3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
I got a good feeling about this game eventually being good, currently there is not enough content for it to be good just yet.

Alright so just did a full playthough of the "spaced out" game. That is the prequel to this. This game starts off where that game ends off.

Just played through all of 0.1 of waterworld as well.

Currently this is mostly just an intro.

There are 3 things you gotta keep up in waterworld in order to interact. Hunger, energy, and hygeine. If any drops below 10 it says "you are too hungry" or "you are too tired" or "you need a bath" Eating, and napping can be done whenever but sometimes you gotta wait for a girl to get out of the bath before you have one yourself. Keeping these 3 stats up when looking for the next thing is annoying to maintain them up always because if you fast forward to wait you drop stats (unless you fast forward by eating, napping, bathing)

I'm unsure if the Amelia in this game is your mom from previous game, same name same character model. One thing that pissed me off is in her introduction and in talking to her you still don't know what she is. (Others are identified as the dean, the captian, professors, students, crew ect... Got no clue if she Amelia is a student, teacher whatever)

I like how they got the "i" at the top of the screen for a hint, but I dislike how it doesn't say when. (for instance it will say something like "Yvette tans topless, look at her from above" It would be nice if they said exactly where & when the window to be a place is. I mean the yacht has 7 decks crawling with 14 girls...

Photos of girls are tiny little thumbnails too, and I'm not remembering 14 names so quick.

When there is more content it would be nice if there was a mod for this game that says hunger, energy, and hygene always = full. Because those 3 stats do nothing but annoy me because 1 day is broken down into 12 segments so fast forwarding 10/12 of a day drop all these to 0 from maxed. It's nice to have that "realism" factor but in adding a large amount of "tedious"

Overall the game has a solid start, and good intro, great graphics too, and a more original than most story concept. At the same time though there is a lot of tedious and uneeded stuff, a lot of the girls you see you can't talk much to, or only at certain times, and it's still a very early version so not much playtime.

If this game fills up with tons more content & there is a way to bipass the eat/sleep/shower cycle it's going to kick ass big time. Until then though it has a lot of work to be done before it's a lot of fun. The fact that there are 14 girls somewhat concerns me as well. I assume all or most will be fuckable at some point, maybe an orgy... The problem with SO MANY girls in the game is I get the feeling that it may be some rough patches in waiting for more content of a girl you may like who is not a main focus.
I think the young Amelia being the future mother of Greg (Mc) ..
She even comments that she likes the name ..
But not that Mc (Greg)that we know, (I think technically does not count as incest tag too :closedeyesmile:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Space Out is a good game, the renderings are good and history has its high points .. (many were annoyed with the ending, but the idea was not to finish but to continue one more chapter ..)

If repair, had a major improvement in graphics quality compared to Space Out ..
Now....unfortunately... the author has the habit of grinding ..
But what's the point of grinding if most people end up using cheat or editing save?
Lessons were learned in Space Out and Water World is a new beginning ..:FuckYea:

Reactions: BubaJ

johnbords8877

Jul 31, 2018
i tried it out already. the renders seem pretty good so far as were the ones in spaced out but just like others have mentioned the way spaced out went was a big disappointment. the movement on the ship could use a little work as in when you back out of an area you have to go back to the main map of the ship instead of just back to it when backing out of a room. also has anyone gotten anywhere in this "game" yet? i've tried passing time going to every area that shows someone and i'm able to get to and don't see any indications of actions . not even a hover over color change when mousing over an NPC that is clearly on screen.

maybe it's just a rough first version getting the layout/npcs in order and such? just hoping it goes better than spaced out.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
i tried it out already. the renders seem pretty good so far as were the ones in spaced out but just like others have mentioned the way spaced out went was a big disappointment. the movement on the ship could use a little work as in when you back out of an area you have to go back to the main map of the ship instead of just back to it when backing out of a room. also has anyone gotten anywhere in this "game" yet? i've tried passing time going to every area that shows someone and i'm able to get to and don't see any indications of actions . not even a hover over color change when mousing over an NPC that is clearly on screen.

maybe it's just a rough first version getting the layout/npcs in order and such? just hoping it goes better than spaced out.
Currently it has only one story line and you can get hints of what you are supposed to do by pressing the 'i' icon. I had only a month to do 0.1 and the amount of work needed for the coding, dialogue and to get (almost) all the locations both empty and populated, the characters wearing different clothing and the pictures needed for the introduction and the story line was just too much to have a second story line in v 0.1. 0.2 will have more story lines and options to interact with the girls because almost all the time I have for it, will be focused on this.

Can you please be more specific about the navigation ux? Currently if you want to go from your bedroom to the pool for example, you have to hit the location button, it takes you to the main nav screen, then you choose level 4, then the pool. If you hit back on any of the nav screens, it takes you to the screen you were before. How do you propose the navigation to be?

Reactions: BubaJ and Centurion

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Navigation UI: finer resolution "map" on the ship overview so you could directly go to places?
And the little face icons should have "alt" tag with the names, i have problems to recognise the girls. So when you hover over a face, the name should pop up.

Reactions: Ranger

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
I think the game has a lot of potential. I wasn't really into Spaced Out, but this game has me pretty intrigued so far. I'll follow this for another version or two but if things start to unfold in a way I dig, I'll definitely pledge some shekels.

Some thoughts:

-Not much storyline yet, but that's forgivable for a 0.1.
-Seems a good amount of foundation work was done to populate most of the rooms, even if there isn't much to do yet besides look.
-Renders are all above average, it's a good looking game.
-The variety in women is excellent. A little something for almost everyone's tastes.
-Hopefully there are some random events mixed in with the occupied rooms. Spaced Out could have used some filler to occupy the time between story events. I think random events can help to build a story and allow for some build-up that will lead to a better pay-off.
-I dunno most of the girls names yet, but fuck, Sophie is cute.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Navigation UI: finer resolution "map" on the ship overview so you could directly go to places?
And the little face icons should have "alt" tag with the names, i have problems to recognise the girls. So when you hover over a face, the name should pop up.
The idea with the girls names if definitely good and I will do that in 0.2. As for direct navigation, I have my doubts that it can be done. It's not just about the zones, it should also place the girls in the appropriate locations and on a single map, they are too close. I have an idea that would ease the navigation, but I'm worried that it might be confusing, so I need to try it out to see how it works.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
i do like the game thus far, the renders are awesome so are the character designs the only down
right now for me is that its a bit complicated to understand whats going on and what you need to do

MasterLogan

Apr 10, 2018
the game is promising...that's obvious but this version is twohl...

i mean... Greg is trying to see boobs he has already seen at the beginning...huge expectations for size(700+mb)
few things you've got

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
the game is promising...that's obvious but this version is twohl...

i mean... Greg is trying to see boobs he has already seen at the beginning...huge expectations for size(700+mb)
few things you've got
Yep - I published two versions: one ~700MB and one JPEG compressed to about ~200MB. Don't know why whoever shared it here chose the big one. Anyway, the images for the locations are many, which leads to the size and also it took a lot of time to render them, leaving not so much for the story. Fortunately this helps for the second version which will have several plot lines with different girls.

Aug 16, 2017
The idea with the girls names if definitely good and I will do that in 0.2. As for direct navigation, I have my doubts that it can be done. It's not just about the zones, it should also place the girls in the appropriate locations and on a single map, they are too close. I have an idea that would ease the navigation, but I'm worried that it might be confusing, so I need to try it out to see how it works.

personally I think the navigation is a plus. doing it another way could lead to longer movement to new locations and with so many girls and locations to visit, later on this would be overkill on the mouse button and will put many off.

the fundamentals are great

get the story straight with plenty of scenes to unlock and options for shenanigans with ALL the women and you could be onto a real decent game. just don't lose interest half way through like it seems happened during spaced out

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
personally I think the navigation is a plus. doing it another way could lead to longer movement to new locations and with so many girls and locations to visit, later on this would be overkill on the mouse button and will put many off.

the fundamentals are great

get the story straight with plenty of scenes to unlock and options for shenanigans with ALL the women and you could be onto a real decent game. just don't lose interest half way through like it seems happened during spaced out
I didn't loose interest in Spaced Out. As I've explained before, I wanted to end it on my terms rather than someone else pulling the plug. It was my first game (and first experience with python), so it wasn't ready to be 'fixed' like other games did and also there were some serious mistakes in the coding, that could've caused troubles later on.

If the ending seemed a bit rush, that probably because it was. I've never wanted for Spaced Out to go on 'forever' so it was definitely coming to an end. The issue was that I could've used a couple of months more for that, but due to various reasons I decided it's best to start Water World during the summer (less pressure on my job, etc.). You are all probably tired of hearing this, but the amount of work for the first version was huge.

As for the navigation, I'm thinking on the first (global) nav screen where you see the decks and the girls on each of them, to be able to go straight to a girl wherever she is by clicking on her icon. I'll have to actually do it and see if this can be done, but I guess it would be nice and useful.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes