Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we are still on for an episode 18 release this month. The episode continues to grow as we finish scenes.

As mentioned previously, we want to get back into more regular (smaller) updates. So Episode 18 should be the last of the "extra large" episodes. It has already become a beast And even with that, w e're probably not going to fit in every scene that we had planned. Otherwise the episode will just keep growing and growing (with more edits / tweaks / error-checking to complete).

So we're going to keep going until month end and then release a large episode based on everything that we have completed. And we'll ensure it has a natural end-point, rather than an abrupt cut.

And then we hope to stretch ourselves to release Episode 19 next month with all the items that we can't fit into Episode 18 (plus a little more) just to stress test if we can get back to quick turn-arounds with our new team dynamic.

For Ep18, the Monica scene on it's own is bigger than some of our earlier whole episodes. This scene has been a work in progress since February and when it boiled down to it, we didn't have the heart to trim it down based on the amount of time / effort that four of us spent on it. If you're a Monica fan, you're going to love it!

If you're not, then I apologise in advance (because it's a monster). But I recommend you partake in the non-romance option as there will be some insights in a particular part of the scene.

We've hit a bit of a snag in the Zarah scene as it got passed form one artist to another but we're looking at options to rectify this to ensure the artwork matches up between artists. But either way, it should be finished this week.

The Theresa scene is also almost completed and we think it will be popular.

And some of the Katie / Debbie / Lily date scenes are almost done too.

Will make a call on whether the beach house scene comes out with Episode 18 this month or pushed to episode 19 next month. We have a lot of work completed already (including 150 + images) but we want to do it justice so will make a call on which episode that will fit into in the next few days....

As usual, please post any questions or inputs in the comments below or via DMs.

So summary:

Episode 18 (extra large episode) in September
And going to push for Episode 19 (smaller episode) in October

Thanks,

CG

Jun 21, 2020
Same... I wish the game had a skip button so I can quickly redo some of the more questionable manwhore choices I made. What can I say, sometimes it's just hard to say no!

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I feel pretty confident about my Lily/Debbie save, my man-whore save not so much. I thought you had a couple of options too. :)
Heh heh, i do, in fact, that's what i'm doing right now actually. Ok, i admit, i slipped a little back into man-whore .... but, got back on track with a reload for the Katie/Debbie/Lily. And as just mentioned, the quick start is really bloody handy! :)

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Heh heh, i do, in fact, that's what i'm doing right now actually. Ok, i admit, i slipped a little back into man-whore .... but, got back on track with a reload for the Katie/Debbie/Lily. And as just mentioned, the quick start is really bloody handy! :)
Once a man whore always a man whore, just like marines. :D I was just about to ask if there's like a quick start introduced. :sneaky: That way I can pick only Katie.

• Haha
Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Jenna went from a reclusive nerd who had never experienced real love, and used to stay in her room no matter what, to a girl who finally managed to say "I love you" to someone; a girl who for the first time explores her feminine side instead of hiding under layers of baggy clothes. That is HUGE and if you can really appreciate it, she is your girl.

That there is why I wasn't talking about Katie's romance with the main character, because not only is it optional, it's not particularly unique to Katie. The big difference between sisters is that Jenna still has a huge role in the story where she tries to help solve the mystery while Katie doesn't.

That's simply not true. Katie asks "Do you wish I was more... elegant? Less boyish and vulgar?" and the most extreme choice in the game is labelled "Maybe a little". Choosing that has him say that he would like her to "Maybe try to tone it down just a little". Which is entirely reasonable. They're out in a fancy restaurant, that ain't the time to be swearing like a sailor. She even said that she wanted to stop with the jokes have a classy date herself!

I wasn't objecting to her flamboyant temper. I wasn't wanting her to change into a "politically correct, fake, nice, refined person". I wanted the old Katie back. The one who did have a modicum of self control. The one who wasn't a one dimensional joke bot who keeps making the same childish jokes over and over until they have lost their charm and become annoying.

Katie was my favourite character for most of the game. I liked the way that they joked in private, and I even called it endearing in the previous post. I don't want her to stop swearing or stop joking entirely. I just want it toned back down to what she was originally because I don't like how that one aspect of her character has been blown out of proportion. If 99% of a character's charm comes from one single trait (as you say it does), then that is a one dimensional character. Which is exactly what I'm saying that she's been turned into.

That was not how she was originally written.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Katie went from someone who told crass jokes in private when happy and comfortable, to someone who also told those jokes as a self-defence mechanism when things got personal, to someone who constantly tells crude jokes even after saying that they don't want to tell them during a fancy dinner date. It's gone way too far, to the point where the jokes are annoying instead of endearing. It has completely changed the tone of those scenes when she does tell jokes, since she now does them when uncomfortable instead of only when comfortable. And the rest of her character traits have been neglected for too long.
I was half-way explaining Katie again, but then i realized there is no point. You simply prefer a woman who can crack a joke or two but can control herself well enough and be dirty on demand. A well established and mentally matured woman and there is nothing wrong with that. If you take Bella or Jolina, both of them fit this description and this is why Katie considers Bella a real challenge - she can really appeal to men. She has the wits, has the vulgar language but can chose when to used it and when not.
Well that isn't my type of Katie. I want a Katie that talks what she thinks all the time and being excused or accepted is the least of her worries. There is a lot i can say why she resorts to jokes and insults and how and WHY they change over time, but no point really. As i said she's quite rare and the things you point out are one of the reasons why so.

So let's talk about Jenna instead. Yes, she also had a BIG character development, BUT the difference is she always had the desire to do all of that - to wear a bikini, to show off her body, BUT she was too shy. Her shyness stopped her from having fun and she realizes that, despite saying the she isn't into all the social stuff. Her books were her sanctuary where she stayed hidden. The first moment she gets a bit of confidence boost and she's out with dogboy at the movies. She is well aware of her naughtier side and would love to explore it (spying on Jolina with the MC, hiding in the wardrobe while Bella masturbates) while on the other hand Katie has no clue she still has a softer, more feminine side left in her. As for each and every character's role in the story we still can't say for sure whose part is bigger since most information is still unavailable to us.

The only problem for me with Katie is that i'm actually really falling in love with a virtual character and i know it's impossible to meet a Katie irl.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The only problem for me with Katie is that i'm actually really falling in love with a virtual character and i know it's impossible to meet a Katie irl.
I know plenty of women like her. None of them look like her though, and despite what people like to say, that would be a big factor in the back of people's minds. They're all attractive women, but none of them "are" Katie.

I'll say this much when it comes to Katie/Bella/Jolina, the latter two are what she could/would become like naturally over time as she continues to grow as a person, especially if she ever has children of her own. That's the single most significant change in any man/woman's life and attitudes. Parenthood changes a person.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes