smnb

Sep 5, 2017
A rule of thumbs up for pretty much anyone who thinks like this, if a dev gets their money from Patreon or similar always, ALWAYS do some research on them before handing over any money. Because there is a good chance the dev you want to donate to is just milking money and therefore your money is going to waste.
Just don't be overly optimistic, or whatever the right term is. Follow the simple rule, pay only for what you already got, not for something you may (or may not) get in future. It's probably true that at this point it might be good if he lost significant amount of money and was forced to rethink his strategy, i.e. to start doing some work again. On the other hand, what he made so far is nice and provides several hours of entertainment. It's not wrong to give him some tip for that. But then again, maybe it's better to hold it until he gets his act together.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Just don't be overly optimistic, or whatever the right term is. Follow the simple rule, pay only for what you already got, not for something you may (or may not) get in future. It's probably true that at this point it might be good if he lost significant amount of money and was forced to rethink his strategy, i.e. to start doing some work again. On the other hand, what he made so far is nice and provides several hours of entertainment. It's not wrong to give him some tip for that. But then again, maybe it's better to hold it until he gets his act together.
That's also good advice, if you want to pay the creator for what he has already provided by all means do it without hesitation. But if you want to pay them for future content then always do some background research on them.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
does anyone know when he'll tell a new excuse for the missed update??
Lately its been heat-related moaning on discord. Also, its too easy this time around, Vash (his writer?) is on vacation... just grab the old classic scapegoat card and you're golden.

Reactions: XnaVier

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys. I played this game a long time ago and suddenly saw that it received an update not so long ago (not as big as it seemed to me) and I wanted to replay it. I have read your posts about developer being lazy etc. But can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to update this game? As far as I remember, before this update the game was "frozen" for 9 months, or am I confusing it with another game? Is everything so bad or is there any hope that the developer will start to please us in terms of updates? Because this game is very popular and very high quality, it would be a shame to lose such a masterpiece or receive small updates once a year

Wayward38

Jul 17, 2021
Does anyone know what version of honey select this was made on? I'm planning on making a visual novel but my laptops graphics card is too low for Daz. I'm hoping it'll be able to handle this.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Hey guys. I played this game a long time ago and suddenly saw that it received an update not so long ago (not as big as it seemed to me) and I wanted to replay it. I have read your posts about developer being lazy etc. But can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to update this game? As far as I remember, before this update the game was "frozen" for 9 months, or am I confusing it with another game? Is everything so bad or is there any hope that the developer will start to please us in terms of updates? Because this game is very popular and very high quality, it would be a shame to lose such a masterpiece or receive small updates once a year
Going by his track record, he releases two updates in a year. Each update can be from 5-30 minutes depending on how fast you read.
For this year, he released one update (Somewhere in April I think) and the other update was meant to be released about now but surpise surpise dev is nowhere to be seen.
I think we can expect some content around Hallowen/Christmas time.

About the state of development of this game unfortunately it is bad, the dev just doesn't improve on deliving updates, the only thing he is improving on is the delays in updates.
The updates themselves have dropped both in amount and quality of content and it gets more bad. I am afraid there really is no hope with this dev, he has been doing this shit for 3 years and everytime he has to make up some bullshit excuse as to why he hasn't delivered the update he said he would deiver for the 1000th time he seems to go lower than he alreday he is (Like with his infamous car crash scandal).
As long as his paycheck is not drastically cut don't expect things to improve, expect the opposite.

Wayward38

Jul 17, 2021
its called honey select unlimited
Thank you. I had honey select unlimited in 2019 and I don't remember it looking this good nor having many of those environments like the school, his house and literally everything in this visual novel. Do you know what mods were used or somewhere I can get good free one's from?

riserser

May 15, 2018
Thank you. I had honey select unlimited in 2019 and I don't remember it looking this good nor having many of those environments like the school, his house and literally everything in this visual novel. Do you know what mods were used or somewhere I can get good free one's from?
Don't remember the name, but most (or maybe all) of this game "scenes" come from the same modder that create free content for Honey select 1 and 2 (And maybe other games)
As for the "look", I know that you can tweak the lightning etc but I don't know if that's hard to do or not.

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
Don't remember the name, but most (or maybe all) of this game "scenes" come from the same modder that create free content for Honey select 1 and 2 (And maybe other games)
As for the "look", I know that you can tweak the lightning etc but I don't know if that's hard to do or not.
I've only noticed 3/4 scenes are from the modder that are in game. The non canon WA wallpaper renders are where most of them come from. Even then that's like 4/5 wallpapers. (which who cares, gives him "more time" to work on the main game.

Even if it takes 6 months xD.

Apr 2, 2018
A rule of thumbs up for pretty much anyone who thinks like this, if a dev gets their money from Patreon or similar always, ALWAYS do some research on them before handing over any money. Because there is a good chance the dev you want to donate to is just milking money and therefore your money is going to waste. Don't know about other sites but Patreon is unfortunately full of these types of people.
This is pretty much what should be the rule of thumb for anything in this community. If it comes from Patreon, odds are, it's someone who happened to have a good idea, made a really really basic prototype, got a stable following, and then stopped working. 1. These are games that will NEVER be finished, because the devs are scared of starting a new project and losing their following. 2. They're also not going to be updated very often: updates are a way of getting new subscribers, so they'll only do that when their monthly income goes below a certain threshold. 3. Lastly, the updates will never actually have any substance: these are people who just write some garbage, usually in very shoddy English because they're either Russian or some flavor of Latin American, and then slap a few still images they took on Honey Select or Koikatsu using stolen models from someone else.

Of course, there are exceptions to rules 2 and 3, and some devs actually write pretty well and have an admirable work ethic. Unfortunately, there are almost no exceptions to rule 1: these people are all amateurs, even the best of them, and they do not know how to wrap up a story. If it comes from Patreon, don't expect the story to have an ending.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes