can only change code, not layout/UI, but it works for me so far....

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Well, I don't even use Unity, just a disassembler ( ). Sure, I can only change code, not layout/UI, but it works for me so far....
The closest I've ever done to anything like that is UnRen. Does this kind of thing work the same way, where it just kinda makes the scripts appear in the game folder, and then when you make changes to them, they automatically apply to the game? Or do you have to do something more to "build" a playable version with your changes?

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I uninstalled 4.40 and reinstalled the exactly correct version it said the project had used before, and it's still completely unplayable. Any idea what that "missing prefab" error could be about? These definitely aren't things that can just be ignored, the time doesn't even move in the work screen. It's totally broken once it gets to this point.
View attachment 2573751
Woof

Even with the vanilla?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
When you're running the game in Unity, do you start from MainMenuScene, or is there something else that needs to initialize first? I tried launching from InitializationScene, and it just did nothing.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
When you're running the game in Unity, do you start from MainMenuScene, or is there something else that needs to initialize first? I tried launching from InitializationScene, and it just did nothing.
None of the above. Run And Build. That way all the objects that need to be initialized get initialized.

• Thinking Face
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes