4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
The .exe? So you don't run the game the usual, so through desktop bat? And it works no problem?
Guess I might try it later, then.
Now I'm using Virtual Desktop. But I don't use any .bat. I just run the .exe through Virtual Destop 'launch app...' option. When using Airlink or ALVR, I just ran the .exe normally.

Reactions: brynhildr

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
If you're using Virtual Desktop I suggest you to use this guide to avoid SteamVR to start up when starting the .exe normally through Virtual Desktop. It improves the performance quite a bit.

This is weird. SteamVR never launched when I'm using VD.

Also I didn't notice a huge performance difference from ALVR (it uses SteamVR). ALVR is nice because it has finger tracking. It's awesome if you don't need to do any scene editing or pressing buttons. But navigating through menus in VR is already bad, and even more so without the use of controllers, it becomes an absolute nightmare.

pyzoman

May 4, 2020
I dont really understand how to play this, i have balls instead of hands, i can barely move, so many buttons that dont really do much.... how do i play this, just watch some scenes?

• Haha
Reactions: BigFrogX

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I dont really understand how to play this, i have balls instead of hands, i can barely move, so many buttons that dont really do much.... how do i play this, just watch some scenes?
It's not easy to answer that.

The first time I played VAM I just gave up because everything was shit: performance, females, animations, UI... thankfully, you can customize many things (even the UI and the performance). Once I grasped the fundamentals, I found myself fully immersed in VAM, abandoning all other games in favor of this captivating experience.

But first things first: your first problem is that you have no hands. So just toggle this setting
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How do you play? You can create or download a scene to watch and interact with it. Most scenes are like this. Some rare scenes have some 'gameplay', like these ones:

But Vam scene creators don't really focus on the gameplay aspect. The game is more focused in sex scenes interactions and customizing. Other games will have a video or some pictures. Some games may have full 3D sex scenes with free camera control, but the animations are baked and you can't really change them in any way. That's where VAM is different. Vam will let you hold the girl's head, arms, legs; touch her as you want; put your fingers anywhere...

To avoid a long boring learning session that looks like a tutorial, I would start just enjoying some good scenes with good looks. I know this is subjective, but my favorite looks are from Solerrain and Dnaddr; and my favorite scenes are from Alpacalaps, Flyroxy, Cuddlemocap.

After getting the hang of it, you can try customizing stuff to better fit your preferences.

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
Is there any look closer to this? I know there is lots of version of her but is there any look exactly like this?

1686490497150.jpeg

Farker65

Jan 4, 2018
i downloaded vam and some 50 loop scenes but non of the buttons are working
i downloaded all dependencies
Vamx also doesn't work and tells me to enable plugins even when i enabled them
any ideas why ?

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
i downloaded vam and some 50 loop scenes but non of the buttons are working
i downloaded all dependencies
Vamx also doesn't work and tells me to enable plugins even when i enabled them
any ideas why ?
try reset ur vam setting on menu option.

Farker65

Jan 4, 2018
try reset ur vam setting on menu option.
done that , didn't work
Vamx shows an error in the scene where it tells me that i changed the name of Vamx var file which i didn't and non of the tutorial buttons work
50 loops scenes the only button working is the cum button and ui enabler but the numbers don't work
i started this as a fresh install after similar things happening before but didn't solve anything
i suspect something to do with the plugins but i don't know what exactly

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
done that , didn't work
Vamx shows an error in the scene where it tells me that i changed the name of Vamx var file which i didn't and non of the tutorial buttons work
50 loops scenes the only button working is the cum button and ui enabler but the numbers don't work
i started this as a fresh install after similar things happening before but didn't solve anything
i suspect something to do with the plugins but i don't know what exactly
screenshoot the erorr than.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
error messages show this
(...)
Here's what you should do:
  • Download VaM, and VaM only
  • When installing VaM, make sure to read, understand and follow this part from the : "IMPORTANT: choose a folder that is not admin-rights protected. For example, don't try to install to Program Files directory as that is admin-protected. VaM needs to be able to write files to the directory you install it in."
  • Start VaM, and test some built-in scenes to see if it's working
  • If everything is working, download a simple free scene from the VaMhub including all its dependencies and test it
  • Continue downloading more stuff, but never like 20-30 scenes + dependencies at once. 1-2 scenes at most at a time, then test them, and if they work and you like them, keep them. Otherwise (they don't work or you don't like them), remove them and the just downloaded dependencies again to keep your VaM installation "clean"
And on a personal note, I suggest to not use vamX at all, and here's why.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes