cronivate1

May 10, 2023
just take a look at the code he hasn't learned anything, the multiply paths he wants is near impossible with the current code it will need a complete rewrite to make the paths properly or its literally going to take this dev another 10+ years to even finish one path

no word of a lie you now the story code as in just clicking items to say you don't have enough money? instead of just using jumps/calls to use the same 30 lines of code its posted over and over agian like 15 more times with differen't labels "Label store01" - "label store05" etc etc literally taking up like almost 700 lines of "code"

the only thing this dev learned is how to pad the fuck out of the script so he can make stupid statments like "added 3000 line of code" when its true that many was added but only like 300 is of actual real "code" the rest is just copy paste of the same 300 with a slight number change for the label.

and even when you think surely it most be getting better now nah lets look at the newer store (the contest)

Code:
label HBcon_inside_quiz4_start:
        menu :
            "Britney Copper and Shin Orkin?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_01

"Amin Copler and Brimley Aslan?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_02

"Bingley Cropper and Din Osman?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_03

"Trim Oftan and Ridley Scotsman?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_04

"Bradly Askan and Trin Coopner?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_05

"Dim Osmen and Britley Coppar?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_06

"Bradly Cooper and Rin O’Neil?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_07

"Din Copper and Britney Osman?" :
                jump hb_inside_quizkids_08

so far so good each options lead to a different label so different choices right? not lets see them

Code:
        label hb_inside_quizkids_01:
        scene honeyquiz_sheila87 with fade
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "Ya’ got one, but that won’t cut it! Anyone else?"
        jump hb_inside_quizkids_com

label hb_inside_quizkids_02:
        label hb_inside_quizkids_07:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "Swing an’ a miss! Any other takers?"

label hb_inside_quizkids_03:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "You’re {i}half{/i} right, but I needed both. Can any y’all do better?"

label hb_inside_quizkids_04:
        label hb_inside_quizkids_06:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "Not even close! Do any y’all know it? No?"

label hb_inside_quizkids_05:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "Those ain’t names I ever heard, and they cert’ly ain’t the answer. Anyone? Going once…? Going twice…?"

label hb_inside_quizkids_08:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "You had it, but… backwards! Sorry, [player_name], but I can’t let ya’ have it."
        jump hb_inside_quizkids_extra1

label hb_inside_quizkids_7:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "Ya’ got celebs on the brain, ‘Judge’, and they ain’t the right ones! Any other guesses?"

label hb_inside_quizkids_6:
        $ HB_quiz_score_p += 0
        ma "So close… but {i}just{/i} off enough that I can’t give it to ya’. ‘nless I misheard ya’-."
        jump hb_inside_quizkids_com_extra2

Notice how option 06 and 07 jump a shared "label" when clearly there is one for 6 and 7 and it has its own "content"

i can only think this was a poor mans attempt at a "bug fix" instead of fixing the dame lbel and change the "06" and "07" to just "6" and "7"

I forgot my login on my other account but I will say that 'galewind' has reworked the code since the update. So it looks better. It's still a WIP and that part may not be updated yet (I haven't checked) but it will eventually be worked to how its suppose to be when the time is ready. (when the neutral route is finished and the splitting routes start).

~

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
... i can't tell if you actually think it takes 4 months to do 600 "renders" with honey select or being sarcastic... if the former oh boy then I have swampland beachfront property in Florida to sell you.
It was sarcasm obviously. 600 renders in HS isn't much. You can do this in two weeks if you don't put effort in it and Milkaeus didn't put effort in it at any time. He's just using standard templates. Hell, in many scenes he's fucking a girl with his fucking schoolbag on his back.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I forgot my login on my other account but I will say that 'galewind' has reworked the code since the update. So it looks better. It's still a WIP and that part may not be updated yet (I haven't checked) but it will eventually be worked to how its suppose to be when the time is ready. (when the neutral route is finished and the splitting routes start).

~
Hmm? ok i don't know your other account nor do i know who this "galewind" is (im horrible with names Lol)

but the little bit was just an example there is so much waste lines of "code" thats reused over and over again when simple calling it would probably shed down like 5000 lines in total LOL

now this is just me but i REALLY frown on using one "script" file for the entire game its bad form makes it hard to edit or find/fix bugs etc if it was me i probably would made each day its own "file" it would make finding/tracking bug 100x easier and more manageable to add/change anything with the script then having to search 50,000 lines in one file.

but thats just me and i like things nice and clean it makes the workflow alot smoother

the real point i was trying to get across after years of working a game this size one would think the "code" gets improved over time but it just doesn't it stay the same "quality" as it was 4 years ago.. i guess atleast it consistent...

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Maybe they are busy developing another game have not thought about it?
And that's the main problem among these devs with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: they just can't put the focus, effort and attention simply to one game at a time until it's finished and completed, they just have to start pursuing another projects simultaneously no matter what which then prolongs and delays the progress.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
"because new features, map"

LMFAO oh ya cause it take more then 10 minutes to make a map in renpy *facepalm*

Spoilers: it doesn't
That depends on the kind of map you do, but it is not just implementing stuff in RenPy, you have actually to design and model or draw the map. I'll have to see the actual thing before I pass judgment, but if it's like the one in Corruption or the late Milfy City, then yea, not a huge deal, which is kind of what I'm expecting it will be.

Reactions: Squarblesport

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
That depends on the kind of map you do, but it is not just implementing stuff in RenPy, you have actually to design and model or draw the map. I'll have to see the actual thing before I pass judgment, but if it's like the one in Corruption or the late Milfy City, then yea, not a huge deal, which is kind of what I'm expecting it will be.

the map design was posted awhile pretty much just a basic imagemap like in corruption, and yes saying ten minues is wrong but even a complicated map wouldn't take more then 10 hours max

EDIT: found the pic of the post/map (at botton)

Screenshot_20230226-062541_Chrome.jpg

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
the map design was posted awhile pretty much just a basic imagemap like in corruption, and yes saying ten minues is wrong but even a complicated map wouldn't take more then 10 hours max

EDIT: found the pic of the post/map (at botton)

View attachment 2611613
Oh wow, that's... ok not gonna lie, is marginally better than the ones I mentioned, but still something of no particular remark, if I wasn't making my own I would offer my services for sure.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Oh wow, that's... ok not gonna lie, is marginally better than the ones I mentioned, but still something of no particular remark, if I wasn't making my own I would offer my services for sure.

ya and its also going to be pointless I'm willing to bet all this map is for instead of having the option now like "goto store" or "goto train station" it will pop the map up instead and those are going to be the only options you can pick regardless same with the morning of "goto school" map pops up just so you can click the school" remember this isn't an openworld/reeroam game so this whole map thing is more like just thrown in as an excues so the dev can say "oh now the feature is taking longer then expected going to need another month to work on it" (i mean he already used it as a excuse)

and oh? what you making a map for?

Honestly the only thing i have hopes for is the new staff he has actually knows whats they're are doing and does all the "coding" and the dev himself stays the hell away from it but that doesn't seem to change anything so far i mean

600 renders in 4 months with a staff of 6 people! this isn't a lone dev its him and 5 others

LunarImpostor

Feb 25, 2023
what is even the point of a map in this game
it's not like it have extensive area or extra stuff you can do outside of the story anyway

waste of time, glad i'm not paying for this

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
what is even the point of a map in this game
it's not like it have extensive area or extra stuff you can do outside of the story anyway

waste of time, glad i'm not paying for this
I don´t see the point of it neither, i prefer only focus in history an avoid freeroaming spaces... But it is what it is, maybe in futures chapters will be more content in the map,now is very earlier to see it.

bubahki

Feb 12, 2020
Ask from absolute ignorance and as a person who has just discovered this game and who is surprised to see 1k pages with messages. Is the game nearing completion or is it still in development?

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes