3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Cryptor

Jul 16, 2017
How this game work, i read the walktrough, but i can´t talk to any girls. only option is take a nap :sleep:
can anyone explain the system behind the gameplay ?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here is dev talk on page 24 of this thread:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As the Jester Simon pointed out ... it is grind your communication then grind your money then ...
Also... just check out last post on page 3 of this thread.

Reactions: Ranger and UncleVT

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
dap dreams 8.png

Hi all,

0.8 is (almost) progressing as expected. Most of the scenes are rendered with only the final one remaining to be done. The dialogue is also done (except for that one scene and the new mini-game with Julia). After both tasks are completed I'll start testing. During this time if there aren't many bugs, I'll extend the dynamic scene with Amelia adding new sub scenes to it.

When I started working on 0.8 I've planned to have a scene with Kayla, but it got dropped out, because it might add inconsistency with the future story. An option for Kayla's quest will be in the poll for 0.9 and you can vote for it on Patreon. 0.8 will include scenes with Linda and Daphnee, Barbara (one scene with you and another with Mia), a massage event with Catherine and a new Liar's Dice mini-game with Julia.

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017

Remember that in 0.3 you installed a trojan on Barbara's computer? Well... what good is it if you can't occasionally spy on the girls while they are having fun? And believe me, those two know what 'fun' is.

buff

May 29, 2017
OK, so I've spent 3 days clicking on every room with a girl in it because I have to talk to "Sophie." Nothing. Problem is there is no way to tell who the hell Sophie is; no hover text, no character lists, nothing. Was I supposed to memorize all 14 characters during the prologue? I'd have taken notes if I'd know there'd be a test later.

Edit: OK, apparently you're supposed to stay in the map screen and forward the time until icons pop up, then click those.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
OK, so I've spent 3 days clicking on every room with a girl in it because I have to talk to "Sophie." Nothing. Problem is there is no way to tell who the hell Sophie is; no hover text, no character lists, nothing. Was I supposed to memorize all 14 characters during the prologue? I'd have taken notes if I'd know there'd be a test later.

Edit: OK, apparently you're supposed to stay in the map screen and forward the time until icons pop up, then click those.
Or you can hover over the face icons in the map screen and you'll see the girl's name at the top right of the screen. And if you click on the icon, you'll go straight to her location instead of going through the second map screen.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Great tips for game play:

1-> stay in the map screen and forward the time until icons pop up, then click those.

2-> hover over the face icons in the map screen and you'll see the girl's name at the top right of the screen

3-> click on the icon, you'll go straight to her location

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
OP Updated
That was fast :LOL:

Guys, I rushed this a bit because I want to have a few days before the end of the month to fix bugs and also to release on the weekend, so you can enjoy the game. This version has slightly less new screens because nVidia fucked up their drivers and broke the OptiX for the beta version on the Daz Studio, which I use for rendering. I've lost some time to figure out what was causing it and to revert the drivers which took a hit on the images I was able to produce.

Have fun with the game and report any bugs you might find. The bug in the liar's dice where your opponent bets on the same number of dice as you is NOT fixed. I've spent some time looking for the cause but couldn't find anything and to be honest, debugging RenPy / Python is a nightmare. I have 10+ years of experience as a developer and I feel like a junior using logs to debug stuff. I'll continue looking for the bug and hopefully it will be fixed in either a hotfix version (if something critical is found in 0.8), or in 0.9

@the66 sorry, I didn't have the time to go through the history workaround for android ports :(. I'll need more time on this.

Reactions: UncleVT and hideouz

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
What is the purpose of the IC patch in this game? The MC's like in a parallel dimension and the young woman that resembles his mom isn't his biological mother. Just wondering?:unsure:

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
What is the purpose of the IC patch in this game? The MC's like in a parallel dimension and the young woman that resembles his mom isn't his biological mother. Just wondering?:unsure:
No - from what is revealed so far, in the Patreon version of the game, the original Amelia from Spaced Out is referred as MC's boss. In this universe Lana's father did not marry Amelia and when Lana went to the station, she met Amelia's son and had a baby - Amelia you see on the ship. So in the Patreon's version Amelia is your boss'es granddaughter, and in the patched version she is (kind-of, because you are from another universe) your daughter.

Reactions: Paprika

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
No - from what is revealed so far, in the Patreon version of the game, the original Amelia from Spaced Out is referred as MC's boss. In this universe Lana's father did not marry Amelia and when Lana went to the station, she met Amelia's son and had a baby - Amelia you see on the ship. So in the Patreon's version Amelia is your boss'es granddaughter, and in the patched version she is (kind-of, because you are from another universe) your daughter.
Thanks, so does that make the MC his own grandpa!:LOL:

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
how do i get food to eat, is there a good walkthrough that would help cause the walkthrough that is here doesnt help much

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes