4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
This is getting more Odd. Ok, so yeah, total fresh install, everything from before including saved games all wiped out so total blank slate. I checked the patch.rpy file and found the dialogue in question (I fixed that damned typo "Is this how you greet you twin sister" so that it says your now) and it reads fine in the txt editor. So, I go to play and the fixed typo works fine and shows up. But, when I get to the conversation with Miru and telling her who called, I still get "my old friend Leia". I thought that perhaps there was a break in the patch coding on the event route I played, so I tried all the possibilities and they all came out the same. So, obviously I am facing a code issue of some kind.

I played further and the patch seems to pick up and work fine later on. Thanks for the responce and letting me know about going through the patch (although now I will bend to my OCD and go in to fix typos and dialogue errors, so perhaps I shouldn't be thanking you, lol)
Is the patch from the front page the one you used?
I just skimmed through it and the patch seems to be written correctly. I am guessing, if you did get the patch from the first page, it is most likely an conflict between the original text and the patch in the code (based on how everything loaded when you start up the executable) which is causing it to display the original text instead of the patch (this happens more often than one would think in games with mods that change something that's already there but don't overwrite the original code).
If this is indeed what is happening, there isn't too much to do, that's a dev-side solution. Since VN devs don't seem to do patches, which would allow the user to not have to download the entire game again everytime (and probably the easiest way to prevent incest patch and original code conflicts), a "fix" for this probably won't happen - especially anytime soon.

I am assuming you are using something similar to Notepad++. Notepad++ is the one I use (mostly because it's free) and it helped to greatly speed up my quest to fix the errors (like the fact that the dev doesn't seem to believe in possessives).
I apologize for sending you on that quest, believe me, having OCD isn't really fun (but it does help to get you tech work) and I sympathize with the exasperation. But, it is only a short amount of work so that you don't stroke out at the mistakes.
And yes...I do go through the process with every game I play.

Last edited:
Reactions: herrbertold

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Just downloaded the newest version and got confused about the "Rework" part because I knew it already from his patreon and now I did understand that 0.1 until 0.5 still has to get released in terms of a rework. x) I'm curious if the next update will be 0.1 to 0.5 or if it will be straight up to 0.7

If I remember correctly, Ocean said that the rework will be released first. And then after that, the chapters will be divided into smaller parts. So after the rework, the first release will be Chapter 7 Part 1.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
Is the patch from the front page the one you used?
I just skimmed through it and the patch seems to be written correctly. I am guessing, if you did get the patch from the first page, it is most likely an conflict between the original text and the patch in the code (based on how everything loaded when you start up the executable) which is causing it to display the original text instead of the patch (this happens more often than one would think in games with mods that change something that's already there but don't overwrite the original code).
If this is indeed what is happening, there isn't too much to do, that's a dev-side solution. since VNs don't seem to do patches, which would allow the user to not have to download the entire game again (and probably the easiest way to prevent incest patch and original code conflicts, a "fix" for this probably won't happen - especially anytime soon.

I am assuming you are using something similar to Notepad++. Notepad++ is the one I use (mostly because it's free) and it helped to greatly speed up my quest to fix the errors (like the fact that the dev doesn't seem to believe in possessives).
I apologize for sending you on that quest, believe me, having OCD isn't really fun (but it does help to get you tech work) and I sympathize with the exasperation. But, it is only a short amount of work so that you don't stroke out at the mistakes.
And yes...I do go through the process with every game I play.
Its a matter of "holes" in the patch. By that I mean spots where no changes were planned because familial content was missed. Also a lot of typos spelling and grammer errors, lol. I'm fixing what I can and bearing through what I can't (I have been considering learning a bit more about renpy so I can get my hands on the base code and fix all the dialoge issues (I am using WordPad for the same reason your using Notepad, Freeeeeee!) I am worried that if I learn how to do this I will end up doing like you and fixing them all (especially some of the forign translated ones that make this one look 'clean' lol)

*Yeah, the patch from the front page

Last edited:
Reactions: hellomate1

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Its a matter of "holes" in the patch. By that I mean spots where no changes were planned because familial content was missed. Also a lot of typos spelling and grammer errors, lol. I'm fixing what I can and bearing through what I can't (I have been considering learning a bit more about renpy so I can get my hands on the base code and fix all the dialoge issues (I am using WordPad for the same reason your using Notepad, Freeeeeee!) I am worried that if I learn how to do this I will end up doing like you and fixing them all (especially some of the forign translated ones that make this one look 'clean' lol)

*Yeah, the patch from the front page
Ah, those holes in it do make sense, unfortunately. The only real thing you can do without touching the base code, is to either try to write it in the patch file yourself (which would probably be very janky and cause problems or just simply not work), learn Ren'Py to modify the base code, or wait until the rework and hope that the updated patch for that didn't miss anything (and that the grammar and spelling is improved).

Notepad++ is nice because it automatically formats the file in a proper code format. Though, if I really cared, I'd just switch over to my Linux system with all of my fun tools on it (ripping games apart to see how they're is just as fun as actual game development).

Yeah, some of those foreign translation give me a massive headache - the especially Japanese ones. It feels like someone who can't speak the language stuck the game text through Google Translate and used that as the final result. In the really bad cases, I always just revert back to finding the Japanese original language to play it.
I'm not trying to tempt you (I'm just stating this as an "out-loud" thought), mostly because I probably should have been doing this myself, I'm sure plenty of audiences of the games around here would probably love patches that fix really bad spelling and grammar.

Reactions: herrbertold

earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
I had doubts that the new update would be even good at all. Just an average few changes and scenes...then leave for a few months...

I was VERY VERY VERY WRONG...

The thing is... I never EVER thought the new update would be that AMAZING.
You went beyond my expectations like a goddamn rocket shooting through space.
The complete overhaul and change of normal to cinematic was just godly, with a proper gallery set up... my goodness!

You my great sir, are FANTASTIC...

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes