4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
After I saw the introduction, I knew what was coming, and the tags confirmed it.

Downloading this now and can't wait to play!

Looks good!

20meiki92

Donor
Feb 23, 2019
There might be a WT mod after the rework is finished but it doesn´t make really sense to make one now because the modder would need to rework it completly after the rework of the game.

And the written WT worked perfectly fine till the end of the 0.5 part for me and I also heard that the dev won´t update it to 0.6 because everything changes after the rework.

But to be honest even if the choices in the 0.6 part would have a lasting effect ( which they don´t have because you need to start new with the next update maybe even to depending on how he will publish the rework ) they are just choices if you trust person A and one is if you want to score a point with person a, b or c.

These answers don´t have a big influence at the moment how the 0.6 part goes depends only on your past choices.

Reactions: frodoneo

merlin_2244

Apr 11, 2020
i played through the 6.0 full release after playing the beta and is it just me or is it missing the scene in the forest with Dana where mc tells he you need her for the rape trial, it just jumps from giving her a darker look back to camp with all the girls ?

20meiki92

Donor
Feb 23, 2019
i played through the 6.0 full release after playing the beta and is it just me or is it missing the scene in the forest with Dana where mc tells he you need her for the rape trial, it just jumps from giving her a darker look back to camp with all the girls ?
Did you share the night with Dana during the camping trip? Because if yes them MC told her already there and if not than you somehow skipped it or it´s a new bug because it was there in all my runs.
Did you use any 3rd party modification? And did you start new or did you use a save from the beta?

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Beginning of chapter 6...

Holy cow. Iunno i think it's a wonderful story telling. At first i was skeptical about the direction, but as soon as ch 6 started it delve into anxieties, incestious, criminal planning, and heart felt moments. I actually felt like it was a show...

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
There might be a WT mod after the rework is finished but it doesn´t make really sense to make one now because the modder would need to rework it completly after the rework of the game.

And the written WT worked perfectly fine till the end of the 0.5 part for me and I also heard that the dev won´t update it to 0.6 because everything changes after the rework.

But to be honest even if the choices in the 0.6 part would have a lasting effect ( which they don´t have because you need to start new with the next update maybe even to depending on how he will publish the rework ) they are just choices if you trust person A and one is if you want to score a point with person a, b or c.

These answers don´t have a big influence at the moment how the 0.6 part goes depends only on your past choices.
If what you say is true, then that's very poor design and progression plan. The reason Ren'py games are popular is their ease in developing them (I'm not a dev, just from reading from many devs who post here) and their version based continuity. If the dev is constantly updating artwork/ update and previous saves won't work, I don't see how and why recent players would like to stick with this game. Reputed devs (like NLT) even with their RPGM had maintained continuity of saves throughout the releases. If the dev can't make the old saves work, at least make a chapter-based selection available and set the player on the current chapter based on key game choices from the previous chapter. OrbOrigin did it seamlessly, I think Oceanlab should take a hint too.

merlin_2244

Apr 11, 2020
Did you share the night with Dana during the camping trip? Because if yes them MC told her already there and if not than you somehow skipped it or it´s a new bug because it was there in all my runs.
Did you use any 3rd party modification? And did you start new or did you use a save from the beta?
it's a new start and I do get it when i spend the night with Dana but i was expcting to see you ask her in the forest if you spent the night with any of the other girls like it was in the 6.0 beta

20meiki92

Donor
Feb 23, 2019
If what you say is true, then that's very poor design and progression plan. The reason Ren'py games are popular is their ease in developing them (I'm not a dev, just from reading from many devs who post here) and their version based continuity. If the dev is constantly updating artwork/ update and previous saves won't work, I don't see how and why recent players would like to stick with this game. Reputed devs (like NLT) even with their RPGM had maintained continuity of saves throughout the releases. If the dev can't make the old saves work, at least make a chapter-based selection available and set the player on the current chapter based on key game choices from the previous chapter. OrbOrigin did it seamlessly, I think Oceanlab should take a hint too.
It seems like you don´t really know what´s happening with WiAB at the moment so let me clarify a few things.

1. Saves did work from 0.1 till 0.5
2. Most saves won´t work with 0.6 because Ocean began to add new thinks and started reworking his code. Which is totally acceptable because it´s still a WiP and he learned many things since he started with this game.
3. You need to restart with 0.7(?) because it´s a rework which means it´s a like a new game with new variables = your saved ones can´t work.

So in short that means as soon as a dev changes something on his core code it´s impossible to use saves which are not compatible with the new code.

And most people ( which aren´t tiny little crybaby´s ) don´t have a problem with re playing the game if you can see the improvement that it brought with it.

20meiki92

Donor
Feb 23, 2019
it's a new start and I do get it when i spend the night with Dana but i was expcting to see you ask her in the forest if you spent the night with any of the other girls like it was in the 6.0 beta

That´s odd then yes you should get the scene in the morning after the question of your favorite season if you didn´t spend the night with Dana

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Is the model used for Katie the same as the one used for Luna in DeLuca Family?

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
It seems like none of you bothered to read the dev messages ingame. He clearly says that he will do half chapters after the next SG update even with the rework so we won´t need to wait till he reworked the whole part till 0.5 my guess is that the first part would be till the prison scene.
I am not sure how long you have been playing or been around WIAB but most people here have been aroudn since the beginning, the sarcasm and such is warranted. Also I did mention a few times that it could take anywhere from 3 to 6 months depending on what he has to do on the SG's game to update that one. However the reason people are asking or bringing up it serious or sarcasm or joking or not, is for the simple fact that Ocean is quite the perfectionist he can change his things on a whim or throw out a big chunk of progress if a new improved idea pops of or if what he made he doesn't like and just starts over. I like what he did with 0.6 but honestly if things take to much work I rather it becomes a bit more simplified but that is purely my own opinion. However that does not mean Ill be moaning about as I already have mentioned em before and got addressed by it personally by Ocean. So while yes he understands the frustration I too understand his side of the coin.
So while we do not know what or how long SG's update will take which can take from anywhere from now up to 2 months, the rest of WIAB will come AFTER that update which can be anywhere from 3 to 6 months or even worse early next year.
Is it smart and viable to give out update 2 or 3 times a year ? No idea as currently I am not a supporter of him but I used to be.

Also from the description in his game releasing it in 2 parts does not exactly have to mean we get half part of 0.5 rework because that would not make sense as it would break saves again and on the second part of the update would make us prob start over again. So my guess is we will just get 0.5 rework and as a second part afterwards is the full 0.6 or straight up 0.7.
I just get the idea that after SG he will just focus on working WIAB agian and get that out of the window. I have a feeling that After the full rework update things might pick up and we will then get a more "proper" update schedule.

PS : I did not stop my support for him because of delays or what not but rather because I always choose to swap who a support every x amount of months because simply supporting everyone is not plausible.

Lastest wt pls
Do you people even READ???
3 or 4 pages worth back to back from this one explaining in DETAIL about the WT's

it is not viable to update or bring out a latest one because there is NO point in doing so. 0.5 is old game still 0.6 update is merely old 0.5 with new 0.6 and there is a full rework in progress for 0.5 part of the 0.6 update so making a walkthrough right now would be a WASTE of time.

the old walkthrough works perfectly all the up to 0.5.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
It seems like you don´t really know what´s happening with WiAB at the moment so let me clarify a few things.

1. Saves did work from 0.1 till 0.5
2. Most saves won´t work with 0.6 because Ocean began to add new thinks and started reworking his code. Which is totally acceptable because it´s still a WiP and he learned many things since he started with this game.
3. You need to restart with 0.7(?) because it´s a rework which means it´s a like a new game with new variables = your saved ones can´t work.

So in short that means as soon as a dev changes something on his core code it´s impossible to use saves which are not compatible with the new code.

And most people ( which aren´t tiny little crybaby´s ) don´t have a problem with re playing the game if you can see the improvement that it brought with it.
Thanks for brining me up to speed. If 0.7 is just a art rework, then replay would be easy but since you mentioned variables I suppose it's a ground up rework, so selecting Skip until you get a choice is invalid here. You need to play the whole game. Again, I may have missed the updates but doesn't that render the current version (0.6) useless going fwd? Rethinking a char path, adding variables, new artwork takes place in so many games. As I mentioned, this can be eased out if a chapter-based selection is available so the player has a choice to replay from scratch if they want or jump to an episode as they just want to follow a particular character.

I'll sit out 0.6 if 0.7 is a major overhaul. I do hope the dev gets more love on Patreon. It's not my most favourite games but not the type that I won't comment on it either.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Oceanlab, I don't know how active you are here, but if you read this, this is my one and only major criticism of the game. Animating faces isn't easy and I get that you very clearly tried your best, but I for one would be perfectly happy with more basic animations. The ball scene with Katie had me literally tearing up because I could not have expected such an amazing scene, but the scene could have also worked fine without that one animation. That's the end of my statement.

My review of the game:
Preface: In it's current state, this game is a 4.5/5 and is in a state of total overhaul so the future is uncertain, but the latest update, which is in the same format as the overhaul is insanely promising.

Time to 100%: ~12 hours I'll be honest, this is just a guess. I played two playthroughs over 5 days and never kept track of the time.

Story: I feel it's just starting up, even with all the content already in the game. I love it so far, but I don't really know what to say for it.

Graphics - Chapters 1-5 (pre-overhaul): Nothing special. They're pretty average and look straight out of the rendering engine with no additional work. I think there's one animated scene, but otherwise none.

Graphics - Chapter 6 (overhaul): Holy fucking shit. I have never seen better graphics in any VN, period. There are (not really, but it's what I'm going to call them) cutscenes, which while not animated, do have motion and post FX, and you can more than see that a serious amount of work put into them. I'm pretty sure more work was put into the background to make everything perfect. My only complaint is that the cutscenes are darker than the stills and not seamless at all.

Extra things: The latest update overhauled the menu and I think I bust a nut when I first saw it. That single update is a 6/5 on it's own.
Thanks for brining me up to speed. If 0.7 is just a art rework, then replay would be easy but since you mentioned variables I suppose it's a ground up rework, so selecting Skip until you get a choice is invalid here. You need to play the whole game. Again, I may have missed the updates but doesn't that render the current version (0.6) useless going fwd? Rethinking a char path, adding variables, new artwork takes place in so many games. As I mentioned, this can be eased out if a chapter-based selection is available so the player has a choice to replay from scratch if they want or jump to an episode as they just want to follow a particular character.

I'll sit out 0.6 if 0.7 is a major overhaul. I do hope the dev gets more love on Patreon. It's not my most favourite games but not the type that I won't comment on it either.
The overhaul won't be just an art rework, it's also an overhaul of the story. It seems that it's still going to be the same premise, but more like a retelling of the current story we get. I recommend you play out 0.6. It's honestly just an experience if nothing else. It's insane the amount of effort that was put in.

screenshot0001.png

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I believe it is. They look identical to me.

To me, they don't look identical at all.
Katie in 0.6 is also Zbrushed and heavily modified.

Oceanlab, I don't know how active you are here, but if you read this, this is my one and only major criticism of the game. Animating faces isn't easy and I get that you very clearly tried your best, but I for one would be perfectly happy with more basic animations. The ball scene with Katie had me literally tearing up because I could not have expected such an amazing scene, but the scene could have also worked fine without that one animation. That's the end of my statement.

My review of the game:

The overhaul won't be just an art rework, it's also an overhaul of the story. It seems that it's still going to be the same premise, but more like a retelling of the current story we get. I recommend you play out 0.6. It's honestly just an experience if nothing else. It's insane the amount of effort that was put in.

View attachment 693476

This was actually the first time I really animated, so errors are to be expected. If you take a look at the game from 0.1 - 0.5 you won't find any animations only a few in 0.5 which are very bad. And in "Summer's Gone Chapter 2" I made my first small step to these cinematics as you may have seen if you played the game.

I am doing the "Learning by doing" route with animations. That's why I also added so many animations to the Bonus scene (10-11).

I want to be able to make some really high-quality Cinematics/Animations in the future. (That's also a reason why I am currently preparing to switch to Blender and leave Daz behind me and hopefully, I will be able to do it with Season 2.

From your review I get... "Cutscenes". I assume you mean the two cinematics? (Katie ball and the ending one).
If so, both are 90% animated. Alone the last cinematic at the courthouse took me 1 month to create.

But from what I can see, you liked the update and I am glad you also saw how much work did go into the main menu and its transitions.
It's always nice hearing that someone does recognize the amount of work you put in there. :)

Thanks for your words, SomeGuyWithNoImagination. It always helps to keep the motivation up. :)

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
That´s odd then yes you should get the scene in the morning after the question of your favorite season if you didn´t spend the night with Dana
I have the same problem. I'm using a brand new savegame and I'm on Katie's route but right before going back to the campsite I get, "As your expression turns darker..." then, "Dana: What?" and lastly, "MC: Alright... Wanna head back?" then we're back at camp.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes