4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
So Ocean reworked all 5 chapters and wont release them all at once but 1 chapter at a time? Doesnt sound good. Its going to take forever to get back to where we left off.
These 5 reworked will be entirely different to the old one. Like a whole new game so that why it takes a lot of time if he reworks all 5 chapters then updates it. On top of that he's making 2 games at the same times so wait for 5 chapters to release at the same time would take at least another year if not may be 2 years. Do you seriously want to wait that long?

• Sad
Reactions: PeraDrnda

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
How many years have to pass to mark this as Abandoned?
actually, a couple of days ago it was marked as abandoned. then the dev intervened, and tag was quickly removed. i wonder how he avoided onhold tag :unsure: . also, some time ago one negative review of his other game (summer's gone) appeared. it was removed in the blink of an eye. not all games (devs) have the same treatment here at f95 :devilish: .

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i wonder how he avoided onhold tag :unsure: .
Mainly because that's a dev requested tag not one that's given by mods.

A dev needs to request their game put on hold or it's either left open or tagged abandoned. As the dev is still active it won't be marked abandoned but unless the dev himself requests it, it won't be tagged on hold either.

also, some time ago one negative review of his other game (summer's gone) appeared. it was removed in the blink of an eye. not all games (devs) have the same treatment here at f95 :devilish: .
You must have some solid proof of why it was deleted to make a claim like that, gonna love to see it.

notakernelguy

Jan 10, 2021
actually, a couple of days ago it was marked as abandoned. then the dev intervened, and tag was quickly removed. i wonder how he avoided onhold tag :unsure: . also, some time ago one negative review of his other game (summer's gone) appeared. it was removed in the blink of an eye. not all games (devs) have the same treatment here at f95 :devilish: .
1629537672694.png

Reactions: Skydden

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
also, some time ago one negative review of his other game (summer's gone) appeared. it was removed in the blink of an eye. not all games (devs) have the same treatment here at f95 :devilish: .
That's definitely truth. I've been victim of that two times. I don't know if 5 minutes passed since i published it (not for SG. for some other game) and it was gone. One I was able to restore, cause one of the mods said he deleted it "by mistake", but second time no - they just won't allow negative word for some games, despite review being completely legit. Also, just look what kind of rubbish five star reviews they're allowing for those games...

Speaking of this game, definitely should be marked as onhold. If I remember correctly, remake of this game was scheduled for september/october last year or something like that...

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
He's been showing update posts about it for the last couple months, and another one is coming soon.
It's not even on-hold. He has two PCs, one for each game, which means he works on both at the same time.
Just because the game hasn't been updated in 1+ years doesn't mean it's abandoned.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
Mainly because that's a dev requested tag not one that's given by mods.

A dev needs to request their game put on hold or it's either left open or tagged abandoned. As the dev is still active it won't be marked abandoned but unless the dev himself requests it, it won't be tagged on hold either.

You must have some solid proof of why it was deleted to make a claim like that, gonna love to see it.
i know that it's up to dev to handle abandoned/onhold tags. some devs put onhold tag when they're reworking/rebooting their games, some not. to me that's the matter of honesty and trust. considering that wiab is going to get not cosmetic changes only, but also completely reworked story, imho that won't be the same game anymore. that totally deserves abandoned or onhold tag. if dev goes with abandoned, then he starts new thread when the rework is done. this was already addressed by Osider in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-6-full-oceanlab.19856/post-6416458
to me it's not important if the dev is "active", but what's goin' on with the game.

as of solid proof of biased actions of f95's moderators, you can check this reply to my post, for the beginning.
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-6-full-oceanlab.19856/post-6418848
i'll work on solid proof, and as soon as i find one i'll give you a note.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Why does it matter that the developer is active (with another game)? If he haven’t done anything with this game in years, it is abandoned. Simple as that.
Because:
  1. It's demonstrably false that the developer hasn't done anything with this game in years
  2. The developer has personally been active here and with status updates within the last few months
  3. That's how the abandoned tag is defined here by this site.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The game isn't abandoned. Why this is taking so long to update has been discussed at length earlier in the thread, even a few pages ago.

TLDR is:

1- He is working on 2 games.
2- He is reworking this one.
3- He is a bigtime perfectionist.

I do think whenever the rework is complete, this thread should be tagged as abandoned and a new thread should be made though.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes