4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Not at all. This is an hard reboot. But i'd recommend to play it anyway. It's not a very good game, but it's quite a rollercoaster and i think it's worth a few hours of your life.
I see. Alright if I really enjoyed Ch1 I might try it. I really liked the dev's other game.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Not at all. This is an hard reboot. But i'd recommend to play it anyway. It's not a very good game, but it's quite a rollercoaster and i think it's worth a few hours of your life.
Tastes vary, but while I think the rework is much better, the original, even as it displays Ocean's learning curve, was a pretty good game. I certainly enjoyed playing it.

Reactions: Mortarion

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
Tastes vary, but while I think the rework is much better, the original, even as it displays Ocean's learning curve, was a pretty good game. I certainly enjoyed playing it.
the original to me feels like a book that while had problems felt interesting and unique while the remake feels like the book got turned into a bad hollywood movie with high quality productions and actors and just to me comes across as basic and boring

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
the original to me feels like a book that while had problems felt interesting and unique while the remake feels like the book got turned into a bad hollywood movie with high quality productions and actors and just to me comes across as basic and boring
To my mind, it is far too early in the story for me to be able to come to such a firm opinion as you hold. We are in the exposition stage of the rising action. We haven't even met Katie yet. The conflict hasn't been introduced. If this was a Hollywood movie we would be at the 5-minute mark of a 3-hour feature. So while I agree that it is fully possible that this remake has the potential to suffer in comparison ultimately and disappoint in the long run I'm not prepared to make that call so soon.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Katie look a lot like Bella.
IIRC WIAB and Summer's gone are in the same universe right ?
Yes, WIAB is about 20 years before SG.
Yes, the games are heavy intertwined, but don't think that Bella is some kind related to Katie.

It looks like the canon story is that William Zane (WIAB MC) and Miru are staying together and - till now - it looks so that Ayua (SG) is the offspring of this two.

Reactions: `Ray` and Zeruelll

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Is there any news about an update anytime soon? I know that the dev is also working on summer's gone, just asking

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes, the games are heavy intertwined, but don't think that Bella is some kind related to Katie.

It looks like the canon story is that William Zane (WIAB MC) and Miru are staying together and - till now - it looks so that Ayua (SG) is the offspring of this two.
I honestly don't recall anything in SG that alluded specifically to William. It's entirely possible Miru decided to keep his child even though they were no longer together.

And then there's also Miru's unnamed sister in the old WIAB. I'm not sure if it's been made clear or not that Ayua is Miru's child or niece.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Is there any news about an update anytime soon? I know that the dev is also working on summer's gone, just asking
Ocean said this in SG Dev log 12 :
And WiAB Ch2 might also release not that long after the Final release of Ch4.
SG Ch4 will be released sometime in late April or May. This is just my guess after studying the Dev logs so far - Ocean hasn't come up with the release date yet.

So I guess WiAB Ch2 might be released in May or early June.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I honestly don't recall anything in SG that alluded specifically to William. It's entirely possible Miru decided to keep his child even though they were no longer together.

And then there's also Miru's unnamed sister in the old WIAB. I'm not sure if it's been made clear or not that Ayua is Miru's child or niece.
Basicly you are right, that is the the reason because i have written "til now" in my post. Still, the odds are pointing towards my guess. We can only work with that facts that we already know, and that are the events and persons that apeared in the old WIAB.

In SG Ayua point out Katie Zane as her aunt, that means that Willian is the father of Ayua. An with that what we know, till now, it is very unlikely that William has a offspring with Mirus unnamed sister - but your point still not impossible. The game itself was till now complicated enough, other reasons would make the game much more complicated.

The story of SG and WIAB needs a common canon storyline and with the information we have, it's most likely that William and Miru will stay together. Of course, this is all just theory and Ocean can still say "fuck you all" and pull another story out of the hat. Personally, with the usable information we have from both games, I think this is the most likely set-up.

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
What is the schedule of release of this VN?
Hard to say, because the reworked version of the game has till now only one release. If we use developement of both games from the younger past as a base you are good if you think in a six month update cycle.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Hard to say, because the reworked version of the game has till now only one release. If we use developement of both games from the younger past as a base you are good if you think in a six month update cycle.
if u wanna use previous development process length then it's 7-8 months

Jibmeister

Mar 19, 2021
Ohh thats a long time, but the reworked chapter seems promising. Would be following this one closely.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I kinda like old chapter 6 Gina better tbh. Thanks for sharing.
I like it...but I think I still prefer the old Gina's facial structure.
That's what got me. Especially around the chin. I liked her old look a bit more, the new face seems a little too squished/rounded. I can't argue that the actual quality appears rather improved, but she doesn't look quite right there - and this was my biggest worry with the remake, that too many characters wouldn't look quite right. I'll adapt to Miru, I guess, even though I preferred old Miru.

And despite how good Katie still looks in the new pics I've seen, something about her feels off somehow, and I'm not entirely sure why/what it is. I think it's a combination of the lips and eyes.

View attachment 1743240

It's fascinating how much her appearance changes when switching between her two hairstyles.
This one makes her look almost approachable... While the other gives +10 Boost on Bitchyness.
I like the OG hairstyle, too. And I think her eyes had a slightly deeper blue/green mix to them.

I hope we get a repeat of the scene where she's being given pleasure from behind, that was one of my favorite old renders, even with the unfortunate light patterns on her face.

Reactions: Nurikabe
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes