troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Work on episode 24 is postponed by 2 months, not release. Yes, august seems realistic.
Work on Episode 24 was set to finish next month. I.e. we would have ep.24 in March. Supposedly, the fixes and steam release would postpone it by 2 months; March + 2 months = May.
It is quite improbable that the remake and steam release will take just 2 months. More like 4-6 months. Thus, my prediction is August.

It would be more logical to finish the game and then start remastering chapters 1-10. And so we have another two new episodes are postponed by 2 months.
Yeah, I don't think 2 months for remakes and steam release is realistic.

Reactions: LordCharmz

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Devs can request the tag, but mods can tag it without devs' approval. From the last patreon news, it's not on hold, it's still actively worked on.
Full post here

They "paused" the development of new chapters but are still developing the rework of the first 10 chapters.
Frankly, I'd call that "On hold" too. When devs go into rework mode and don't plan on releasing new episodes for a while, I think some kind of tag should be used to let people know not to expect new content. (And no, I don't consider reworks to be "new content"). At least with the "on hold" tag, people know what's up.

Reactions: botc76

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
Probably because of the remake but it's misleading, it's even an error imo. Other games being reworked don't get that tag... :cautious:
I don't think I've ever seen other games to be put on hold because of remake but I'm glad we got answers while I was out. More waiting times and seeing this game struggle so fucking close toward the end suck. I seen this scenario couple times and almost allways the game ends up abandoned, I hope this will not end like that and Cheeky will be able to pull through it.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
If the guy's words still mean anything to you then i believe he said in the past that they already started reworking some scenes in the meantime so they should have some stockpiled already, allegedly.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Tagged "on hold" because of a rework doesn't apply to other games though, for instance like "Where It All Began".
I think it should! Or at least some kind of tag to indicate delays due to a rework if not "On hold" if they're alternating between rework and new content. In this case though, new content is being completely paused while the reworks are being done. So I agree with the "on hold" tag.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
Work on Episode 24 was set to finish next month. I.e. we would have ep.24 in March. Supposedly, the fixes and steam release would postpone it by 2 months; March + 2 months = May.
It is quite improbable that the remake and steam release will take just 2 months. More like 4-6 months. Thus, my prediction is August.

If, we get another update, I don't see one coming until October.

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
The game isn't on hold guys. The thread was tagged 'on hold' automatically because it's been a while since the last update, but the Dev is very much still at work on the project and active on Patreon! ;) (y)

RushCard

Mar 21, 2019
Haven't started playing yet. Want to, but can't.
Downloaded it and got the issue where the game intro shows an error page, then you get to the main menu and it's fine. But when you just start the game, it gives another error.

The traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
File "C:\Users\bay_y\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\bay_y\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\bay_y\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Where The Heart Is Ep23
Tue Feb 21 23:13:16 2023

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
The game isn't on hold guys. The thread was tagged 'on hold' automatically because it's been a while since the last update, but the Dev is very much still at work on the project and active on Patreon! ;) (y)
We're just afraid to see this great game being abandoned. The last update wasn't that long ago, only like 4-5 months. Not long enough to put the game on hold. I don't believe those tags are even automatic, seeing other games like light of my life or recently become a rockstar being without 'on hold' tag for like year.

Mar 26, 2022
We're just afraid to see this great game being abandoned. The last update wasn't that long ago, only like 4-5 months. Not long enough to put the game on hold. I don't believe those tags are even automatic, seeing other games like light of my life or recently become a rockstar being without 'on hold' tag for like year.
Well, there is a chance that eventually it will end up as abandoned, but in this case we should be a little bit more optimistic. Cheeky has rather kept his promises in the past. On top of that, he has a large base of people supporting him on Pateron, the loss of which could be really painful.

Jericho-2043

Jun 23, 2018
Hahaha...BS.jpg
MC Jericho: I could of made my own ending, if i had known it would take a fucking year! Lol.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hehe...Seriously though, i'm not really upset. Take as long as you need, but just don't abandon it. Because that would be "Cheeky" wouldn't it Gimp? :D

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes