NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
3 months until this thread can be marked as abandoned, since it’ll be a whole year since the last update. Looking forward to it.
Unfortunately that's not how that works... The Dev has to be completely inactive for the game to be abandoned, but he posts something on Patreon every few months so the game is still technically ongoing, so it wont be marked as abandoned.

AshLoo

May 6, 2018
Unfortunately that's not how that works... The Dev has to be completely inactive for the game to be abandoned, but he posts something on Patreon every few months so the game is still technically ongoing, so it wont be marked as abandoned.
What if using tag as "Outstanding" ? :unsure:

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
3 months until this thread can be marked as abandoned, since it’ll be a whole year since the last update. Looking forward to it.
Here is a thought though. Stop coming by this forum if you are hoping it gets abandoned anyway. It is amazing how many people say things like this yet search for this forum and come back and post a few times a year because they want to play the game and are mad its not done yet. If you personally hope it fails why are you here?

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
I don't think anybody wish for this game to fail. It was few years ago one of the best.
As for why are we here, depends? Some are here for the blood, some for nostalgy, false hope and some like me are there to get a good laugh at the next excuse and the next script 1600%, Doing sound effect, adding mini games etc. It's a good running gag and at this point laughing about it is basically all we are left with.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
According to the mods, it’s apparently trolling to call the game abandoned, for not updating in a whole year, in three months time.
According to the uploading rules, the abandoned tag is only put when the game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

So yes, not having an update for a long time is not merit for it to be tagged as abandoned if the dev has been posting stuff about it, even if is just to say he still working on it.

And yes, it could be considered trolling, unless you have absolute and undeniable proof that would convince even the blindest of fans that the game is gone for good.

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
According to the uploading rules, the abandoned tag is only put when the game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

So yes, not having an update for a long time is not merit for it to be tagged as abandoned if the dev has been posting stuff about it, even if is just to say he still working on it.

And yes, it could be considered trolling, unless you have absolute and undeniable proof that would convince even the blindest of fans that the game is gone for good.
I was looking at the games that I have tagged and at least 3 of them were on hold and did not have the tag on.

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018

I've been watching and it's true, there are a lot of games tagged abandoned after not posting for 8 months even though their patreon activity continues. Is there a special cause for not putting this in onhold or abandoned?

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
I've been watching and it's true, there are a lot of games tagged abandoned after not posting for 8 months even though their patreon activity continues. Is there a special cause for not putting this in onhold or abandoned?
I do not know, I was just merely quoting the rule and paraphrasing the reasoning behind it mostly to just explain why the comment was considered trolling, but whether or not the rule is followed to the letter is up to whoever has the authority over that.
If I recall correctly Waifu Academy had been tagged as abandoned once, but apparently, it was done either spuriously or at least without a solid basis, so a mod removed the tag not too long after.
In the end, there's a lot of cases and special exceptions when you look for it.

images.jpg

If you think you have a proper solid basis to have a game tagged, you can raise the point for or against it yourself, the mods do listen and are reasonable about it, but in the end, is their decision.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes