4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Visually this remake is amazing but considering how this dev has another game (haven't played it yet) and in general seems to work slow I wonder how long it will take until this remake is up to date with the original (which was still not even close to being finished)?

feels like this game won't finish for 5+ years at least, maybe more

Reactions: bluehound36

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
[...] and in general seems to work slow [...]
Let me put some things in perspective.
In the last 6 months, WiAB has been released in December and SG in late August.

SG Ch4 went into production in September
WiAB Ch2 in late December/Early January

And since then I've created 2100 renders for SG + 15.000+ animation frames and 700 for WiAB and 3.000+ animation frames

Most devs update every three months(?) with 300-800 renders + animations. (Games with higher quality automatically need longer and often have 4-6 months.)

If you consider my quality and the amount of renders/animations I do, I'm not slow.
Please keep in mind, that I work alone, and support-wise I'm still a small fish.

My work was much slower in the past, true.

2020-2021: (11 months for Ch3 SG - 1800 renders + 10k animation frames + Bad mental health - Work/Life balance)
Now: (Ch4 SG - 6 months - 2100+ renders + 16k animation frames.)
Now: (Ch2 WiAB 4 months - 700 renders + 3000 animation frames.)

While improving quality and learning/experimenting with new Software on the side.

Compared to other devs that have pretty much the same amount of support, my output + quality isn't slow.

Visually this remake is amazing but considering how this dev has another game (haven't played it yet)
Give SG a try after the upcoming update. If you don't like it, you can still just throw it in the trash.
WiAB and SG are deeply connected. If you get immersed into the story of WiAB, SG can give you some nice background info and vice versa.

It's likely going to be another AWAM considering the dev has already remade it once before.
This is one of the weirdest rumors... I debunked it before but it keeps resurfacing.

WiAB has only ever been reworked once.
There was a try to do it in Blender but it got scrapped and I did the rework/New game we have now.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Let me put some things in perspective.
In the last 6 months, WiAB has been released in December and SG in late August.

SG Ch4 went into production in September
WiAB Ch2 in late December/Early January

And since then I've created 2100 renders for SG + 15.000+ animation frames and 700 for WiAB and 3.000+ animation frames

Most devs update every three months(?) with 300-800 renders + animations. (Games with higher quality automatically need longer and often have 4-6 months.)

If you consider my quality and the amount of renders/animations I do, I'm not slow.
Please keep in mind, that I work alone, and support-wise I'm still a small fish.

My work was much slower in the past, true.

2020-2021: (11 months for Ch3 SG - 1800 renders + 10k animation frames + Bad mental health - Work/Life balance)
Now: (Ch4 SG - 6 months - 2100+ renders + 16k animation frames.)
Now: (Ch2 WiAB 4 months - 700 renders + 3000 animation frames.)

While improving quality and learning/experimenting with new Software on the side.

Compared to other devs that have pretty much the same amount of support, my output + quality isn't slow.

Give SG a try after the upcoming update. If you don't like it, you can still just throw it in the trash.
WiAB and SG are deeply connected. If you get immersed into the story of WiAB, SG can give you some nice background info and vice versa.

This is one of the weirdest rumors... I debunked it before but it keeps resurfacing.

WiAB has only ever been reworked once.
There was a try to do it in Blender but it got scrapped and I did the rework/New game we have now.
and the most of us are really grateful for your hard work :cool:

thank you and stay safe

Last edited:

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
when i see he wanted to remake it i never thought anything shady was happening, from my view ocean looks like someone who wants their best work to be out there, he has his own standards.. people work in different ways.. some will not care and just want to throw anything out there to keep people happy.. others have their own standards and want to perfect what they do.. I personally see no problem with either, do what you want as a person. if people want to support that then go ahead. if you dont want to support that then dont.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
when i see he wanted to remake it i never thought anything shady was happening, from my view ocean looks like someone who wants their best work to be out there, he has his own standards..
This very fact often ends up in developement hell... But, a finnished product, especially a game, should end up on the same level it started quality wise. A lot of people don't understand this. They think if devs improve along the way, so does the game and in the end everything will be fine. For example: The last chapter of a game could be the most amazing piece of art ever created, if the start is utter dogshit a lot of your consumerbase will abandon the product, not reaching the most amazing endgame ever... .

Any game should start great but also maintain the quality to the end. Gamers nowadays are very impatient and I think Ocean knows this...

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
The real issue is not how much time take to release a update. Ocean is a great 3D artist and his updates are big, this is undeniable. The real issue is the completly ambitious and out of reality, imho, of 30 chapters for both games to be finished. With the current pace of releases,, 1 completed chapter per year, both games won't take 5-10 years to be completed. Both will take almost 3 decades. Look SG for example, chapter 3 was released in january's 2021, chapter 4 will be release more than a year after. I know there was a "half chapter" 3.5 in august but still, with this pace and with 26 chapters left, the last chapter will only come in 2048. This is completly insane even more if we remember that, beside SG and WiAB, he still plan more 3 games to develop. If the games had 10-12 chapters in total instead, 6m-1y for a high-quality chapter will be ok. But with 30 chapters things become way more complicated, because i really don't see how waiting a life-time for a single finished game might be worth it, even if the game is the most high-quality game of history

I wish be optimistc, but unfortunately, i can't see this universe of five big connected games become real if the time for releases don't improve a lot even more or if the number of chapters decrease by a rewrite. And this is very unlikely.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
The answer to this problem is simple. The devs need more support. If the support keeps piling up Ocean WILL hire people to help him.
That is the one and only solution...
I know, but this is a big IF. And the answer can be simply, but accomplish it is not.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
WiAB has never been reworked until the last Update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If there ever was rework... Then you would find it in the Changelog on the first page.

There is none.
The only thing that happened with Chapter 6 was an overhaul to the characters that appeared in Ch6.
No old renders were reworked.

Chapter 6 changelog:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And with Chapter 6, the last update before the current one, the NOW rework was announced.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I don't know if you can trust these sites, so please be careful

Apparently this has v.3a

So I guess you can take a look at this one and then compare it to the current .6

If I was wrong and for some reason actually can't remember such a thing, and f95 changelogs and my Patreon logs can't either... Then I'm going to apologize to you.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
This game wasn't restarted before. This is first time. However, Oceanlab revealed their plan for restarting with all reasons long time ago. It took some time and there was released some new content on the end of previous version, before they get to new chapter 1.
It is obvious to me, that you wasn't in close touch with this game for some time. There is nothing wrong about that, but come up with this accuse without proper prove is wrong.

Sep 3, 2020
I'm sorry but can we please stop arguing about this because there are much more serious topics that we need to discuss and everybody is ignoring it

for example
screenshot0003.png

just look at my baby look at my baby look at my goddamn baby

absolutely stunning

the embodiment of Darkness itself

don't get me wrong Katie

was my first love

and honestly, I will always have feelings for her but

when it comes to Where it All Began
I belong to Leia!

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
I'm sorry but can we please stop arguing about this because there are much more serious topics that we need to discuss and everybody is ignoring it

for example
View attachment 1734552

just look at my baby look at my baby look at my goddamn baby

absolutely stunning

the embodiment of Darkness itself

don't get me wrong Katie

was my first love

and honestly, I will always have feelings for her but

when it comes to Where it All Began
I belong to Leia!
Pff they got nothing on Dana... i mean just look at her!

WiAB_new_Dana_01.jpg
WiAB_new_Dana_02.jpg

She is simply sublime :love:

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes