2.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
as for troops and gold i used cheat engine to get 999 of each troop (why is my cap at 999 when i encounter enemies that have 6 or 7k of one troop) and now after 4 attacks into human lands i'm lvl30.
Noticed that some items even if they say +2 def or +1 luck do not increase those stats or the stat change is one or more moves late (i myself prefer the ability point lvl up where the player sets the points where he wants them). Also someone above mentioned spell power i think that one powers up the caster units like shaman attack or so it was in other games along with intelligence stats .
All in all my thoughts are the game is great so far just needs polishing ,not being a developer myself i can not say if it is better to do so along with adding new content or after all the content is already in the game and maybe a scene gallery would be a good idea like a little book icon in the corner of the screen you can name it "memories" or to be full orc "war trophies"
also along with option to destroy/disband troops one to sell unused equipment so that loot can be collected.
Thanks for the feedback, that's pretty crazy that you hit level 30.

If you can give me details on which equipment was causing the issue I can look into it.

I will continue to add new content and try to improve the game and add features as I go.

War of Orcs? More like Die to Wolves. Or later in the game, Die to Mages. Combat seems a little hard, maybe its just the learning curve. Maybe in the future, there can be a difficulty difference so noobs like me that need some practice can get it. Or hell maybe just add a training ground so we can practice before beating our heads against an unforgiving rock.
I'd suggest that you grab as many troops as you can at Warmaster's tent and stop by the campfire, the wolves were supposed to be sort of an entry level fight.

At some point the developer has to make a choice .....Fight or Fap... Now I'm no longer into fapping (still like the pictures (helps my blood pressure), really well done and sexy as hell) but it seems that it don't matter what you do your going to lose 40% of your army every fight, it seems to be built that way,. I can't find the save game (to mess with it) I eventually run out of troops and money. Is there any point in buying the upgrades because they don't seem to affect the troops. I really like the concept of this game, my computer dosent, it roars when I turn it on. Just don't know what I'm doing, need more control over what units I buy and exactly what the upgraded equipment does before I buy it. (had a few pints ...this post is not meant to be offensive to anyone, especially the dev. just in case I wake up in the morning see it and think, "O shit I did it again"
The enemy armies at the end of the current game's content are randomly generated and scaled to the Player's army strength, although they should be a bit weaker than the Player's army. I added these so the Player could keep doing random combat to mess around with it a bit.

The stats do make a difference, the damage dealt or received is modified by the difference of attack and defense between two units. For instance, if a unit has 8 attack and attacks an enemy with 6 defense, the difference of 2 is multiplied by 5%, so the unit would do 10% bonus damage in this case.

When luck procs it causes double damage and each point in luck increases the chance of proc. Unit crit stat will also increases luck proc chance. Each point in Morale causes morale proc chance to increase, and Morale allows for the unit to take a bonus turn.

Intelligence and spell power modify magic units damage and will be used later for combat spells.

Reactions: Nellyg

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Unfortunately this game is essentially unplayable, it takes 2 seconds to display a single line of text on my system. Trying to view the introduction is painful

Really unfortunate, everything sounded interesting!

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, that's pretty crazy that you hit level 30.

If you can give me details on which equipment was causing the issue I can look into it.

I will continue to add new content and try to improve the game and add features as I go.

I'd suggest that you grab as many troops as you can at Warmaster's tent and stop by the campfire, the wolves were supposed to be sort of an entry level fight.

The enemy armies at the end of the current game's content are randomly generated and scaled to the Player's army strength, although they should be a bit weaker than the Player's army. I added these so the Player could keep doing random combat to mess around with it a bit.

The stats do make a difference, the damage dealt or received is modified by the difference of attack and defense between two units. For instance, if a unit has 8 attack and attacks an enemy with 6 defense, the difference of 2 is multiplied by 5%, so the unit would do 10% bonus damage in this case.

When luck procs it causes double damage and each point in luck increases the chance of proc. Unit crit stat will also increases luck proc chance. Each point in Morale causes morale proc chance to increase, and Morale allows for the unit to take a bonus turn.

Intelligence and spell power modify magic units damage and will be used later for combat spells.
Got it figured now, was wasting my money on boosters and then getting them for free after a battle, instead of trooping up.
Can still be tricky but a nice way to unwind after work,
Looking forward to playing more in future(y)

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
So what exactly do they mean when they say you are a anti-hero? Do they mean you only take evil b*tches or do you take the "good girls" and do some romancin to make them fall in love with you?

citizen-x

Mar 9, 2019
Dear Ripe Banana,
I startetd to play your nice game (1.03) yesterday and played it some hours, to find out how it works.
Now I have some serious questions.

1.It seems, that when any slot either the warparty-slots or the equipment-slots are occupied then you can not receive any new partymembers or new equipment.
I used all the warparty slots to split my army before I was fighting against the goblins. When I was going to receive the 20 goblin slingshots, they went to nirvana.
That wasn't a big problem, I just did it again by using only 6 of the 7 available slots.
The bigger problem is, that I am now at level 18 and I found and bought a lot of equipment.
Now the equipmentslots are occupied aswell.
My question is, is it possible to sell, drop or otherwise get rid of unused equipment?
I couldn't find any so far.

2. For me it's not always clear, what slot some equipment is meant for.
Would be nice to see to which specific slot the items are meant to be.

3. There is a little bug on the link between equipmentslot and the attributes-display.
Each time I exchange something with a differnt item, it doesn't show the new values.
When I change back to the original, then it shows the value for the new item, not the original.
While I had still free slots in the inventory, I worked around by using a free slot, until the values where correct again.
Now this is no longer an option, because I am stuffed with stuff and no longer have free slots(see point 1)
4.Warparty attack/defense-value in brackets() = Warparty+Bulgan ?
I'm asking because speed modificators are not shown anywhere and seem not to work either.
5. When I reloaded the game today, I found that my war-tent was no longer providing goblins and wolves, as it did when i left the game yesterday.(goblins/wolves back after first fight.)

For now, it doesn' make sense to me, to continue with the game, because I "loose" all the "good" stuff after the fights,
because of no available slots.

I guess that's it for now, as I said earlier, biggest issue for now, is how to get rid of unused equipment.

I really like your game, therefore I hope that you find time to find a solution.
thx in advance

Last edited:

frapintended

Mar 10, 2018
Ripe Banana Games: Love what you have managed to do so far! I can only imagine how much time and work you put in for a already fully functional battle system like this and so many animated battle figures. Thank you!

I am a big fan of strategy games, which f95 doesen't have a lot of.
Would love to see your game expanding into a more sandbox strategy game - with multiple places and ways to attack/defend. And some sort of economic and strategic system on your gorgious map (last screenshot in this thread's first post).
Instead of the semingly random(200 available before a battle, 8 after the battle) growth of available units at the warmaster's tent this could be determined by a base stat influenced by available resources (since were on f95, this could be a amount of human milk for goblins, amazon milk for hobgoblins, human slaves for orcs, elven slaves for dark elves...)
In each region on your map you could either pillage the land, attack a settlement or besiege it, etc.
Like pillaging farmlands (weak defense, less loot[human girls for goblin growth?/resources?/gold?]) could cause nearby villages/cities/castles to weaken themself in order to send defending forces. After a while or if they see (or know beforehand) that they have no chance to win this way, they either try to counterattack your armies/bases or turtle up in their settlement.
A settlement with StrLvl 15 could have 3 farms StrLvl 1 outside. After the player pillaged a farm to 0StrLvl, the settlement sends other workers and soldiers to defend --> settlement 10StrLvl, 2 farms 2StrLvl, 1 farm 3StrLvl. After other successfull pillages the settlement could evacuate the farms to 0StrLvl, turtle up and send for help, or try to attack your raiding party directly with nearly it's full remaining StrLvl (maybe add a retreat option, with the enemy getting a whole turn with no retaliations before retreating).

Ok it's getting out of hand, I am very pleased to see this game in it's current state and to imagine what it could become with time money and work is exciting. Maybe that's not the way you want to develop it, maybe it's too much to do for single person.

I wish you the best of luck either way and hopefully with upcoming releases a lot more patreons to support you!

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
frapintended

Thank you for your comments. Yes, it was a lot of work, lol. I would not have imagined how much work it would take to build a combat system like this until I started doing it, and then it was like, holy shit... haha

Anyway, there are still some kinks to work out in terms of improving performance and eliminating bugs, I'll keep working on tightening up the code to make the combat system as solid as possible.

As for your suggestions of economic and resource management and adventure map strategic play, you've got great ideas and I definitely want to tackle some of this in the future. For now, my priority is getting the bestiary built out with all the planned units added with all their special abilities and AI implemented, continue to hone the combat system to get it working as smoothly as possible, and also add some 'combat spells / magic abilities' that can be strategically cast by the player during combat.

Due to the time budget of the above work, in order for me to get regular updates of this game out, I will probably need to stick to a somewhat more linear RPG style approach for now. However, once the systems are built, I can use them in any number of games, and I already have some sequels and other games in my head that I'd like to develop. At that point, I could tackle economies, resource management, adventure maps, settlements, and more. - And then we're really cooking.

citizen-x
Thanks for your report, I'll look into these issues.

Any chance for a mac build?
I've had a few questions about this, I'll do a Mac build for 1.0.4, I promise. ;)

Last edited:

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Unfortunately this game is essentially unplayable, it takes 2 seconds to display a single line of text on my system. Trying to view the introduction is painful

Really unfortunate, everything sounded interesting!
If you hit Esc. you can access game menu and set the typewriter speed, it can be set to nearly instant if you want.
Where do the save games go?
They should be in User/AppData/LocalLow/Ripe Banana Games/War of the Orcs

But, FYI, they're not human readable XML or JSON.

onenf

Aug 26, 2016
nice game, looking forward to story progression

recruiting needs a rebalance, after each battle i can recruit 20 orc shamans but only 4 headhunters
so after a dozen battles, i have 2 stacks of 100+ shamans but only about 80 headhunters
i also gave up recruiting cannon fodder since my shaman and goblin slinger stacks take out most enemies before they get to me
and the load game functionality seems to reset the count of available units to recruit, but only the basic 3

Reactions: Ripe Banana Games

eyal

Dec 1, 2017
Hi,
- spoiler alert -
Just to be sure - I watched the scene with the elf commander being spanked, and planned the assault of the coast to catch some amazons. Since than I can only do random battles with no progression what so ever. Am I missing anything, or is it the end of the road for this version? Thank you.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
during battles I can't attack anything. cursor disappers :( anyone knows the reason?
Did this happen more than once?

Hi,
- spoiler alert -
Just to be sure - I watched the scene with the elf commander being spanked, and planned the assault of the coast to catch some amazons. Since than I can only do random battles with no progression what so ever. Am I missing anything, or is it the end of the road for this version? Thank you.
That's the end for 1.0.3, I'm adding Amazon fighters for 1.0.4 and also designing some for renders.

Grinch008

May 23, 2017
Did this happen more than once?
This happened to me twice with the Goblin Slingers.
The first time, I managed to find and click the "Defend" button, and the cursor returned.
The second time, I decided not to move my cursor and just click where the cursor had disappeared. The Goblin Slingers then successfully attacked my target, and the cursor returned.

Alzenemint

May 14, 2018
I am very impressed with this game, especially as you developed this combat system yourself.
I wish to request the ability to see your army and gold values, maybe even what equipment you've collected. I saw someone mention that equipment can be assigned, I haven't seen that yet.
I'd think allowing an empty battlefield- or perhaps a harmless target enemy to kill might be a way to do this in the current system.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
I am very impressed with this game, especially as you developed this combat system yourself.
I wish to request the ability to see your army and gold values, maybe even what equipment you've collected. I saw someone mention that equipment can be assigned, I haven't seen that yet.
I'd think allowing an empty battlefield- or perhaps a harmless target enemy to kill might be a way to do this in the current system.
Oh yes, just click on this:

1583307069656.png

Then on the portrait:

1583307111862.png

From there you can manage your armies and equipment.

1583307140487.png

Reactions: SenPC
2.90 star(s) 13 Votes