4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Just a random question - There is a horror tag for this but I don't remember seeing any horror content in the old version.

Or was this considered horror?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or is it planned?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Unlocked

Hello,

I announced the delay of the Dev Log yesterday on Discord.
If you're interested in joining the discord server click

1. Development impact
So, I actually didn't even want to mention it, as it's personal but I think everything that more or less impacts the development and is super sensitive should be mentioned to my supporters.
We had a fire a few days ago, which resulted in one family member being hospitalized due to smoke inhalation.
The person is fine again.
When said event took place, I immediately saved my PCs. (No joke.) and everything was under control relatively fast.
It took away two days, as one of my PCs had a little issue after I ripped out the cables in order to get them to safety. The PC has recovered, too.

2. Music License news
I'm currently in contact with a lawyer, to help me solve some license agreements, etc.
And I'm also in contact with ArtList again... And I asked them about the possibility of a custom license... Minimum Negotiation Price 10.000$ a year.
Realistically we're looking at 15k-20k.
Which I would pay for full coverage and access to a big music library.
Anyways, at first, it looked like we didn't come to an agreement, but there's still some hope.
I'll keep you guys updated as I haven't heard back yet.

But if things keep going badly, I will have to remove some music from WiAB.
Alternatively, I'm trying to get other music producers on board for some custom music.
We'll see how that goes and it might only be for SG at first, as WiAB has significantly less support and can't really afford it right now. (Except I'll manage to make a deal to use it in both games/all games.)

3. General development
In the last Log, I did mention that SG was close to a release. Naturally, a game in its release weeks gets a little more attention.
As soon as the postwork phase starts for Summer's Gone, I'll do all the animations left for WiAB Chapter 2.
That way I can work most efficiently.
I really enjoyed writing WiAB lately. I'm so glad I decided to do these extreme changes to the story and characters.

Chapter 2 will most likely release not that long after the SG Ch4 release.

4. Previews
I don't have many previews, as many are quite spoilery. (4k attached)

I will soon get rid of Katie's stupid mouth piercing... Moving things like her arm affects that stupid thing. It's a pain in the ass to work with and pretty much a death sentence during animations.
Until I find a better asset, I'll remove her lip piercing.

Casual Leia

Leia being even more *cough* casual

A rather short log today as work can be quite repetitive and not everything can be shown. (Spoiler.)
Soon I'll be starting advanced training in After Effects and Premiere.

I guess that was it... I probably forgot something.
I'll see you guys in the next log.

- Ocean

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Just a random question - There is a horror tag for this but I don't remember seeing any horror content in the old version.

Or was this considered horror?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or is it planned?
Until it was discontinued, the old WIAB only had that scene where he raves about the drug as the only element of horror. I don't remember reading about more being added at that time (even more so because chapter 6 was already something else and the rework was coming).

Reactions: `Ray`

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Until it was discontinued, the old WIAB only had that scene where he raves about the drug as the only element of horror. I don't remember reading about more being added at that time (even more so because chapter 6 was already something else and the rework was coming).
It certainly doesn't justify the horror tag though.

Reactions: Jxorgx

Violet Lee

Jan 17, 2021
Is it just me or does the new Katie in the latest preview look nothing like the original Katie?
No, i think so too, which is a bit sad to me, because she is my favourite in Wiab.
View attachment 1769258
no, it's not just you... but I want to believe that the last one is because of the pose and the hairstyle...
I hope you're right, and i think with the new hairstyle she looks alot more like Bella from SG.. of course, i mean its the same hairstyle. I love Katie's original hair much more, its so unique.

In these 2 renders i love Katie the most, she is just so pretty, i hope Ocean will make her justice again in the remake:
Screenshot (156).png Screenshot (161).png

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
Holy fuck, 10k a year for music?! So only the updates released in a year span can have music? If so, that's insane.

In other thoughts, I should start learning how to make music :unsure:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the renders in png or jpg format for the masses to consume???
:D

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the renders in png or jpg format for the masses to consume???
:D
What renders are you talking about?. Depending what you want i could dig into older dev updates on SS. Old game idles still on my disc space.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes