3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
View attachment 447154

0.17 progress update

Hi all,

I've finished the scenes for the quest part of 0.17 and I've started working on extending the repeatable events. The three scenes with Amelia that are part of the quest have 14 animations and I think will definitely make up for the lack of animations in the previous version. I think that releasing next weekend is achievable - maybe even a day or two sooner if there aren't any major issues during testing.
thank you dev you are doing an amazing job

Reactions: Ranger

KnightMarco

Jul 8, 2017
Ranger found a bug when using history

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 916, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 923, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 449, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 458, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 461, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 467, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 470, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 486, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 497, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 927, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 929, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 932, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 946, in execute
NameError: Name 'beeeeeep' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\core.py", line 3049, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\core.py", line 521, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\core.py", line 521, in visit_all
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\core.py", line 3049, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 458, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 461, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 467, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 470, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 486, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 497, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 927, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 929, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 932, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 946, in execute
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\text\text.py", line 1392, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\text\text.py", line 1492, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\substitutions.py", line 244, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "D:\Video Game\Water World 0.16.0\renpy\substitutions.py", line 203, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'beeeeeep' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.0.882
Water World 0.16.0
Tue Nov 05 22:21:33 2019

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
jacuzziso sc sorbc 2 11.png

Hi all,

The renders for 0.17 are done but few need some fixing like the lighting on the above image. This should not take long and will not affect the extension of the scenes since the pose is done and I can write the script while my computer does the rendering. Anyway, I've ran the new quest and there aren't any major issues (with the exception of the code for increasing Amelia's 'horny' level still missing, but it shouldn't take that long to write).

I hope to be able to release either on Friday or Saturday and start planning for the next version. It will focus mainly on the young Amelia.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Is there a gallery of some kind in the game?
Yep - open the quest help (the 'i' button) and when you click on a quest, you'll be taken to a list of scenes for that quest. If they are completed, you'll be able to watch them again.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
General Hint :
If you use the Cheat (Freeze Stats) which allows to play without sleeping, etc., and the game seems to no longer progress with some of the newer quests : some (quest) events require to sleep at night in the cabin.

(Maybe the dev could add a star symbol with hint to the cabin so players won't miss the progress.)

D

Deleted member 45040

General Hint :
If you use the Cheat (Freeze Stats) which allows to play without sleeping, etc., and the game seems to no longer progress with some of the newer quests : some (quest) events require to sleep at night in the cabin.

(Maybe the dev could add a star symbol with hint to the cabin so players won't miss the progress.)

Or maybe you could just stop hitting the skip button aimlessly and go sleep in bed.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
i dont play this game for the story(Mess) anymore, just for the Girls and Art of Sex

Stop with the Grind Fest, Dev

SupermanikSol

Nov 15, 2018
I was a big fan of this game until it stopped working for me. I encountered a glitch in the quest availability screen and I can't see myself rolling back to an earlier point or starting over. Time to move on from this one for now. Maybe I'll come back to it when it's 100% finished.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
General Hint :

Icons on the map aren't "added" - all the locations are checked for events and quests that fulfill their criteria at this point of time and if there are any that do, their respective symbol is shown. Steps that require sleep can't be marked that way because the quest itself is "locked" at that point (the check for availability always returns 'false') and a 'night visit' is added at the start of the list which means it will be called first when you sleep (provided you fulfill all the other criteria e.g. Amelia's 'horny' level). The night visits are hidden on the map because well... if you are on the map, you're not sleeping, so you are not fulfilling the conditions for a night visit and also night visits won't come up as quest stars because as far as the code is concerned night visits are not quests.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
There are maybe a little bug..
Missing image "Sorbe Smiling not found" after sex with horny amelia then meet rebeacce and get this missing image in bathroom.

edit.: one more "flirting smiling not found"

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
There are maybe a little bug..
Missing image "Sorbe Smiling not found" after sex with horny amelia then meet rebeacce and get this missing image in bathroom.

edit.: one more "flirting smiling not found"
please attach a save at this point

hitman225

Sep 6, 2019
Hi Ranger, I just tried that new 0.17 uodate. Wonderful as always. But I couldn't find how to end up with [hypocrite sc fin 11]. It should happen in the bedroom, but I just find a way to trigger it out. Is it about choosing Mom path or Rbc path earlier in the game? Thanks.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes