• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The only thing I really have to criticize is how WIAB doesn't seem to get half of SG's attention. As soon as the complete 3.5 chapter has been released, it already has a dev log with the first information of the next update. Meanwhile, WIAB's last proper dev log was over four months ago and it's been almost 2 months since the first time he said that this next big dev log is "coming soon". Once, ocean said he was going to let actions talking. And it looks like his latest actions say that WIAB has a fucking low priority
I say this as someone who vastly prefers WIAB to SG. You could look at the disparity between SG's and WIAB's Pateron support. SG is roughly 70% of Ocean's combined income from the two games. Where would you focus your efforts?

albul

Jun 8, 2017
I say this as someone who vastly prefers WIAB to SG. You could look at the disparity between SG's and WIAB's Pateron support. SG is roughly 70% of Ocean's combined income from the two games. Where would you focus your efforts?
The difference in income between the two is heavily affected by the fact that WIAB hasn't gotten a content update for more than 14 months, at which point WIAB had more income than SG. Since then, SG has received two content updates, while WIAB got neglected and as a result has stagnated. The difference in income is coming from where he focused his efforts, not the other way around.

nobody0

Jul 26, 2019
The difference in income between the two is heavily affected by the fact that WIAB hasn't gotten a content update for more than 14 months, at which point WIAB had more income than SG. Since then, SG has received two content updates, while WIAB got neglected and as a result has stagnated. The difference in income is coming from where he focused his efforts, not the other way around.
Plus Where it all began had no GPU for a while, and if I remember correctly, SG got the 3090. Honestly, the biggest danger this game face is patreon's support dropping. But even if it doesn't, it is very hard to believe that adult games won't move past VN's within the next 30 years.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
For him, the journey is the reason, not to reach a destination.
What is the purpuse in learning something without using it to finish anything? Commitment is irrelevant at this point. One of the most important accomplishments as a developer of any kind is to have a finished product.

As far as I know, SG and Wiab are not at the end of the road of his endeavor as VN developer. If the picture you're painting here is as blank as you descripe, there would be no chance of him finishing anything within any given timeframe. This is just the wrong mindset to be productive at all!

I believe Ocean is trying to build the base, so to speak, and I think he will get his shit together because, for now, I see structure and not total absence of logical coherence in his actions. The key factor, like I mentioned before, is the steam release of SG and/or Wiab. First impression is immensely important on this platform. He is improving the quality of different aspects in the beginning of both games to meet the minimal requirements to be able to get a strong customer base. Within the first few hours of playtime players decide to either abandon or stick with the game, thats just a fact. If they get flashed with awesomeness :sneaky: thats a good thing or isn't it?

Whatever, I'm out for now... have a nice day...

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I might agree with you if Ocean himself hasn't already said a few times that it doesn't put more or less effort into games depending on the support. If you search his old posts, here or in SG's thread, you'll find one where he says that. Ocean said it but his latest actions seem to say the opposite. That's my point.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Last time I said he was never going to be able to finish this game I got jumped by rabid fans, 6 months later here we go again

Reactions: Vasilji

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry for the radio silence but I thought it would be better to just work instead of repeating myself and shower myself with input that doesn't help me get any further.

I also want to apologize for the waiting time and let me be entirely honest here, after trying to make the game in Blender and having to put that on ice I did lose most of my momentum.

I take full responsibility for that.

Anyways, enough of that and let's get to some news.

2. Upgrade, Previews & comparisons.

I will show you some comparisons (Old/New WiAB) along the way while I'll explain some stuff. (All images are in Full Res for download at the bottom of the post.)
Miru and MC deciding on what to do next.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A few moments before they leave for their journey.
My two 2080Ti's were fine until now but due to the lack of VRAM I wasn't able to render the Gas station I designed and an upgrade had to be made.
I managed to find a reasonably priced 3090 and also ordered 64GB of RAM.
The WIAB PC is now almost even with the SG PC (Worse CPU and less RAM, though.)
Anyways, I was able to render again and you'll not recognize this scene from the old WiAB. It's completely new.
Thanks to the 3090, I was able to customize the scene to my liking and add all the thingies I wanted to add.
You might remember the new house I designed and previewed before.
The backyard.
Miru and MC arrive at their destination. (Front of the new house.)
Arriving at the house means that there is an introduction coming. Leia.
(Old WiAB.)
(New WiAB)
Of course, all the indoor environments have been completely reworked and changed, too.
The old living room.
The new living room (One of them. The house is quite a bit bigger now.)
And of course, Leia.
(Old Leia.)
New Leia
While I didn't change Leia's face all too much, I did completely rework her body.
I sculpted her ass and boobs in Zbrush and they look... phenomenal.

3. Animation Preview.
I also have to show some animation previews.
As many of you know, I have very little experience with lewd animations, which are very different from cinematic animations.
I certainly don't want to create some shitty loops and stuff and found something I personally really like.
I want the "Lewd-cinematic" to build upon itself... Start with some teasing and it ends in some love-making.
At the moment, I've created around 20 animations for the Miru lewd scene and a few more will follow.
I prepared a small preview video. (I left out some steps and only included Blowjob stuff to not spoiler too much.)
Please keep in mind that I'm very inexperienced with lewd animations and Daz really sucks if you want to go outside the norm.
Click to see the video.

But there is something else I'm working on and started adding it to the animation.
Normally, A vagina in Zbrush is pretty much stone. It has some morphs and stuff but you'll only get a little movement from it.
Daz sadly offers no type of physics and I had to create my own with Zbrush.
Click to see the video.
As you can see in this video, I animated the entire pussy to move with the penetration, etc.

This was my first try to use Zbrush in such a precise animation environment but I'm certain that over time my skills will improve and we'll be looking at some pretty sweet animations.

Okay, I think that's enough for one post.
When WiAB will release, it will feature a completely new design of the Main Menu and Gallery.
There'll also be a special NTR gallery added, which will only be visible if you hit a switch.

Also, from now on I'll be posting weekly dev logs until the release to keep everyone up to date.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay. I'll make sure to use the momentum I'm currently building up to never let this happen again.
Anyways, enough words. I'll let actions speak.

- Ocean

Last edited:

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry for the radio silence but I thought it would be better to just work instead of repeating myself and shower myself with input that doesn't help me get any further.

I also want to apologize for the waiting time and let me be entirely honest here, after trying to make the game in Blender and having to put that on ice I did lose most of my momentum.

I will show you some comparisons (Old/New WiAB) along the way while I'll explain some stuff. (All images are in Full Res for download at the bottom of the post.)
My two 2080Ti's were fine until now but due to the lack of VRAM I wasn't able to render the Gas station I designed and an upgrade had to be made.
Anyways, I was able to render again and you'll not recognize this scene from the old WiAB. It's completely new.
Thanks to the 3090, I was able to customize the scene to my liking and add all the thingies I wanted to add.
The backyard.
(Old WiAB.)
(New WiAB)
Of course, all the indoor environments have been completely reworked and changed, too.
The old living room.
And of course, Leia.
(Old Leia.)
New Leia
While I didn't change Leia's face all too much, I did completely rework her body.

3. Animation Preview.
As many of you know, I have very little experience with lewd animations, which are very different from cinematic animations.
I certainly don't want to create some shitty loops and stuff and found something I personally really like.
I want the "Lewd-cinematic" to build upon itself... Start with some teasing and it ends in some love-making.
At the moment, I've created around 20 animations for the Miru lewd scene and a few more will follow.
I prepared a small preview video. (I left out some steps and only included Blowjob stuff to not spoiler too much.)
Please keep in mind that I'm very inexperienced with lewd animations and Daz really sucks if you want to go outside the norm.
Click to see the video.

But there is something else I'm working on and started adding it to the animation.
Normally, A vagina in Zbrush is pretty much stone. It has some morphs and stuff but you'll only get a little movement from it.
Click to see the video.
As you can see in this video, I animated the entire pussy to move with the penetration, etc.

This was my first try to use Zbrush in such a precise animation environment but I'm certain that over time my skills will improve and we'll be looking at some pretty sweet animations.

When WiAB will release, it will feature a completely new design of the Main Menu and Gallery.
There'll also be a special NTR gallery added, which will only be visible if you hit a switch.

Also, from now on I'll be posting weekly dev logs until the release to keep everyone up to date.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay. I'll make sure to use the momentum I'm currently building up to never let this happen again.

- Ocean
Looks very promising, keep the great work.

Reactions: St1ffme1ster

St1ffme1ster

Feb 18, 2021

Hello,

The backyard.
(Old WiAB.)
(New WiAB)
The old living room.
And of course, Leia.
(Old Leia.)
New Leia

3. Animation Preview.
Click to see the video.

Click to see the video.

- Ocean
Wow, impressed for the quality of the renders, i cant wait to be able to play it.

St1ffme1ster

Feb 18, 2021

Hello,

The backyard.
(Old WiAB.)
(New WiAB)
The old living room.
And of course, Leia.
(Old Leia.)
New Leia

3. Animation Preview.
Click to see the video.

Click to see the video.

- Ocean
The next update will contain only the first chapter reworked ?

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
The whole game is being reworked. Cause WIAB is the first game he has ever made. So now he's better so he decided to rework it so it matches his style and vision now. So you will have to delete the old version when he releases chap.1 rework. But you can keep it if you like

Some review from his last post about chap 1 rework. It's just amazing
I hope he keeps that basketball court scene. It was one of the best scenes in any game I've ever played. Iconic.

ChuckTooBig

Apr 23, 2020
Don't want to be pessimistic, but game without an ending is kind of part of the experience here. We need to remind ourselves that we play thing in development after all. Most game will never have an ending and if they got one, will probably be rushed and disappointing( to be polite ). I don't really mind because I lose my interest in games before the dev does most of the time.
This is just wrong on every level...

ChuckTooBig

Apr 23, 2020
First no. You are not a consumer. That is not how patreon works.

Second, if anything, the separation allows you to support the project you prefer most instead of having a big patreon in which all support simply goes to him, without being able to screen out what is the project people are supporting. But in the end it is IRRELEVANT. What you know is that by supporting one game you get the other one. EXACTLY the same as if Dev had a single patreon and you were told EXACTLY the same information: that he is developing both games.

Third, you as a consumer would have no idea what he does with his money if he had only a single patreon either.

So again, the separation is de facto irrelevant, once you account for the information that you do know and the fact that you get info and download links of both games.

Fourth, the delay in WIAB compared to SG has nothing to do with support itself. WIAB started when Ocean was a newbie and made a lot of decisions that are inconsistent with where he wants to take the story on. So he needed to remake the game. Also, quality as artist improved. Even SG chapter 1 is getting slowly updated.
I would say that separating the games makes it so that people who aren't aware of the other games are more likely to sub. If he had them both in the same place he's more likely to lose current subs and make less new ones. Not saying that separating them is wrong, just that it makes more sense from a business standpoint.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes