3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Probably in a minority, but I'm looking forward to progress with Catherine. Older women/authority figures + tsundere character is an ideal combo for me. But even if that happens, it's probably a long way down the line, given the setting. Promising game; the setup for the maps and the UI is very cool and intuitive, and the grind doesn't seem bad at all so far. Main thing that could use improvement is that (going by Emma's scene) the animation could be a little more dynamic/impactful, so you feel the 'hit' better.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What with all those devs using tons of endless loop nowadays ? It's messy, time consuming, it completely break the rollback, and, more than anything else, I still didn't found one that wasn't totally useless and can't be replaced by some proper Ren'py code.

So, @Ranger , please change this messy thing:
Code:
label wait:
    window hide
    show screen gui_actions

jump action_wait

label action_wait:
    pause
    jump action_wait
By this correct one :
Code:
label wait:
    window hide             # probably not event needed
    call screen gui_actions
    jump expression _return
Then make your "gui_actions" screen return instead of jump :
Code:
screen gui_actions:
    [...]
        imagebutton:
    [...]
            action Return("show_quest_help")
    [...]
It will do exactly the same thing, except that it will be bug free. No more game crashing, by example, because the player just wanted to explore the ship and so gone to an empty place.

Then also correct your "s_quests_ui" screen, starting by its opening :
Code:
label show_quest_help:
    hide window
    hide screen gui_actions
    $quest_text = QuestTuple("", "")
    show screen s_quests_ui
    jump action_wait

label close_quest_screen:
    hide screen s_quests_ui
    jump go_to_location
replaced by this :
Code:
label show_quest_help:
    hide window                        # probably not event needed
    hide screen gui_actions        # probably not event needed
    $quest_text = QuestTuple("", "")
    call screen s_quests_ui
    jump go_to_location
Then remove all the useless "action Jump("action_wait")" in the screen itself.
Once again it will do exactly the same thing, without the bug and the rollback breaking part.

The "s_quests_ui" screen can also benefit from the screen statement (with the help of the screen action) but well, it don't break the game, so do as you want.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
What with all those devs using tons of endless loop nowadays ? It's messy, time consuming, it completely break the rollback, and, more than anything else, I still didn't found one that wasn't totally useless and can't be replaced by some proper Ren'py code.

First of all, thank you for the time and effort you decided to spend in order to optimize the code.

That being said, I won't implement those changes for one simple reason - I don't understand them. We've all been there in the early stages of our careers when we needed help in order to do stuff, searched StackOverflow, found a solution that we don't fully understand, copy/pasted it and when time comes to enhance it, we find ourselves in a shitty mess. I'm 100% sure that the proposed code works, but neither RenPy nor Python are my main languages (I'm not even script oriented, but rather an OOP kind of guy), so when I'll have to change something in those screens the results won't be pretty. I don't find the concept of rollback suitable for the so-called 'sandbox' games, so the fact that it is broken is a desired side-effect. Also if you encounter any crash (I couldn't reproduce the one that you mentioned where the game crashes if you go to an empty location), please provide the crashlog, so I can fix it in a way that I can understand and support later on.

Again, I don't doubt your experience and knowledge of RenPy and Python - it obviously exceeds mine and because of this very fact, I know you will understand my motive not to take advantage of it.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That being said, I won't implement those changes for one simple reason - I don't understand them.
That is a fair reason.
The documentation is wrote by a coder, so not necessarily clear enough sometime, but you can give it a try if you want. The part regarding the called screen is .

Also if you encounter any crash (I couldn't reproduce the one that you mentioned where the game crashes if you go to an empty location), please provide the crashlog,
I haven't did it because they are really useless in this particular case :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/timer.rpy", line 71, in script
label action_wait:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/timer.rpy", line 71, in script
label action_wait:
File "E:\__adult\games\_\_to see\Water World - 0.2.0\renpy\execution.py", line 58, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.
Only the line in the timer.rpy file change (between 71 and 73), because it's a matter of nano second (execution of the script) while the infinite loop watchdog itself works with micro seconds only. So, sometime it react at the first line of the loop, other times at another line.

Reactions: Ranger

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
That is a fair reason.
The documentation is wrote by a coder, so not necessarily clear enough sometime, but you can give it a try if you want. The part regarding the called screen is .

I haven't did it because they are really useless in this particular case :

Only the line in the timer.rpy file change (between 71 and 73), because it's a matter of nano second (execution of the script) while the infinite loop watchdog itself works with micro seconds only. So, sometime it react at the first line of the loop, other times at another line.
Cool, I'll have a look at that.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
nice renders. 15 beautyful ladies and MC. Loads of possibilaties. So waiting for some strong story.
So a walkthrough would be nice since you have to be at a certain place at a certain time.
If you remember all the names and the (in the round pics on the map) faces they belong to, you should be able to find the right things to do.
note: there are more things you can do than just the the things in the (I) button I think....
all considderations together make this a worthwile game

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
nice renders. 15 beautyful ladies and MC. Loads of possibilaties. So waiting for some strong story.
So a walkthrough would be nice since you have to be at a certain place at a certain time.
If you remember all the names and the (in the round pics on the map) faces they belong to, you should be able to find the right things to do.
note: there are more things you can do than just the the things in the (I) button I think....
all considderations together make this a worthwile game
Actually, you don't usually need to be 'at a certain place at a certain time'. Most of the triggers require you to be (alone) with a certain character but the place/time doesn't matter. In 0.2 when you hover over a character on the map, it tells you her name and location and if you click, you go straight there skipping the second step of the navigation.

As for the things you can do which are not included in the 'I' button - they are not that many yet, but there will be more :). I'll try to make a walkthrough for 0.3 if there is time for that (I'm just one guy writing the story and dialogues and making the images and animations in my free time and it's a bit overwhelming). I also plan some improvements to the UI but we'll see if I can manage to finish them for 0.3.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Actually, you don't usually need to be 'at a certain place at a certain time'. Most of the triggers require you to be (alone) with a certain character but the place/time doesn't matter. In 0.2 when you hover over a character on the map, it tells you her name and location and if you click, you go straight there skipping the second step of the navigation.

As for the things you can do which are not included in the 'I' button - they are not that many yet, but there will be more :). I'll try to make a walkthrough for 0.3 if there is time for that (I'm just one guy writing the story and dialogues and making the images and animations in my free time and it's a bit overwhelming). I also plan some improvements to the UI but we'll see if I can manage to finish them for 0.3.
Thx for the explination. I didn't know that there was a shortcut in going directly towarts the next possibility.
If you are overwhelmed and in need in some helping hand, drop me a line and I will gladly help you if I can...
Keep up the good work! And I'm sure this will be a great novel

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Hey @Krull could you make a fan sig for this game too when you have time? I don't know if they works for fan sig but here is some pictures from the patreon page and 1 extra lol
Fan Sig:
ww-fan1.gif ww-fan2.gif ww-fan3.gif ww-fan4.gif ww-fan5.gif ww-fanx.gif

Links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162032_ww-fan1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162033_ww-fan2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162034_ww-fan3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162035_ww-fan4.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162036_ww-fan5.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/12/491934_ww-fanx.gif

Last edited:

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
ammmm how can i talk with thhe characters?
Short answer - you can't yet.
Long answer - the conversation system and the stats system is in place, so once the game picks up speed, I'll start implementing stuff. Initially the plan was to have events progress if you reach a certain level with a character, but this would add too much grind, so now what I'm planning to do is to have some kind of conversation 'mini-game' (this will save me the time to write dialogues and will spare you from reading/skipping through the same lines of text) and the stats system will unlock 'easter eggs' in the game. This way, you can skip that part (if you don't like mini-games) and still progress on the story.

Reactions: Canto Forte

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
How the hell do you do anything in this game? I have been stuck on Yvette for 2 patches lol. SPy on her at the pool above sure...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Canto Forte
U

User_801245

How the hell do you do anything in this game? I have been stuck on Yvette for 2 patches lol. SPy on her at the pool above sure...
same here no idea what to do i just gave up . Can already see theres going on to much with so many woman to seduce

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes