3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
I can't get anywhere in this game. The bedroom is ALWAYS locked, nothing happens with anyone. Only played the first day and gave up because I literally can't find a way to do ANYTHING!
There really needs to be a better explanation (or one at all) how to do things. This is VERY different from other Ren'py games.
It is so simple to play.
You have the yacht exploded plans and you have the icons appearing as you advance time.

It's incredible people cannot work it out.
:(

hitman225

Sep 6, 2019
In those couple of hours I need to write dialogue (English is not my native language, so it's not that fast), setup scenes and animations, communicate with the fine people here a

"Spaced Out animations" o_O? Were they a thing? It was just a couple of images with transition between them.
I once thought that I am the only one here who not from English speaking place! You too! "We are so much in common!"

Now I understand why it suddenly came out a line like "XXXX (a body part) of yours" sometimes.

I was shocked too when I saw "Spaced Out animations". :WaitWhat:

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
I've noticed that every other week some newcomers to the game come and share their hardship to progress in the game. Of course the usual answer is along the lines of 'What the hell man, this is litterally one the most straightforward games you'll find on this site' and it sure is! Advance time until you find a star or a speech bubbble on the boat map, click away and you're done... really! I genuinely wonder what's causing this, any ideas?

Last edited:

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Well, how the hell do you sleep if you can't get in the room? How long do you have to go and where for anything to happen? It's too open to navigate. I just deleted it. I get games on torrent sites and that's how I found the ones I sponsor. Eva Kiss, Vinfamy, Stoper Art, Lust & Passion (who BETTER have some sex scenes soon or dropped) and Altos & Herdone. All MUCH easier to navigate. It has potential, but really needs some hints or such. Just advancing time is very boring. Still, what I really hate are games with RPGmaker. 90% of your time trying to find your way around a map with bad by 1980s standards graphics.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
This surprises me. You communicate in English very well!
Gracias! :ROFLMAO:

Sorry - this reminded me of one of my favorite Mr Bean scenes. Anyway, as a software developer, I need to have a working level of English, but it's limited. I prefer to read technical documentation in English rather than my native language, but on the other hand I just can't force myself to read English literature (which really shows in my dialogue writing).

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
It is so simple to play.
You have the yacht exploded plans and you have the icons appearing as you advance time.

It's incredible people cannot work it out.
:(
The reason people can't work it out is the lack of a guide at the start of the game. I'll do one when I finish the game because for now it doesn't bring any value to my current supporters. And before you say this - I know it's a bit of a 'chicken and egg' thing - maybe the lack of UI hints stops a few people from pledging so it hurts the game growth but I don't want to take content away (because time is the only resource I have and it's the limiting factor and as far as the game is concerned time == content) from my current patreons by doing stuff that won't really benefit them in the game since they obviously know how to play. The last WW update I'll do in 3 or 4 months will actually be an 'epilogue' which will tie some loose ends and will complete the Spaced Out / Water World series since I don't plan to make another game in this universe. I'm planing to start another game right after WW is complete, but it will be an independent one with no connections to SO or WW.

Back to the lack of UI hints - as I like to say when dealing with UI designers at my daily job, tits are the only natural interface - babies know what to do with them without anyone teaching them. Everything else needs some kind of tutorial, so people know what to do when they open your app/game/whatever.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
tits are the only natural interface - babies know what to do with them without anyone teaching them.
This is actually not true. Many babies have issues nursing.

Edit: judging from the facepalm(s) this has received, many of you have never known mothers driven to tears because their new bundle of joy refuses to nurse

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
:rolleyes: Like Ranger said, babies know to do, having trouble with is another thing.
They know how to suck. Some don't know how to root and find the nipple, some don't know how to latch on, some don't know how to stay latched on. "Everything else needs some kind of tutorial" - some babies need a tutorial. And some moms do too.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe just over-joking. :LOL::coffee:
There is a much more simple reason for this - I'm calling her Misty in my game, so I must've forgotten to add the variable name while writing the hints and instead written down the name I use for her.

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
So I can't get the connected quest to start at all. I see neither the star, not is just skipping days working. What am I missing?

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
So I can't get the connected quest to start at all. I see neither the star, not is just skipping days working. What am I missing?
If you're on 0.24.0, you're probably missing the 0.24.1 patch - there was a bug that new players couldn't start the last quest which was fixed and I posted a patch here. If you can't find it, here are the full links for 0.24.1:

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes