Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
kronoblast Hi! That is a really odd error and the first of a kind that we came across. We apologize, but we need more data to figure this one out and request your cooperation, if you don't mind. For starters, please upload your system information for us. It's nothing invasive and only collects information on your system specs, like what kind of hardware you are running, what OS you are on, what your driver dates are etc.
If we have your consent then please follow the following steps:

• Hit "Windows" key.
  • In the search bar that pops up type, "dxdiag", right click and run as administrator
  • Let it scan your system and collect the relevant information. Once the process bar vanishes, click on this:
  • dxdiag.png
  • Save the file in .txt format and then upload it for us. You can either do so in your next post here or open a private conversation with us and attach the file there, whichever you feel comfortable with.

Since the issue seems to be originating when you start the game, we want to be absolutely sure that nothing is throwing a wrench into the game process at your end. Normally, we would immediately dive into the game code but right now you're the only one who reported such an issue, so we want to eliminate the basic suspects first. We sincerely hope you understand.

Kind Regards,
Cursed Atelier

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
It's almost bizarre to see custom UI, unique enemies, and a distinct underuse of pre-made assets in an RPGM game. Will be keeping a close eye on this one and will strongly consider supporting it as a Patron. I love to see devs who put their all into their work.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
kronoblast Thank you for the report! From what our technical team can gather, you're on a fairly beefy laptop with reasonably solid specs. That eliminates a big chunk of suspicion that stems from "power under the hood" issues.

The only elephant in the room seems to be your "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000". It has a Display Memory of 1792 MB, Dedicated Memory of 32 MB and a Shared Memory of 1760 MB which is horribly low for VoidBound. On the other hand, you also have "NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M" that has a Display Memory of 3990 MB, Dedicated Memory of 978 MB and a Shared Memory of 3011 MB.

If your system is forcing RPG Maker games to run via onboard Intel graphics then it's definitely possible your system is running out of memory to run both the game and your OS simultaneously. First, we wanna make sure whether or not you're facing the same issue when the game is forced to run with your Nvidia Graphics instead. Here's how:

• Make sure you have the updated Nvidia drivers installed on your laptop. Best place to find those is from your brand site. Since you own the XPS L521X from Dell, this
  • Next, Go to NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desktop and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".
  • In the default screen that pops up ("manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.
  • From here, navigate to the folder where your VoidBound directory is located. Example: C/:VoidBound/. Once inside find Game.exe and select it. Then hit open.
  • Finally, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor". Hit apply in the far bottom right corner.

That should be it. Do let us know if the situation improves. If not and you get the same error, new error or odd behavior, do not hesitate to get in touch with us again!

Regards,
    Cursed Atelier Team

abao

Mar 20, 2018
Could use a speed up button for combat, otherwise this is one of the most promising demo I've seen in quite a while.

Edit:could also use a space after a punctuation,otherwise the words seems to flow into one another,and not in a good way.Like this.

Reactions: Cursed Atelier
Nov 5, 2018
Definitely like what I see here. Agree with the others, the combat is great from a mechanics stand point but could use being sped up a bit. Nice graphics, nice music, nice gameplay, good stuff all around. Do you guys have a timeline for this project?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Definitely like what I see here. Agree with the others, the combat is great from a mechanics stand point but could use being sped up a bit. Nice graphics, nice music, nice gameplay, good stuff all around. Do you guys have a timeline for this project?
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
We are working on getting the combat more "speedy".

For the timeline, we don't have one.
However, we are planning to keep updating the game over time in reasonable gaps, our priority is quality over quantity.

Almost96

Jan 9, 2020
Lately I played two in-development great games, Latex Dungeon and this one. Two games with absolutely great potential. The feedback I wrote on Latex Dungeon was my first ever feedback on any type of game and here comes the second one.
1. I will begin with what I see other people saying, fighting system is great, diverse and interesting, but my good is it slow, but I'm sure that is easy to tweak so no big deal
2. The story. Really does feel like a work in progress early story telling, but again, it has lot of potential to be a really interesting type of Mass Effect story (No one believed that they existed but on one day the Reapers came). Also the big space ships attacking earth with red light beam really did remind me of that scene in the beginning of Mass Effect 3 when reapers attacked Earth. Did you got some inspiration from them?
3. Art is really good and still being an early alpha version. So that speaks volumes about how good the art will and I hope will become. Maybe in a future iteration of the game when in fight your clothes are being torn you will see that on your in battle character, not just in the right part, maybe its just me who is complaining about that, but I feel that things will be more consistent that way.
4. The puzzles are great, continue to make them on this exact difficulty level. They feel a that bit difficult (i understood the elevator one after the second attempt) They were easy, but not easy enough to feel just useless. Also I found a bug that when you fuck up the elevator puzzle and you are moving with the spark to your right, exactly before dissapearing your charcater will just run off map and become stuck somewhere out of bonds.
With each iteration of the game I will write feedback with the new, good and bad things I see. Very good job and Thank you for your work.

• Love

Siderophilia

Oct 5, 2019
Yes and No. The game is a hybrid mix between an RPG and a VN. Some scenes are triggered by defeat but some scenes are part of the story and will trigger regardless of combat.
You know, if it wasn't for the RPG part I'd give this a five star rating on promise alone. As of now I'll just add it to my watch list and hope it improves in future releases.

The whole introduction is really impressive, the protagonist is adorable (although the thigh gap looks a bit unnatural to me), art in general is pretty nice and the amount of original art for an early alpha build is amazing. The writing in general holds good quality even if I don't think the protagonist's often immediate arousal and recognition of her own submissive tendencies in various dreadful situations is very convincing. Yet I think the premise hinted at in the introduction of the protagonist being telepathically receptive but unable to communicate on her own would open up for a bunch of interesting stories to tell.

But then there's a time skip launching me into the actual gameplay and the whole thing is just such a slog. Map layouts feel unnecessarily labyrinthine at times but what really brings it down is the combat. I'm not saying I hate the idea of a tactical RPG, with a bit more variation in enemies and actual incitements to use limited ammo resources and items it could be a decent experience, but as is I can clear everything but the boss fight using the same move set which I discovered early on. It's both time consuming and unrewarding, and the one saving grace is that most of it can be skipped by running past the enemies.

I understand that we all have our personal taste, but I can't tell if the people who are praising the combat system are fucking masochists who actually enjoy the current experience, or if they simply like an idea of what it could be. Either way, I'll agree that there's a lot of promise to this game, and I think this "Weird Developer Team" have some great talents, but there are also a few issues which I hope they'll clear up in future releases before I can say for sure whether I enjoy this product or not.

• Thinking Face

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
This looks cool. I like the costumes, I like the weapon-system and I do like robots.

Fingers crossed that this does well.

Edit: Just got through the opening and into the actual gameplay. Feels very disjointed.
I assume this is because it's a work in progress, but the scene from the intro of her being in the tube, and the scene(and gameplay that follow) don't seem to be connected at all.

Someone killed the guy who manning the controls to the tentacle-tube thing, and then suddenly she's in some tunnels under some planet somewhere, lookin for something and talking to some people we don't know.

Is this not the first level, or is there supposed to be even more cutscene before we get to actual gameplay?
I was expecting/hoping for gameplay where she escapes from the tube and tries to escape whatever facility she's in after her rape-scene.

Last edited:

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
This is pretty cool, we're always in need of more sci-fi adult games that aren't just shitty daz3d harem collectors "but in space".

I skimmed through quite a bit of the dialog, specifically after the intro sequence - it interrupts regular gameplay a bit too often for my liking, but it's got good characterization and worldbuilding from what I did read.
The intro text is paced a little weirdly, some lines would go through too fast while others lingered long after I finished reading them.

The environments look great but are quite difficult to navigate, in a way that's less challenging and more awkward - obviously due to the lighting more than anything, but that combined with a lot of single-tile-wide corridors and single-tile dead-ends makes it a pain to move through.

I'm really impressed by the battle system - if I were going to make an RPG-maker-esque H-game this is how I'd want the battles to be, but I was never sure it was possible.
That said, I do find it quite tedious - difficulty is just right I think, but you can't skip through the action animations which is one of my most common gripes with RPGM games. Especially given that you have to fight battles (or give up) to get through them, I would strongly recommend addressing this in some way.

It feels as though the coilgun doesn't put out enough damage with its slugs against the robots, to be worth using over buckshot which can hit multiple enemies for not that much less damage. I think the blaster's regular and burst shot could use another tile or two of range, but with accuracy falloff beyond their current range.

I'm also quite impressed by the weapon customization, again didn't think this'd be possible in RPGM. From what I can tell everything but the muzzle is currently inconsequential but I imagine that will change.

I was kinda disappointed that most of the sex acts in-battle only have small cut-in windows, I think this stuff is most effective when it's applied to the existing standing sprite - but I can appreciate the work-benefit considerations involved.

Overall really great work, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks for sharing it with us, and I hope my feedback doesn't sound too negative.

iamnuff I can't speak for the dev but I'm betting that the cutscenes/gameplay sections that link these two parts together aren't finished yet, and they wanted to get a functional gameplay section going sooner rather than later.

• Thinking Face

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Hmm. Just got to the bossfight. I was kinda expecting some sort of sci-fi sexy iron-maiden type scene, not a humanoid android.

I mean, it works, it feels a lot more personal and the mirrored-mask scene is pretty cool, but the whole 'stuffed inside a cylindrical robot-tube-thing made me think of a diffrent hentai-trope entirely.

• Thinking Face

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
The auto text pass in the intro (don't know if it does this in other parts of the game) is very disruptive. Makes me rush through the scene and read as fast as possible as opposed to taking my time going through the story. It's also on the fast side. I'm quite a fast reader and was still taken by surprise in some windows where the text suddenly skipped before I was finished. Doesn't help that the font isn't exactly the most readable.

Game is great though

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Just got through the opening and into the actual gameplay. Feels very disjointed.
Hello! Thank you for reviewing our game. We apologize that you felt left hanging due to the time jump but that is how it was intended and the very reason we tagged it as Alpha release. Rest assured, we're actively working on polishing the midway content that will connect Caly's story right from the recovery tank to the point where she dropped into the dungeon. Stay tuned for more news in the upcoming few weeks!

Overall really great work, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks for sharing it with us, and I hope my feedback doesn't sound too negative.
Not at all! We're grateful that you took the time to pen your thoughts around our game and especially appreciate the suggestions and feedback. We'll keep it in mind as we adjust current and develop future content.

Game is great though
We apologize for the negative experience you felt with some sections of the game. Though, we'd like to state for the record that all the points you mentioned have already been taken into account and being reworked accordingly. Once we have the new content update released, we'd like to invite you once more to take the game out for a spin!

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The auto text pass in the intro (don't know if it does this in other parts of the game) is very disruptive. Makes me rush through the scene and read as fast as possible as opposed to taking my time going through the story. It's also on the fast side. I'm quite a fast reader and was still taken by surprise in some windows where the text suddenly skipped before I was finished. Doesn't help that the font isn't exactly the most readable.

Game is great though
I actually felt like the intro was kinda slow. To the point where I didn't notice that the text was set to auto-progress at all. I was mashing keys to get through it.
The big dramatic shot of the earth getting lasered, specifically, was probably the downpoint of the whole thing.

Sure, it's sorta animated with the screen-shake and there's a big dramatic music to go with the big dramatic shot, but it outstayed it's welcome by like five or ten seconds.
By that point, all the tension had sorta drained away and I was just waiting for the game to get on with it.

• Thinking Face

Guyver

Aug 20, 2017
can't wait to get more sci-fi bondage!
loving the game; you already got attention to combat, the only thing that need revision.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Any chance that thanks for playing CG will be viewed/downloaded elsewhere down the line?
Apologies for the late reply. Yes, we'll make it available as a part of the downloadable content down the line.

can't wait to get more sci-fi bondage!
loving the game; you already got attention to combat, the only thing that need revision.
Apologies for the late reply. Thank you. We have made new additions to the combat system and tweaked it as well. You'll soon get the opportunity to test it yourself.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes