4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
I'm thinking of picking up this game, haven't played it since version 3. Now i read in the changelog that a rework is happening, could somebody bring me up to speed what it means by that? Are chapters getting re writen or some of the girls being changed or what? thx
If 0.5 and 0.6 are anything to go by then probably expect a massive overhaul with a darker story tone and a few changed or cut events as well, otherwise the characters current interactions and conversations in the most recent updates wont make much sense.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017
Not just a few cut and changed events.

A few weeks ago I finished the final touch on the rework and it's 99% new content.
It's a completely new game.
Damn ;/ I know you spoke about how you wanted deeper story lines and better reasons for certain actions etc, but one of the hottest storylines for me was the prison one. The small buildup of the game letting you know MC's gf is a bit of a nymph and then having to pretend like she isn't enjoying being pimped out to the prisoner to save his skin was just so hot to me. I get the feeling this is the kinda stuff your moving away from, hopefully I'm wrong.

SolarGuy

Jul 24, 2018
It's mostly for technical reasons, things behind the scenes that we don't see, like in the rendering and animations.

Thanks to the rework, we'll probably have more content for each update, or we'll get faster updates, it's time optimization in the long run.

The coding, rendering and writting saw HUGE improvements, so it'll be a better product overall, trust me it's for everyone's good.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well I don't know if you noticed but the coding of the game got way better, even the renders and the writting, I replayed it from the beginning a few days ago and there are HUGE improvements, it'll just be a better product overall. Trust me it's for everyone's good.
I'd been fine it the story stayed the same. But the way it sounds that isnt the case. Id rather a non perfect finish to the vn, than it just being abandoned and some pretty different story being told. "Completely new" doesn't sound like it's just improvements

Reactions: Esp``

SolarGuy

Jul 24, 2018
I'd been fine it the story stayed the same. But the way it sounds that isnt the case. Id rather a non perfect finish to the vn, than it just being abandoned and some pretty different story being told. "Completely new" doesn't sound like it's just improvements
Well I can't speak for the devs, I'm just giving my opinion from what I know.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So just to confirm, the .6 rework update is pretty much 0-5 same story just reworked code, dialogue and images? The changelog on page 1 contradicts what people are saying here somewhat.
If you're referring to the update that is to come, it's a revamp of 0-5 with new high quality renders and an improved story.

The version available in the OP is still the previous 0-5 with a better quality 0.6, but the whole lot is getting a renewed story.

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
This latest update was friggin awesome man!!!! I like the MC's new look and all the updated models, and I'm really starting to like the story. Love your animations and animated cutscenes. Really excited for the rework or remake of the rest of the game. I love both of your games and cant wait for these next few updates with both!!

nsj

May 18, 2018
...Id rather a non perfect finish to the vn, than it just being abandoned...
While this is a legitimate concern with there being more abandoned renpy games now then completed ones. The developer has been in this forum and is keeping dialogue so that is more hopeful than a lot of other games that get abandoned without a word.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
While this is a legitimate concern with there being more abandoned renpy games now then completed ones. The developer has been in this forum and is keeping dialogue so that is more hopeful than a lot of other games that get abandoned without a word.
If its gonna be "completely new" story then to me this is abandoned. If it was just tweeks and editing its would be fine. How I understand it is dev is changing the story I've come to admire and enjoy. I don't get why. Improving art etc wonderful. But why change the story.

Reactions: Maviarab and Esp``

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
If its gonna be "completely new" story then to me this is abandoned. If it was just tweeks and editing its would be fine. How I understand it is dev is changing the story I've come to admire and enjoy. I don't get why. Improving art etc wonderful. But why change the story.
I never understood Miru's role, unless it was for the poorly done NTR. (note : I did not play NTR route, this is just from reading the walk through)

May 18, 2019

Hello,

Now that Summer's Gone Chapter 3 is slowly but surely advancing rather fast thanks to the second PC and I finished the last polishing touches on the writing of the rework a week ago, it is now time to make pick a schedule so that I can start planning the near future.

I said that the rework has 80% new content back when I was in the writing process.
The rework has 99% new content now.
It's like a new game with the same overall story.

For example, the beginning with Miru is now twice as long, and alone this part in 0.1 will tell you more about Miru and her new personality than the previous 5 updates.

And now that I finished writing it... I can say that it plays in another universe compared to the old WiAB.

Normally, I would say a rework has to be released at full.. But it is way too big for that.

Alone the new Chapter 1 will have more animated sex scenes than the old 0.1 - 0.4 and simultaneously features a lot more story.

And I think I don't need to mention the quality increase over the old WiAB.

The rework is as big as 6 updates. (But it will be counted as 5 due to Chapter 6 already being released and in the reworked state)

I personally like the 3-part-release idea.
This would mean, the rework is going to be released in 3 parts but I wouldn't mind a different release schedule either.

The only thing I won't do is a full-release in just one part. This would kill my sanity.

Please vote for your preferred schedule.

All I can say is.. The rework is worth it.

A little note to the 5-Part-Release... Every part is as big as the future updates (Chapter 7 and beyond.)
So a 5 Part release would still give you a full update every time.

2-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 2 Updates)
19 votes

3-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 3 Updates)
12 votes

4-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 4 Updates)
3 votes

5-Part-Release (Every Part will be released as soon as it is finished.)
37 votes

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes