4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
This and SG are the games I can point to when I want to say:"This is what a game looks like when made by a true artist."

If he had an actual game studio behind him.. What a world would that be.

Someone tell him that MotionBuilder can be torrented. I am all for people getting paid for their work and all that but 2k...PER YEAR? Not even a one time purchase? That's fucked. Leave that to actual studios with huge budgets. In his place I'd torrent it and later pay for a year or whatever he feels it's worth when he can.
As far as I know, Ocean lives in Germany, a place where you can be literally in jail for ilegally downloading a movie.

• Haha
Reactions: supermanz95

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
This and SG are the games I can point to when I want to say:"This is what a game looks like when made by a true artist."

If he had an actual game studio behind him.. What a world would that be.

Someone tell him that MotionBuilder can be torrented. I am all for people getting paid for their work and all that but 2k...PER YEAR? Not even a one time purchase? That's fucked. Leave that to actual studios with huge budgets. In his place I'd torrent it and later pay for a year or whatever he feels it's worth when he can.
hah, ya I mentioned this in the SG thread last dev log where it was mentioned. And I agree completely with your reasoning. I have some software I use here and there for tweaking and cutting some video and I looked into purchasing it to reward the company that made it but it was subscription-based only and, sorry developers, I don't do that shit for fixed software like that. I pay one reasonable price or it's a high seas exclusive.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
hah, ya I mentioned this in the SG thread last dev log where it was mentioned. And I agree completely with your reasoning. I have some software I use here and there for tweaking and cutting some video and I looked into purchasing it to reward the company that made it but it was subscription-based only and, sorry developers, I don't do that shit for fixed software like that. I pay one reasonable price or it's a high seas exclusive.
I have some doubts as to whether that would be possible, apart from the fact that we get the VN on patreon, the idea is that it reaches Steam, and normally a disclaimer is made putting the software used for production, and their respective tm and cr.
Wouldn't it be weird to use a cracked software and then put it for sale on steam? it's an honest question, I really don't know.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I have some doubts as to whether that would be possible, apart from the fact that we get the VN on patreon, the idea is that it reaches Steam, and normally a disclaimer is made putting the software used for production, and their respective tm and cr.
Wouldn't it be weird to use a cracked software and then put it for sale on steam? it's an honest question, I really don't know.
Ya I'm right there with ya - don't know what the terms are that devs have to agree to. If it's that intrusive that they have to list and somehow prove or otherwise show the software they're using for development, etc. then probably not worth the risk, but otherwise, ya like the other guy said, $2k PER YEAR is INSANE as an asking price, IMO. I'd certainly be looking for work-arounds if it were me.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
If it's that intrusive that they have to list and somehow prove or otherwise show the software they're using for development, etc.
how hard can it be to lie & claim u made the animation in daz or blender.

I think it was a bad idea to publicly state which software he wanted to use, it'll make it harder to lie.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
As far as I know, Ocean lives in Germany, a place where you can be literally in jail for ilegally downloading a movie.
Yes, but torrenting is even worse here! As I wrote in a HS thread, in Germany using a torrent makes the legal offence greater. Which is a reason why I will never touch a torrent, wait for the public versions here on F95 games and buy hard to come by stuff (e.g. AIS), even if it is more expensive. In Germany and a couple other nations torrents are not worth the risk, never IMHO.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Hello,

High res images are attached.
The 7th Dev Log...
This one won't be as long as there's not that much to say.
The renders are flying in nicely. Dana has marinated for a bit and I gave her the finishing touch.

1. MotionBuilder

Soo... As most of you know, I like animations.

I do a lot of them. And I do long ones.

And other people/artists are always surprised when I tell them that I'm just using Daz and not some external program.
For those of you that don't know... There's a reason most games don't have long animations. Animating in Daz is the definition of pain.

I obviously looked at external programs to get my animations to the next level but I just didn't find the right one.
I tried Cascadeur, IClone7, etc.

They all suck ass in their own way and don't give me what I need... But then I found MotionBuilder.

For some reason I always missed it... I did download the trial and did some tests...

It was wonderful... I felt like a little kid on Christmas eve... UNTIL
View attachment 1743235

I didn't find a monthly alternative... but it would most likely be priced even higher. (This would be 170$/month)

This software is exactly what I've been looking for but that's more than half my entire support. (Pre-Taxes)

I would be able to pay 170$/ month for it... But paying more than 2000$ at once. That's above the current support.

I'm currently still using the 30 Day Trial and will try to learn and animate as much as I can but afterward, I'll have to save up extra for this.

I just hate how everything has become subscription-based... But I can't go without it.

It offers too much value for a serial animater like me. There probably won't be any more hardware updates this year, considering all the costs for music and software. Lol.

But all this price-negativity shouldn't distract us from the important point... I found an external animation software that perfectly fits my needs. This is incredible.

This is a Game-changing discovery.

2. Texture/Shader animation
I also found a nice way to animate textures and in general shaders. Some nice opportunities have opened up.

3. Previews
Let's get to some visuals.
One thing I've learned over the past few updates... Always preview a new character as my own vision and perception are compromised.

Whenever I pose the eyes of a character, I need to nail it in the first 15-30 seconds or my mind will play tricks. (That's why an artist should always get up for 5-10 minutes and then take a look at his work again.)
Anyways, this is about Gina.
Gina was a special rework because I didn't let her marinate. I reworked her and immediately previewed her.
I made some slight changes to her since the last log and yeah.
View attachment 1743236 View attachment 1743237
Regarding GIna...

Gina's personal story is more or less the same as in the dead old WIAB.

Again, she starts with a Boyfriend and offers a unique Reverse-NTR/Cuckold route. (MC is the one who gets to have the fun. (Netori).
View attachment 1743238 View attachment 1743239

And to finish this Dev Log off... A random Katie appears.
View attachment 1743240

It's fascinating how much her appearance changes when switching between her two hairstyles.
This one makes her look almost approachable... While the other gives +10 Boost on Bitchyness.

Anyways, this is it for Log #7
I hope I didn't forget anything.

See you in the next log in which I'll give a more in-depth status update.
- Ocean
Oh my... visions of a marinating Dana in a bathtub... :love:

how hard can it be to lie & claim u made the animation in daz or blender.

I think it was a bad idea to publicly state which software he wanted to use, it'll make it harder to lie.
It's actually very hard to lie, because you wouldn't be able to show the original work or reproduce the work being done in DAZ or Blender. If they are going to the trouble of suing you, they won't just take your word for it and you'll have to show the proof.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Yes, but torrenting is even worse here! As I wrote in a HS thread, in Germany using a torrent makes the legal offence greater. Which is a reason why I will never touch a torrent, wait for the public versions here on F95 games and buy hard to come by stuff (e.g. AIS), even if it is more expensive. In Germany and a couple other nations torrents are not worth the risk, never IMHO.
With those prices it would still be cheaper to go somewhere else in Europe and download it from there lol.

Reactions: Lorenz1

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
With those prices it would still be cheaper to go somewhere else in Europe and download it from there lol.
I see your point, but in some cases buying the games is support/patronage for stuff I like and want to support and others you have to wait for sales which helps too.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
It's actually very hard to lie, because you wouldn't be able to show the original work or reproduce the work being done in DAZ or Blender. If they are going to the trouble of suing you, they won't just take your word for it and you'll have to show the proof.
lol, he can lie & say he lost the files or that he deleted them, very easy to do, it's his right to delete anything he wants from his pc, it took too much memory space so he deleted it.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Are you guys allowed to run a VPN over there?
VPN is allowed in Germany and guess who has one for general security.
But to give a bit of insight in the legal sutff, there are different level of offence and danger. It is no problem to download public versions or stuff where major copyright already cheased (e.g. the old Basil Rathbone Holmes movies was such a case), it is let us say "slightly problematic" with stuff you download, but are unlikely to get sued for from the rights holder. Downloaded via "normal" download, this is a grey legal area and rarely you get into court for it, mainly due to getting caught in relation/due to some bigger fish busted. Chances are still ok that you get off with a blue eye, if you did not totally overdo it.
Hot Iron stuff are downloads of current movies, AAA games and such, where companies and rights holder are actively sueing even the small fishes and Joe/Jane Average. then you are in really hot water and unlikely to escape justice.

The "game" changes when you did download with a torrent, because torrent use makes you an active product pirate in the eyes of the law. Normal "standard" download via e.g. Mega or so, has many shades of grey legally speaking in Germany, depending very much on several things, which makes sentences from nothing to jail possible. Very situational, but torrent use makes you toast.

That is it in a compressed nutshell

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
VPN is allowed in Germany and guess who has one for general security.
But to give a bit of insight in the legal sutff, there are different level of offence and danger. It is no problem to download public versions or stuff where major copyright already cheased (e.g. the old Basil Rathbone Holmes movies was such a case), it is let us say "slightly problematic" with stuff you download, but are unlikely to get sued for from the rights holder. Downloaded via "normal" download, this is a grey legal area and rarely you get into court for it, mainly due to getting caught in relation/due to some bigger fish busted. Chances are still ok that you get off with a blue eye, if you did not totally overdo it.
Hot Iron stuff are downloads of current movies, AAA games and such, where companies and rights holder are actively sueing even the small fishes and Joe/Jane Average. then you are in really hot water and unlikely to escape justice.

The "game" changes when you did download with a torrent, because torrent use makes you an active product pirate in the eyes of the law. Normal "standard" download via e.g. Mega or so, has many shades of grey legally speaking in Germany, depending very much on several things, which makes sentences from nothing to jail possible. Very situational, but torrent use makes you toast.

That is it in a compressed nutshell
Wow, incredibly harsh penalties. I'd be running a VPN with my torrenting (already do and I live in a far more legally lenient country) and more likely looking to finding a job and citizenship in another country.
The good thing with most VPNs today is they have kill switches on them that will cut the internet altogether to the machine if the VPN drops unexpectedly.
Sorry to hear you guys have to deal with this.

Reactions: Ilhares

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Wow, incredibly harsh penalties. I'd be running a VPN with my torrenting (already do and I live in a far more legally lenient country) and more likely looking to finding a job and citizenship in another country.
The good thing with most VPNs today is they have kill switches on them that will cut the internet altogether to the machine if the VPN drops unexpectedly.
Sorry to hear you guys have to deal with this.
Thanks for your feelings! The situation is not quite as harsh as it might seem, but as I wrote above, the specific situation and several "switches" matter. Germany is not even the harshest nation when it comes to torrents, but it is a major legal switch.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
lol, he can lie & say he lost the files or that he deleted them, very easy to do, it's his right to delete anything he wants from his pc, it took too much memory space so he deleted it.
And he'll be asked to repeat the process again to show that he could actually do it.

You honestly have no idea how easy it is to bust someone lying like that.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes