ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
First, I believe those are two different things. I don't know what netorase actually means, but from what I read it probably means something in the direction of "sharing someone". Netorare means that a romantic interest (doesn't have to be in any kind of relationship) gets stolen from the protagonist. Netori is that the protagonist steals a romantic interest from another person.

Second, read again what I linked from the official tag rules. I can't do anything about what the tag rules define, so talk to the staff if you have anything against their definition.

Lastly, I happened to see this game being tagged as ntr and speak up since it wasn't pointed out yet nor removed. It can just take a person who read the tag rules to overlook a game that wrongly uses it.
Just a guess, but maybe the tag is often used as if the male person is the main character, but it's from the perspective of the female person who gets stolen. In other words, the story is revealing what the other person doesn't even know of, which is often the case for netorare. In that sense someone gets stolen, but isn't stealing, so it gets tagged as ntr aka netorare.
The thing is, NTR has been given this narrow definition because the way people write it is so narrow. There is no exploration or experimentation in how NTR can be less shit. Not all NTR has to be a tragedy. For example, if a man's wife is raped and then he and his wife team up to destroy the rapist life and succeed, getting him disgraced, humiliated, and pretty much ruin the rapist's life, while the husband and wife go on to live a long happy life together. That is technically NTR.

This story is NTR, it just isn't the NTR people are used to. People are used to NTR being the same dickhead stealing the same stupid girl from the same spineless coward. This isn't that shitty cookie cutter story, so people aren't sure what to make of it.

"An NTR story that results in a harem for the MC? Is this possible?" Yes, yes it is.

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
Just a guess, but maybe the tag is often used as if the male person is the main character, but it's from the perspective of the female person who gets stolen. In other words, the story is revealing what the other person doesn't even know of, which is often the case for netorare. In that sense someone gets stolen, but isn't stealing, so it gets tagged as ntr aka netorare.
What you're suggesting doesn't make sense, main character and protagonist are the same person, if you control female character then female character is both - in netorare just has a boyfriend to cheat on. Also, according to the rules you've posted technically ALL of those games are mislabeled as NTR (since boyfriend is cucked, and he's not the MC): https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/tags=258,392 (count the ones without multiple protagonists)

First, I believe those are two different things. I don't know what netorase actually means, but from what I read it probably means something in the direction of "sharing someone". Netorare means that a romantic interest (doesn't have to be in any kind of relationship) gets stolen from the protagonist. Netori is that the protagonist steals a romantic interest from another person.
Netorase means literally "voluntary netorare", it means the cucked character wants to be cucked. Therefore it is a subgenre of netorare. It doesn't have to include any actual stealing (in fact most of the games with netorase don't).

Last edited:

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
The thing is, NTR has been given this narrow definition because the way people write it is so narrow. There is no exploration or experimentation in how NTR can be less shit. Not all NTR has to be a tragedy. For example, if a man's wife is raped and then he and his wife team up to destroy the rapist life and succeed, getting him disgraced, humiliated, and pretty much ruin the rapist's life, while the husband and wife go on to live a long happy life together. That is technically NTR.

This story is NTR, it just isn't the NTR people are used to. People are used to NTR being the same dickhead stealing the same stupid girl from the same spineless coward. This isn't that shitty cookie cutter story, so people aren't sure what to make of it.

"An NTR story that results in a harem for the MC? Is this possible?" Yes, yes it is.
I haven't played the game yet (I will), so point out if I missed anything.
From just the OP, the wife shares the MC, so technically there is no netorare aka stealing, which the tag rules define as ntr.
And what you explain is exactly what I mean, NTR is an abbreviation, but there are always misconceptions behind the meaning, one example being that most know NTR just as netorare, like this site uses it, but it actually also includes netori and netorase, which have a different meaning.

What you're suggesting doesn't make sense, main character and protagonist are the same person, if you control female character then female character is both - in netorare just has a boyfriend to cheat on. Also, according to the rules you've posted technically ALL of those games are mislabeled as NTR (since boyfriend is cucked, and he's not the MC): https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/tags=258,392

Netorase means literally "voluntary netorare", it means the cucked character wants to be cucked. Therefore it is a subgenre of netorare.
I said "as if", not that it actually is the case. I said it just as a guess for why people tag it for most games even though technically it shouldn't apply. I personally don't care that much about it so I don't point it out, I don't play most of those games anyway so I have no reason to go into their threads (I just saw this game in latest updates, it just depends whether I check a game out or not, so it just happened that I checked this for some reason).

And cucking is not stealing, those are different things. Netorare and Netori are about stealing a love interest, not about cucking. Cucking is a sub-genre. And like I said, I don't know what netorase acutally means, just that it goes into the "direction" of "sharing someone". That also doesn't really sound like cucking to me.
Edit: Well, I am not used to the word since I avoid it, but I think there is a difference between just sharing someone and actually cucking someone.

Edit2: I don't want this to escalate into a heated discussion (there have been already enough anyway). I just stated my opinion about it, what I understood from what others said, and what the tag rules define. With this I won't say anything more regarding the topic of what NTR means.

Last edited:

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
And cucking is not stealing, those are different things. Netorare and Netori are about stealing a love interest, not about cucking. Cucking is a sub-genre. And like I said, I don't know what netorase acutally means, just that it goes into the "direction" of "sharing someone". That also doesn't really sound like cucking to me.
Let's look up VNDB definitions then, shall we.

: " Netorare (寝取られ) is a sexual fetish designed to cause sexual jealousy by way of having the heroine indulge in sexual activity with someone other than the protagonist. "
Note that it doesn't mention actual stealing of any kind, in fact it perfectly describes cucking.

: "Netorase:

This kind of netorare is orchestrated by the deliberate actions (or inaction) of the protagonist.

The heroine wouldn't willingly cheat on the protagonist, but he intentionally manipulates the situation so that she will end up raped by other men, or just flat out convinces/orders her to have sex with them. Either he does this for personal gain (selling his girlfriend for money or using her to obtain blackmail materials on someone), wants to push the heroine away, or he enjoys such a situation where the heroine has sex with other men.

Aliases:
Voluntary NTR
Voluntary Netorare"

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Let's look up VNDB definitions then, shall we.
I know I said I didn't want to add anything anymore, but you probably didn't read it since it was an edit, so I'll just add one more thought.
It's one of many definitions, whether it is correct or not is another thing. Just because it is one definition doesn't mean I have to believe that it is correct (just an example, this site uses ntr only as netorare).

And I'll just add what I edited into the last post:
I don't want this to escalate into a heated discussion (there have been already enough anyway). I just stated my opinion about it, what I understood from what others said, and what the tag rules define. With this I won't say anything more regarding the topic of what NTR means.

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
I know I said I didn't want to add anything anymore, but you probably didn't read it since it was an edit, so I'll just add one more thought.
It's one of many definitions, whether it is correct or not is another thing. Just because it is one definition doesn't mean I have to believe that it is correct (just an example, this site uses ntr only as netorare).
You don't have to believe anything, you're disagreeing with it because agreeing would make your previous statements look incorrect, and no one wants to be wrong on the internet.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
i liked this, if you want to make a sequel or add more scenes
I was thinking of a sequel, a small time skip to where the 5 girls are more "established" to where they are no longer shy and just getting to know each other but sex has become a regular thing. Then I can add in 4 more girls and rather than it being about a group feeling out what it means to be sex friends, the new girls join and get culture shock from joining a group of sex-friends who have been having sex for weeks.

CharaStudio-2020-08-29-15-52-04-Render.png
CharaStudio-2020-08-29-22-02-27-Render.png
CharaStudio-2020-08-29-22-05-52-Render.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: V&M

Partomatic

Aug 9, 2019
I thought i would love this game. But when i saw the wife crying, it was an instant boner killer. Guess it is not my thing. Good luck to the dev.

Reactions: hotmike

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Dude, how I love it
Figure the best way would be to have a black screen that outright says "Part Two." So, rather than trying to smoothly integrate new scenes and new characters into an established story, I just make it clear that this is a sequel, and hopefully a good sequel that rather than wallowing in part one I hope to use part one as a jumping off point to tell a new story.

I suppose I could put it out as a patch which adds not only the new content but also a menu to skip straight to part two.

Reactions: crypto and V&M

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
personally if this game becomes constant girl on girl action I will lose interest if it is skipable in some way whatever I will be ok with it. I like your game but I have already skipped threw parts of several scenes because girl on girl is the same as man man to me ick yuck vomit. I very much did not like the strap on... hell I hated it.

Reactions: GrannyJuices

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I was thinking of a sequel, a small time skip to where the 5 girls are more "established" to where they are no longer shy and just getting to know each other but sex has become a regular thing. Then I can add in 4 more girls and rather than it being about a group feeling out what it means to be sex friends, the new girls join and get culture shock from joining a group of sex-friends who have been having sex for weeks.

View attachment 793011
View attachment 793024
View attachment 793034
Ran out of reactions. But I think its an awesome idea. Man I truly hope you find success this is a fetish that I love and is too rare. Ty and again best of luck

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

View attachment 793011
View attachment 793024
View attachment 793034
Sounds good. As I said in my review of your game, it is an excellent start and you are to be commended for putting out a complete product in one installment. You might also want to take a look at Solvalley School which is another game where the MC has multiple sex partners that continue to grow throughout the series. It may give you an idea of how other game designers have approached the situation of adding sex partners over time.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017

View attachment 793011
View attachment 793024
View attachment 793034
can't wait :D

3.90 star(s) 32 Votes