Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Pretty much, it's also a very linear visual novel as the choices don't make any difference to the plot, a lot of them just lead to a game over. It's great fap material though
Still wish i had their discord so i could ask if they ever are going to implement the items in the shop and when the game is going to be a full sandbox game... cause right now it is more like a one-sided story with fake choices in most cases really... there might be some ways to miss certain content but otherwise... X)

riserser

May 15, 2018
Still wish i had their discord so i could ask if they ever are going to implement the items in the shop and when the game is going to be a full sandbox game... cause right now it is more like a one-sided story with fake choices in most cases really... there might be some ways to miss certain content but otherwise... X)
Well, I don't think it's supposed to become a "sandbox" (You won't be able to decide what your character should do whenever you want, you're only supposed to make choices like a Visual Novel, so I don't think the shop will be ever really implemented since it wouldn't have any meaning).
But, well, even the choice aren't meaningfull as of now (There's only one choice near the end of the content that currently lock some option for a choice coming after, but I don't think that change anything beside the scene you're viewing, at least for now... :p)

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Are we not allowed to use 0.9.4 saves in the latest version? Keep getting errors when I try to load them
Wondered about that too. But so far no one's answered one way or another on a fix. Middle of Yoko revenge scene every choice leads to an error page.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Are we not allowed to use 0.9.4 saves in the latest version? Keep getting errors when I try to load them
Wondered about that too. But so far no one's answered one way or another on a fix. Middle of Yoko revenge scene every choice leads to an error page.
I guess you both had the Walkthrough-Mod installed before. Use the newest version of the Mod (linked in the OP) and then it should fix it.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Well, I don't think it's supposed to become a "sandbox" (You won't be able to decide what your character should do whenever you want, you're only supposed to make choices like a Visual Novel, so I don't think the shop will be ever really implemented since it wouldn't have any meaning).
But, well, even the choice aren't meaningfull as of now (There's only one choice near the end of the content that currently lock some option for a choice coming after, but I don't think that change anything beside the scene you're viewing, at least for now... :p)
Well at least i would like to ask i mean why even have shop options if not to be used kinda retarded u know...

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Well at least i would like to ask i mean why even have shop options if not to be used kinda retarded u know...
You have those, because the game is massive and developed over time.

I mean, think about it, when you actually get confronted with the Shop Options. Very early in the game. Since then a lot of stuff was added.

Waifu Academy is a very ambitious project, because it has so many Love Interests. And some of them do not even have any scenes yet. And overall, new content is a better selling point than reworking older content. There will be some point where the Dev will revisit old stuff like the Karma System or the Shop Options, but I would not expect it anytime soon. Because I am very sure that he will lose a lot of Patrons if he would start implementing older, unfinished features now, because most people would not bother to start a new game to see this content and are waiting for new content with the girls.

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
I guess you both had the Walkthrough-Mod installed before. Use the newest version of the Mod (linked in the OP) and then it should fix it.
Nope. Still get an error. This error appears about halfway through Yoko Revenge.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I try to pull up an old save from the end of last update. I get a direct error. This save is from the end of Yoko Revenge after she's laying on the ground and you're walking away and be like see ya around. Loading it up goes straight to this screen.

Last edited:

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
You have those, because the game is massive and developed over time.

I mean, think about it, when you actually get confronted with the Shop Options. Very early in the game. Since then a lot of stuff was added.

Waifu Academy is a very ambitious project, because it has so many Love Interests. And some of them do not even have any scenes yet. And overall, new content is a better selling point than reworking older content. There will be some point where the Dev will revisit old stuff like the Karma System or the Shop Options, but I would not expect it anytime soon. Because I am very sure that he will lose a lot of Patrons if he would start implementing older, unfinished features now, because most people would not bother to start a new game to see this content and are waiting for new content with the girls.
According to the dev, the game only has a few updates left. It was 4 updates when v0.8 came out so we only have 3 left. If he keeps breaking the updates in half then we probably actually have 6-8 more but given the amount of content that was added in the last two, do you really think this game is going to be as fleshed out as you expect?

Reactions: Jeemjemm and Jarul

riserser

May 15, 2018
Nope. Still get an error. This error appears about halfway through Yoko Revenge.

If I try to pull up an old save from the end of last update. I get a direct error. This save is from the end of Yoko Revenge after she's laying on the ground and you're walking away and be like see ya around. Loading it up goes straight to this screen.
Just checking, but did you try clicking on "ignore"? Because I'm pretty sure the dev just messed up, but since the variable isn't used later, you can "ignore" it and it take you to the next frame.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
According to the dev, the game only has a few updates left. It was 4 updates when v0.8 came out so we only have 3 left. If he keeps breaking the updates in half then we probably actually have 6-8 more but given the amount of content that was added in the last two, do you really think this game is going to be as fleshed out as you expect?
There is a LOT of plot that still needs to be covered, this game is far from over and will remain that way

Agitrek21

Mar 4, 2019
Pretty much, it's also a very linear visual novel as the choices don't make any difference to the plot, a lot of them just lead to a game over. It's great fap material though
Also why does the game over music sound so cartoony?

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
You have those because the game is massive and developed over time.

Waifu Academy is a very ambitious project because it has so many Love Interests. And some of them do not even have any scenes yet. And overall, new content is a better selling point than reworking older content. There will be some point where the Dev will revisit old stuff like the Karma System or the Shop Options, but I would not expect it anytime soon. Because I am very sure that he will lose a lot of Patrons if he would start implementing older, unfinished features now because most people would not bother to start a new game to see this content and are waiting for new content with the girls.
Still, he could just get either rid of the shop options or rewrite the story to make the mc have a bunch of money saved up like inherited from his grandma and dad's death or a relative or something... it would open up many scenarios like if he has money he could help the kendo girl with her Dojo, hire someone to look for the missing parents to the girls in park/one of them is a classmate of his...

Also, there are other options like getting rid of the choice to purchase and having mc use a bottle from his 'stepdads' storage. the kid's game let's say his family could have one, etc, and about the train pass one can 'win that one' like 'how the game' is currently so... mc going to shop to purchase stuff in the early game is actually useless since first he doesn't have any money 2 even if he gets something he still won't have much so well dev is not being smart about things... he could just remake the scene's a bit with the mc buying things without players 'input' really on that...

riserser

May 15, 2018
Still, he could just get either rid of the shop options or rewrite the story to make the mc have a bunch of money saved up like inherited from his grandma and dad's death or a relative or something... it would open up many scenarios like if he has money he could help the kendo girl with her Dojo, hire someone to look for the missing parents to the girls in park/one of them is a classmate of his...

Also, there are other options like getting rid of the choice to purchase and having mc use a bottle from his 'stepdads' storage. the kid's game let's say his family could have one, etc, and about the train pass one can 'win that one' like 'how the game' is currently so... mc going to shop to purchase stuff in the early game is actually useless since first he doesn't have any money 2 even if he gets something he still won't have much so well dev is not being smart about things... he could just remake the scene's a bit with the mc buying things without players 'input' really on that...
Well.. Considering he take so long to make an "update", the day when he decide to "rework" the story, we won't see an update before a decade :p

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Well.. Considering he take so long to make an "update", the day when he decide to "rework" the story, we won't see an update before a decade :p
If everyone was working at his pace, then all of us would be living for months with blue balls in terms of waiting for these kinds of games...

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Just checking, but did you try clicking on "ignore"? Because I'm pretty sure the dev just messed up, but since the variable isn't used later, you can "ignore" it and it take you to the next frame.
Clicking Ignore it seems to have worked. Had to click it twice and finally moved on to next scenes.

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
This don't work for me. The game will start from begin - like "new game"
That happened originally, and then I chose a different save and tried the ignore again and it worked after hitting it twice, it moved on finally to the new update content.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes