4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017

Hello,

Now that Summer's Gone Chapter 3 is slowly but surely advancing rather fast thanks to the second PC and I finished the last polishing touches on the writing of the rework a week ago, it is now time to make pick a schedule so that I can start planning the near future.

I said that the rework has 80% new content back when I was in the writing process.
The rework has 99% new content now.
It's like a new game with the same overall story.

For example, the beginning with Miru is now twice as long, and alone this part in 0.1 will tell you more about Miru and her new personality than the previous 5 updates.

And now that I finished writing it... I can say that it plays in another universe compared to the old WiAB.

Normally, I would say a rework has to be released at full.. But it is way too big for that.

Alone the new Chapter 1 will have more animated sex scenes than the old 0.1 - 0.4 and simultaneously features a lot more story.

And I think I don't need to mention the quality increase over the old WiAB.

The rework is as big as 6 updates. (But it will be counted as 5 due to Chapter 6 already being released and in the reworked state)

I personally like the 3-part-release idea.
This would mean, the rework is going to be released in 3 parts but I wouldn't mind a different release schedule either.

The only thing I won't do is a full-release in just one part. This would kill my sanity.

Please vote for your preferred schedule.

All I can say is.. The rework is worth it.

A little note to the 5-Part-Release... Every part is as big as the future updates (Chapter 7 and beyond.)
So a 5 Part release would still give you a full update every time.

2-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 2 Updates)
19 votes

3-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 3 Updates)
12 votes

4-Part-Release (The rework will be released in 4 Updates)
3 votes

5-Part-Release (Every Part will be released as soon as it is finished.)
37 votes
I'd go with 2 part release, longer wait but huge updates.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hello,

Now that Summer's Gone Chapter 3 is slowly but surely advancing rather fast thanks to the second PC and I finished the last polishing touches on the writing of the rework a week ago, it is now time to make pick a schedule so that I can start planning the near future.

I said that the rework has 80% new content back when I was in the writing process.

For example, the beginning with Miru is now twice as long, and alone this part in 0.1 will tell you more about Miru and her new personality than the previous 5 updates.

And now that I finished writing it... I can say that it plays in another universe compared to the old WiAB.

Normally, I would say a rework has to be released at full.. But it is way too big for that.

Alone the new Chapter 1 will have more animated sex scenes than the old 0.1 - 0.4 and simultaneously features a lot more story.

The rework is as big as 6 updates. (But it will be counted as 5 due to Chapter 6 already being released and in the reworked state)

This would mean, the rework is going to be released in 3 parts but I wouldn't mind a different release schedule either.

The only thing I won't do is a full-release in just one part. This would kill my sanity.

A little note to the 5-Part-Release... Every part is as big as the future updates (Chapter 7 and beyond.)

19 votes

12 votes

3 votes

37 votes
"3, oh 3 is the magic number..."

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Hello,

19 votes

12 votes

3 votes

37 votes
OK, so, here's something I'm not getting and maybe somebody can explain this to me. Is the rework complete, as in story, renders, animations, code, etc, and they're just wanting to know how people would prefer it be released, or are they just now starting to make the revamp after having written it? Because I read their post here yesterday and assumed it meant that the revamp was complete and ready for release.
Not just a few cut and changed events.

A few weeks ago I finished the final touch on the rework and it's 99% new content.
It's a completely new game.
If it is ready for release then I can certainly understand not wanting to release the update at once if it's a huge file size, but then this Patreon post says that, "Every Part will be released as soon as it is finished", which now doesn't make it sound like it's finished and just needing to split into separate downloads. :unsure:

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
I don't understand this poll, he says every update will be a "full update". I thought he said rework was finished. Does it mean he will keep adding to the already long awaited rework? If 5 part rework gets chosen, will he delay the 0.7 update for years and stretch out the previous chapters more ?

%80 was already insane for a already well recieved game and now he says its %99 new rework. I will never understand the decision making of this guy. Obsessive perfectionism at its finest.

5-part is the most voted one, I guess my plan of waiting to play 0.6 until rework arrives will fail miserably. I doubt we will see the end of this game lol.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I don't understand this poll, he says every update will be a "full update". I thought he said rework was finished. Does it mean he will keep adding to the already long awaited rework? If 5 part rework gets chosen, will he delay the 0.7 update for years and stretch out the previous chapters more ?

%80 was already insane for a already well recieved game and now he says its %99 new rework. I will never understand the decision making of this guy. Obsessive perfectionism at its finest.

5-part is the most voted one, I guess my plan of waiting to play 0.6 until rework arrives will fail miserably. I doubt we will see the end of this game lol.
With finished I obviously mean the writing & coding.

Chapter 6 came out a month and a half ago.
Why would you even think the rework was done?

%80 was already insane for a already well recieved game and now he says its %99 new rework. I will never understand the decision making of this guy.
It doesn't matter if the game is well received. The way I started WiAB was wrong because I lacked a lot of experience.

Obsessive perfectionism at its finest.
Always this bullshit talk about "Perfectionism" because I rework an obvious flaw that is plaguing the early Chapters of this game.

I don't like the early art in WiAB but it isn't bothering me enough to actually rework the game just for the visuals.
It's the story that needs a rework so that it is in place with the overall picture I am creating.

I hate reworks just as much as anyone else but it has to be done for the future of the game.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Is this true?
[/QUOTE]

These were the planned routes/content back then.

With the way he is going it is obvious he is telling a story and this was before all the flashbacks that were made for Katie.
With all of that in mind and seeing how the updates after that came out based on any of the choices you make or made the Full Dom has been scrapped and has turned in to different type of Dom that was planned ( more of a kink Dom play instead of a turning the tables full on pet Dom which was the route it was apparently going for) .

The Dom idea back then was that you would dominate Katie not have a loving dominate thing, because you had a few choices with Katie also, as in you could go to war with her.

But that dynamic was changed.
However just as Ocean here said we will be getting a completely new game ( reworked and rewritten and overhauled )

The idea for the Dom route was that you would turn the tables on Katie on her blackmail route. So yes they have been scrapped.

PS: that screenshot is from a message all way back on June 12 2019 in this thread.
PPS: just answering your question and giving clarification and context, not bashing or attacking Ocean or whatever. Had to put this in because there are some idiot's out there who take things out of context and go with taking things as negative as possible.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017
It doesn't matter if the game is well received. The way I started WiAB was wrong because I lacked a lot of experience.

I said this when you first announced the rework, but I'll say it again because I think it's important. And I'd like to preface this by saying this is of course ultimately your project and decision, and we must accept that decision in the end.

I understand that as you become more experienced, you look back at your work and can pick out more flaws. But wanting to fix them all at the expense of continuing the project towards it's end point could really damage it more in my opinion.

You said the main issue you have is with the story in the beginning, and that this makes the rework essential for the games health moving forward. But there are people here who enjoyed that and want to see where it goes, and now with it being "set in another universe to the rework", we'll never know, and will now have to wait 1+ year (the time it took to get from 0.1 to 0.6) just to get back to 0.6... but with a whole new story in place of the one we got invested in.

I just think it's worth thinking about the people who are going to miss out on the way the game was heading, and maybe remembering you don't always have to start over once you've gained more experience and think you could do something better.
I for one would have enjoyed seeing the game evolve as you got better, rather than it being set back for a long period of time and the story retconned.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I said this when you first announced the rework, but I'll say it again because I think it's important. And I'd like to preface this by saying this is of course ultimately your project and decision, and we must accept that decision in the end.

I understand that as you become more experienced, you look back at your work and can pick out more flaws. But wanting to fix them all at the expense of continuing the project towards it's end point could really damage it more in my opinion.

You said the main issue you have is with the story in the beginning, and that this makes the rework essential for the games health moving forward. But there are people here who enjoyed that and want to see where it goes, and now with it being "set in another universe to the rework", we'll never know, and will now have to wait 1+ year (the time it took to get from 0.1 to 0.6) just to get back to 0.6... but with a whole new story in place of the one we got invested in.

I just think it's worth thinking about the people who are going to miss out on the way the game was heading, and maybe remembering you don't always have to start over once you've gained more experience and think you could do something better.
I for one would have enjoyed seeing the game evolve as you got better, rather than it being set back for a long period of time and the story retconned.
Thank goodness people like king and barker don't do this shit. Its the dev choice of course, that said he made a vn i was really truly enjoying and instead of finishing it he is gonna change and gut it. That makes me sad.

Reactions: Esp`` and Maviarab

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hello

I did post one of these progress/diary updates before about my progress in Blender.
From now on I will call it "Blender diary"

Learning a 3D software is lonely and quite stressful. (Thank god I have a blender buddy.)

By doing these diaries I am kinda sharing my thoughts, problems, and achievements with you guys to relieve stress and also give you an insight into my work. (And if you can explain something, you understood it.)
For those who don't know... As soon as Where it all began and Summer's Gone reach Season 2, the games will be made in Blender.

These diaries are very technical and you might often not understand what I am saying. But I am trying my best to make it understandable.
I am dedicating 2-3h a day to learning Blender.

The last progress update can be found here:

Since then I acquired a trainload of new knowledge and skills.
The further you go down in this post the more recent it gets.

I did post this picture in the last diary.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Since then, the skin shading made some steps forwards but it's hard to judge because this render is so dark.
A day later I rendered it in a brighter environment with some updated skin-shading nodes.

Then I converted the next char to Blender. It was Helen.
With Helen new problems arrived.
In Blender, you don't have a function to fit clothes to a character and because Helen has some very beautiful curves, it was a challenge to fit them to her.

In this render, I sculpt it onto her which lead to a lot of problems but I managed to create a decent fit.
(A friend told me about a much better way to do it and I gladly don't have to do it anymore.)
A big problem (Which might have been solved and this step will no longer be necessary) is that the DAZ geometry was off in some areas.

I am talking about the teeth.

I already worked on the upper row but the bottom teeth are untouched. As you can see there are some huge gaps between them and they look even worse rendered.
This means you have to manually fix the teeth in Edit mode.
The gum is also off and needs to be fixed manually.
The bottom row fixed.
This has to be done for every char you convert. (But as I said it might be fixed.)
This char up there is the new Miru and after I finished most of the work on her.
I obviously did put my newly acquired knowledge to use and gave her a better Skin-Shader than the one Dana has in the pictures above (Dana & Helen have the better one now, too.)
(This is a custom from the custom tier and this person has given me the permission to do them in Blender so that I can enhance my skills while being productive)

The next destination was to convert two Summer's Gone characters.

Here is the younger version of the MC from SG during my work on his skin shader. The arms haven't been modified yet.
I sadly got the idea of screenshotting my Blender stuff very late and the biggest challenge here was to fit the brows onto his face.
The MC here is a special case due to his texture maps.

The brows were on a separate map and Blender was only able to show one.. Either the face or the brows. As you can imagine, a huge mess got converted and it took me quite some time to figure out how to merge those two maps. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots of the mess)

Now that I had some characters on a decent shader level I wanted to slowly get into the part I most desire in Blender.
Animating.
My first test was with the Miru model and the first thing I wanted to do was some boob physics.

Animating in Blender feels super nice! It's 1000 suns above Daz.
I do have a huge interest in physics. This means that I don't have to manually animate certain parts like boobs, butts, and hair and it just simulates the physics of the movement.
And now the headache began.
After testing out different methods and realizing that every time I started a simulation, my whole PC froze because the Daz character creators are throwing around Polys like crazy.
(I discovered the solution to this (This will be shown in the next diary.) after I tried out a different method.
This different method was by simulating the boob-bones instead of the mesh.
And then this happened...
(Put the quality in these videos up. They start at 240p for some reason)

Suddenly every bone in her body was like Harry Potter's arm during the quidditch match in Part 2.
Everything had these physics on them and It took me a day to figure out why and fix it.
After I finally managed to get some physic only onto the boobs... I got this result

As you can see this looks fucking weird. As if there was an illusion of movement.
I didn't know why the boob-bones were reacting like this and there was nothing I could do.
- Here from a different perspective with different settings but still the same.
I did like 15 test-animations of this but no matter what I did.. It didn't work.
I first expected that something with the weight map was wrong and I tried to modify it in every direction. But this was a dead-end.
Until today and I finally managed to figure out how to make it work.

This is just a test animation so no worries about some bugs but I found out how it works.
I managed to make it work because I added 2 extra bones (red) to the boob-main-bones and did put physics onto those two bones.
The two big bones are now Child-bones and controlled by the small bones on which I applied the physics.

And now that I know how to make it work it's time to play around with it and find the most realistic settings.
Daz Genesis 8 characters do not have butt bones and I will have to rig the butts myself and I will do this in the near future.
I will end this diary here and with the next diary, you can expect some Boob, ass, and hair physic videos and some new renders.

- Ocean

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Uggh...

So 0.6 is a continuation of the story...but a pointless release as 1-5 is being completely 99% redone with a different story. So what's the point of even releasing 6? (and I'll admit I've not played 6 yet due to this mess), or is 6 a continuation of the 'new' story?

Just as easy to wait until he has done what he has done no and forget 6 even exists at this time (given saves are broken anyway). Why completely restart from 1 when that story is not the one he is telling anymore? I also have to agree with others, I really enjoyed the story so far, the dom/sub route really interested me (and I thought was quite well done) and the overall story was interesting.

Now all that is just being scrapped for a different story along the same lines? I'll admit, I'm not a patron so my voice is irrelevent I guess, but dangerous decision. Have a lot of people invested in 'this' story....not whatever it is going to become....

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
It seriously feels like I am talking against a wall here.

It's is the same story but with a different build-up.
The main events like Miru going MIA and all the other stuff is still there!

So instead of meeting Katie in the hallway.. You meet her somewhere else and this else does make a lot more sense and offers a lot more interaction.
Instead of only seeing Helen once, you will see her a lot more often and it will bring in new information to the story.

Every character is still the same except for Miru.
And you will get to the same finish line.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

or is 6 a continuation of the 'new' story?
Yes, it is.
It would make no sense to release a chapter that would've been scrapped anyway.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Right, thanks for the reply Oceanlab. Sorry for making you bang your head against a wall heh, but read through this thread, it's not exactly simple to follow and understand exactly what is happening with so many contradictary posts.

Then in that case, I shall wait for your new 1-5 reworks before continuing and look forward to seeing what you changed in the early game. Also to be a pain (again, contradictory information on here), the dom/sub is staying (or slightly changed) or has been scrapped?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not just a few cut and changed events.

A few weeks ago I finished the final touch on the rework and it's 99% new content.
It's a completely new game.

So instead of meeting Katie in the hallway.. You meet her somewhere else and this else does make a lot more sense and offers a lot more interaction.
Instead of only seeing Helen once, you will see her a lot more often and it will bring in new information to the story.

Yes, it is.
Sorry but hearing "completely new game" doesn't make me think same story. Thank you for clarifying. Only cause I care for story that was. Best of luck

Reactions: Maviarab

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Right, thanks for the reply Oceanlab. Sorry for making you bang your head against a wall heh, but read through this thread, it's not exactly simple to follow and understand exactly what is happening with so many contradictary posts.

Then in that case, I shall wait for your new 1-5 reworks before continuing and look forward to seeing what you changed in the early game. Also to be a pain (again, contradictory information on here), the dom/sub is staying (or slightly changed) or has been scrapped?
The dom/sub route for Katie now got properly implemented and I also added the same for Leia & Helen.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016

Not sure if some of my posts helped with the confusion, But I made sure to make it clear that the story in itself was not changing from what I gathered. What I made clear was certain aspects or features were either altered or scrapped to fit in with the story he was going for. Certain things cannot be done as they would either break character or feel shoe horned in or out of place or all of that together. And that is something he wants to avoid.

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018

Yes, it is.

This is still technically a pirate site. I hate to say it, but you just kind of have to learn that some people won't get it, or will be insanely upset when there is no instant gratification.
Focusing on the people who actually pay your bills on Patreon, should probably be a much higher priority.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
This is still technically a pirate site. I hate to say it, but you just kind of have to learn that some people won't get it, or will be insanely upset when there is no instant gratification.
Focusing on the people who actually pay your bills on Patreon, should probably be a much higher priority.
That can be said the same for those paying his bills, if they also misunderstood and got upset he could potentially lose them.
The fact he communicates with here is actually a good thing, While he does not owe or HAS to post here, he does also have patreon's here. I am not currently a patreon of his, I used to be before. I did not unsub from him because I did not get instant gratification or because I got angry with him or anything along those lines. I rotate my support every X amount of months because I want to support multiple Dev's, it is not do able to support 20 Dev's and def not at the higher tiers where you instantly get a on day release of the game without burning a hole through your bank account if.

Also by doing so and clarifying here and clearing things up he could gain potential supporters. His rework and such has taken a lot of time and this is also in part why a lot of people might not have put in the support as they don't want to be paying months for something if they only get 1 or 2 updates a year. LET ME CLARIFY CLEARLY THOUGH. Just because I said that line does not mean I am berating or attacking or diminishing his work in any way shape or form. It is just a matter of fact. The rework took time however when everything is said and done and he get's to the point that he wished and indeed releases on a schedule like he wanted ( iirc 2 months an update ) I am pretty sure his subscribers will increase as it means they are paying for something consistent.

Saying focus just on those paying your bills, you might alienate those who potentially were planning on investing in those said bills.

Then comes another thing that I would like to ask out of curiosity to everyone.
If you supported a dev for months and stopped to support another one ( be it be for rotation of support or because you currently are not satisfied with was being brought out or whatever other reason ) does that mean that they instantly are leeches and should not have a voice because suddenly they are not part of paying the bills ? Just to be clear here I am not attacking or being hostile or trying to be an asshole I legit am asking a question and wondering what the opinion is on this.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The dom/sub route for Katie now got properly implemented and I also added the same for Leia & Helen.
dom/sub kink are not really my cup of tea, is this avoidable, or better to say: Is there a love/relationship path for the girls planned?

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
as far as we know everybody can be happy ,because this game will have diff kinks ,routes to play so love path will be there too I dont know if there will be a love path with every girl because they have all diff cheracters and will like different thinks.,I am so hyped for this game after 0.6 and its sad that we have too wait for so long I want to know how this game continues so much possibleities in writting for different kinks cant wait.

Its the same with cheating ,I really like the realism of this game that ocean has some girl maybe dont mind if they share or if you cheat but if you cheat on the wrong girl maybe you or the other girl is fucked :ROFLMAO: . In most other games you can have 10 girlfriends at the same time pretty unrealistic and nobody notice or dont care or they are a lot off guy thatall have no interest in girl. I like that this game has good renders,story,good cheracters and realism.I cant wait for the clubbing scene where you go in one of the 3 clubs or in all this could be so hot too if you go in the wrong club.:devilish:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes