4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Wow, incredibly harsh penalties. I'd be running a VPN with my torrenting (already do and I live in a far more legally lenient country) and more likely looking to finding a job and citizenship in another country.
The good thing with most VPNs today is they have kill switches on them that will cut the internet altogether to the machine if the VPN drops unexpectedly.
Sorry to hear you guys have to deal with this.
Technically it can be legal, in germany, to get a copy of something copyrighted from the web. "Stichwort Sicheheitskopie" ( keyword backup copy ), the point when things start to get nasty is when you infringe copyright by making things available for downloading. If you use a torrent, you are always sharing data with others, and if this just inside the ram of your machine, there are cases on court where some dudes sentenced to a fine for just such a thing.

The next thing was pointed out by Ocean to me in a dm.:

Some copyright owners may be a little more relaxed about their products being pirated, but that quickly comes to an end when the owner realises that money is being made from the pirated product by a third party. It can be as quick as you look that you get sued to hell and back.

Reactions: Turret

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Technically it can be legal, in germany, to get a copy of something copyrighted from the web. "Stichwort Sicheheitskopie" ( keyword backup copy ), the point when things start to get nasty is when you infringe copyright by making things available for downloading. If you use a torrent, you are always sharing data with others, and if this just inside the ram of your machine, there are cases on court where some dudes sentenced to a fine for just such a thing.

Some copyright owners may be a little more relaxed about their products being pirated, but that quickly comes to an end when the owner realises that money is being made from the pirated product by a third party. It can be as quick as you look that you get sued to hell and back.
Ya so like I mentioned in an earlier post if the creator has to worry about showing / proving what tools they're developing with, etc., it can become an issue to use pirated software. Too bad too, as $2k per year for any software is just whackadoodle insane.

Reactions: `Ray` and Mortarion

Vile_Mage

Oct 4, 2020
The first version was awesome...but the rework omg,,,,the grafs,the animations....totally one of the best VNs

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

Quite right, Mortarion! Sicherheitskopie is the key word, esp. for stuff you own in the first place. It is even something of a right to make a backup copy of something you own, which is why DRM, the type of which makes a backup impossible, is not quite legal too.
But it is, as you say, the download of copyrighted stuff via torrent where things get "interesting" and why you should never touch torrents at all in Germany and a couple other nations with similar laws.

And your (and Ocean´s) comment on how relaxed the copyright owners are is spot on. For instance, the makers of DAZ must be aware how "liberated" their not free products are. AFAIK there is no wave of DAZ sueing every Joe/Jane Average who uses pirated DAZ assets for making his/her fanart of game xyz or art for themselves.
But we can be very sure that you will get a decidedly not nice court date with them, if you use pirated assets to make a profit.

Reactions: Mortarion

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I looked at this AVN quite a while ago. It was interesting enough. I kept a copy on my backup drive.

When I saw the rework, I was blown away. These are models that would compete with and probably top most any game out there. Plus I love the occasional smokers. plus I love the, fuck I love it all.
Great job!

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
What's with the new and old version , can somebody explain it to me , is the content different or what ?
The content is different. The new version does not have anywhere near the content the old version has. It's all being remade. The renders in the new version are leagues better than the old version. The plot of the story seems to be staying the same, but there are differences in the story between versions. There seems like there is more character development in the new version. There is at least one new character in the new version.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
What's with the new and old version , can somebody explain it to me , is the content different or what ?
Some more content and actions with the asian girl if you take the right path and also real final endings for each path.
So the game is actually comppleted with Version 1.0.

Saitama_sama

Mar 5, 2021
Some more content and actions with the asian girl if you take the right path and also real final endings for each path.
So should I download older or newer version , older version has the larger file as compared to newer one

Reactions: Magazif

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
There isn't a v1.0 for this game. And even in the old one, none of the paths were complete and no love interest ever got a real final ending.

So should I download older or newer version , older version has the larger file as compared to newer one
The old version is a dead end. The rework version should eventually get to a similar point in the story (compared to the old version) and beyond, but even the path to get there will be somewhat different. For example, there are already multiple characters in v0.1 of the rework (some more important than others) that were never part of the old version even at v0.6. So, you can try the old version if you want and you have time to kill, but if you have to choose one, go with the rework.

Also, the save files are not compatible between the two versions.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Just download version 1.0. I also have 0.13 the older version and didnt find anything missing at 1.0 ...why it is smaler?...maybe some pics are compressed or something but you will not notice any quality difference. I also didnt found any scenes missing...but as i said more extra scenes and final ending sequences are added. So you can go for Version 1.0

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just download version 1.0. I also have 0.13 the older version and didnt find anything missing at 1.0 ...why it is smaler?...maybe some pics are compressed or something but you will not notice any quality difference. I also didnt found any scenes missing...but as i said more extra scenes and final ending sequences are added. So you can go for Version 1.0
There never was a 1.0 or 0.13 of the old version. If you have one, you are mixing up games.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
There never was a 1.0 or 0.13 of the old version. If you have one, you are mixing up games.
Sorry...yes i was in wrong Thread....the old version of WIAB is not bad but not that atmospheric and graphically polished..its also already completed thats why its big....the new version is highly polished and also tuned with very atmospheric music and cutscenes but not finished yet so thats the reason why its smaller. The Dev promised to slightly modify also the story and if he keeps that quality to the ennd i think it will become the most beautyful VN.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry...yes i was in wrong Thread....the old version of WIAB is not bad but not that atmospheric and graphically polished..its also already completed thats why its big....the new version is highly polished and also tuned with very atmospheric music and cutscenes but not finished yet so thats the reason why its smaller. The Dev promised to slightly modify also the story and if he keeps that quality to the ennd i think it will become the most beautyful VN.
I think you are still not quite getting it. The old version, which was up to v0.6, was never a complete game. The story didn't finish.

The reworked version will be more than slightly modified. While the major plot points will probably remain, how we get there will likely be quite different.

Reactions: RedTomato

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I think you are still not quite getting it. The old version, which was up to v0.6, was never a complete game. The story didn't finish.

The reworked version will be more than slightly modified. While the major plot points will probably remain, how we get there will likely be quite different.
What is the major plot tho? The old version ended at the MCs court hearing. I think Ocean said stuff from the last updates of the of the original game will be kept so i wonder if the MC being framed and going to prison will be in the reworked version because that was part of the main plot wasn't it?

• Sad
Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Haven't played this before so let me just get some things straight. Do I still need to play the old 0.6? Or downloading and playing the reworked Chapter 1 good enough? Since I've read that the story(or at least leading to the story) of the old version is different to the new one, I guess it's alright to just start at the reworked version then?

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes