4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
but ther is not enough time for cheracter development we know ocean like too do realistic storys but this storys need you to make a bounding with the cheracters there is no way that this is possible with only 10 cheapters.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
but ther is not enough time for cheracter development we know ocean like too do realistic storys but this storys need you to make a bounding with the cheracters there is no way that this is possible with only 10 cheapters.
Sorry, but i strongly disagree about this notion of "better story = longer story" implied in your comment. Character development can be achieve independent of how long is your story. Because is not only about how longer a story is. It is also about how you write and your skills. There is tales that are way better than entire books, just like it has shorter VNs that are better in story and character development than many big and longer VNs. I will never call out Ocean about how he have to make his storys, i'm just sharing my POV and opinion about it. And in my opinion, 30 long chapters for a VN is more of a creative decision than something mandatory because there's no other way to do it.

Sep 3, 2020
Sorry, but i strongly disagree about this notion of "better story = longer story" implied in your comment. Character development can be achieve independent of how long is your story. Because is not only about how longer a story is. It is also about how you write and your skills. There is tales that are way better than entire books, just like it has shorter VNs that are better in story and character development than many big and longer VNs. I will never call out Ocean about how he have to make his storys, i'm just sharing my POV and opinion about it. And in my opinion, 30 long chapters for a VN is more of a creative decision than something mandatory because there's no other way to do it.
fair enough point taken

but me personally I want 30 chapters because that means more Bella

Sep 3, 2020
correction... in 30 chapters we would have a lot more of Katie... we are in WIAB.
View attachment 1734800
Katie my first love

my brother why did you have to bring her up you know I'm with Leia now

but my feelings are still there
:cry:

but i love Leia now and I don't cheat

and I don't do three ways or threesomes

and I rather die than be in an open relationship

but every time I see Katie I feel something

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
I know this is being reworked and I loved the old version tbh, but does the new Ch1 just have about the same amount of content as the old one?
Trying to figure if its best to wait a few updates for content or no.

• Haha
Reactions: supermanz95
May 7, 2021
I know this is being reworked and I loved the old version tbh, but does the new Ch1 just have about the same amount of content as the old one?
I don't remember the length of Chapter 1 before, but this one's pretty short. Extremely well done, but short. I would at least give a try, but that's just me.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The actual version ends with the travel after Williams arival on Lieas house and the introducing of all family members - beside Katie. So roughly the same spot like in the old version, with a little interlude and a conversation with a new character after a bar visit. All in all, quite a successful rework.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Go ahead and play. It is kind of like the beginning of the last game had the quality it had toward the end. Some elements of the story have changed but it comprises of the phone call, the night before, and the homecoming scenes.

Koronak

Feb 20, 2018
It certainly won't take that long.

Update 1-4 had a total of around 3000 renders. That's not much. Update 0.5 had 2300 alone.

I will be able to do the complete rework with animations etc. in 3-5 months. (And I am not counting in the RIG update in June. If I get the new PC, it won't take longer than 2-4 months.)
2 years later...

My work was much slower in the past, true.

2020-2021: (11 months for Ch3 SG - 1800 renders + 10k animation frames + Bad mental health - Work/Life balance)
Now: (Ch4 SG - 6 months - 2100+ renders + 16k animation frames.)
Now: (Ch2 WiAB 4 months - 700 renders + 3000 animation frames.)

While improving quality and learning/experimenting with new Software on the side.
from 5300 renders per 2-4 month to 3700 renders per 4 month

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
2 years later...
from 5300 renders per 2-4 month to 3700 renders per 4 month
Update 1 - 5 took 14 months (Counted in the two months I needed for 0.1)
Animation renders were counted in, too. (0.5 had 1700 stills + 600 animation).

From 5300 low-quality renders per 14 months (~ 4000 stills + 1300 A-Frames) to 21.800 high-quality renders per 4-6 months. (2800+ stills and 19000 A-Frames.)

I think you can do the math...

And said Rework I'm talking about up there is the one we have right now... Obviously, it took a lot longer than what I estimated/said in 2020... :rolleyes:

Chapter 6 was planned as an update and the first reworked Chapter... (Old plan)
This means, back in Feb 2020, it was still the plan to release Chapter 6... And then do 1-5 as Ch6 should flawlessly blend in.

Then Ch6 was released in May 2020... but sometime after July I changed my mind and wanted a complete rework. (The one we have now.)
First I tried it in Blender... which got scrapped and never released as Blender had too many technical problems... and now we have this one...

But the other dude thinks there was a rework between .3/.4...

And about reworking and improvement
You've posted the same screenshot as I did... Please read the thread before answering.

There would be no reason to hide some ominous rework... And WiAB will never be remade again. The art is now good and the story has been mapped out.

The last proof I will give... Even though the other side has provided zero evidence.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't have anything earlier... I deleted a lot of the old stuff last year... Never thought I'd need it.

Go download old .6 and check if those boys are still in the game...
There should also be some old Walkthroughs in the thread... And they will look all look the same...

everything prior to ep5-ep6 looked looked like shit(to me at least), hard to believe it was remade

also, making corrections in the story is not rework
Yup, would've been a damn pointless rework.

He's not saying I made corrections... He's saying I restarted the entire game after .3/.4.

But now I'm done with the topic...
If that dude keeps posting this shit without even considering anything I said and providing proof... I'll just report his BS from now on.

To those Dana lovers... I made a few more adjustments to her... I always let characters marinate a bit and then get back to them.
Dana is a damn beauty now... Be prepared for her.

redhatter

May 24, 2017
I really enjoyed the game before the rework or whatever it is being referred to and I am liking where this game is heading, also the renders are looking so much better than they originally did (honestly some models are amazing,) but I don't suppose there could be an option added in the game where I never have to see the MCs face I find him oddly repulsive to look at.

Also having faceless MCs really helps with immersion.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes