CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Ace you and Cheeky might be better off just sticking him on ignore like I did he is nothing but a troll. He was one of the main people that trolled Nyx the developer of intertwined enough that she deleted her account and left this site. I'm guessing he got bored and decided to move on to trolling you guys next.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm surprised a dev left the site because of some baiting. Pity....as it lends some significance to otherwise insignifanct people. Throwing shit is one of the easiest things in the world to do, especially when anonymous and when they have nothing creative to offer themselves. When I respond, it's usually just tongue-in-cheek to get a cheap laugh and to light up a little life by making them feel significant. Let them at it.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I know of two people who should definitely apply. :)
I considered making a dummy account and applying, just to see if I could make the cut, but alas, I'm to damn lazy to create a new email address :(

That and the fact the difference between to and too still confuses me :oops: I'm sure you'd use too for something like "Oh yeah, I'd like some too." but I don't know the wording for it, is it a nown? an adjective? you'd think one could google it but one is to lazy.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I considered making a dummy account and applying, just to see if I could make the cut, but alas, I'm to damn lazy to create a new email address :(

That and the fact the difference between to and too still confuses me :oops: I'm sure you'd use too for something like "Oh yeah, I'd like some too." but I don't know the wording for it, is it a nown? an adjective? you'd think one could google it but one is to lazy.
You know you could just do two times the work and get paid double for it rather than pose as two people and each version do a regular amount of work.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
You know you could just do two times the work and get paid double for it rather than pose as two people and each version do a regular amount of work.
What if I pose as 3 people? myself, a new writer and an animator?...What if I've already posed as another person on the team?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

Speaking from experience, generally you're given some sort of outline where the plot needs to go and how the various characters are supposed to get the story there. The problems come when your vision of how that should proceed fails to mesh with the vision of the author.

While I really enjoy the game and would love to participate, my sense of pacing is radically different than Cheeky's. This is something that would become apparent early in any conversation we might have, so there's no point in my applying. Although it would be fun.

At this point I'm just looking for Cheeky to get healthy and for him and his bunch to get the game off hold. Get well first Cheeky, but there's a hughe bunch of us out here eagerly awaiting your return.

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
Speaking from experience, generally you're given some sort of outline where the plot needs to go and how the various characters are supposed to get the story there. The problems come when your vision of how that should proceed fails to mesh with the vision of the author.

While I really enjoy the game and would love to participate, my sense of pacing is radically different than Cheeky's. This is something that would become apparent early in any conversation we might have, so there's no point in my applying. Although it would be fun.

At this point I'm just looking for Cheeky to get healthy and for him and his bunch to get the game off hold.
This, plus the fact that sometimes you are kinda tempted to explore some characters that the original writer is not interested in expanding. Take, um, Comics or long running TV shows, for example. In the hands of several writers, one character can become an In-Name-Only version of the one conceived by the original author or creator.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021

2B or not too bee, that is a question? Weather it is nobler too suffer the outrageous arrows of misfortune or to sit on the couch eating Doritos- mmmmmm --oh also can I haz incest harem kthxbye

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
In the hands of several writers, one character can become an In-Name-Only version of the one conceived by the original author or creator.
This can happen, but doesn't always if you work closely, respect the source material, and have an imagination. Yeah, Cheeky and I think a lot alike and second to him I probably understand his characters better than anyone, but I definitely have evolved his characters in a dynamic way in several instances that haven't destroyed them or where they came from and without a lot of oversight on his part (though we do talk of course).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
This can happen, but doesn't always if you work closely, respect the source material, and have an imagination. Yeah, Cheeky and I think a lot alike and second to him I probably understand his characters better than anyone, but I definitely have evolved his characters in a dynamic way in several instances that haven't destroyed them or where they came from and without a lot of oversight on his part (though we do talk of course).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the bolded part is important. Some writers that are called to replace the old one (s) can say 'Oh, yeah, I respect the source material of the original writer, but I think I can bring something new to the people by exploring other paths that have not been walked before'.

I would usually question myself if they are still in touch with the old writer (or at least have an idea of where he wanted to plot and characters to move towards in the future).

Take for example, say, X-Men (I'm sorry for derailing the thread; I'll try to be quick). More specifically Grant Morrison's.

He wanted Magneto to become a full on psychopath (mostly because he seems to dislike the character), so he had him (an Holocaust survivor) pushing humans into ovens while high on a drug or some shit like that that I can't remember very well right now. When his run ended, other writers (that did not dislike Magneto as much), tried to retcon the whole thing, creating one of the biggest messes I've ever read in comics before I decided to pretty much quit on them.

If, say, I were brought to the team in order write some scenes and Cheeky said:

Cheeky: You know what, zajaz? Do whatever you like with X character. You have full creative liberty to do what you please.

Me: Really?

Cheeky: Yeah, sure. As long as said character ends up with the MC if the players choose to, I have no problem.

Me: Well, I've wanted to explore a kink with Monica...

Cheeky: Sure, go ahead. Whatever you write goes.

Me: Sure thing boss.

*I proceed to write about how Monica used to be a call girl in her youth, in full, glorious detail to satisfy the NTR crowd*:KEK:

Cheeky::WaitWhat:

Me: Oh, yeah, that's nice. :BootyTime:

It's important to keep in touch or, at the very least, know where the writer wanted the characters to come from, so you don't write stuff that's overly egregious and / or contradicts previous hints or dialogue.

It is also important, I think, that the writers don't be too much biased when it comes to the characters; that can be hurtful to the overall project. A new writer that hates Wanda, for example, and is given full control over her without any kind of overseeing from the higher ups can lead to a distaster, IMO.

Nonetheless, I must say that I like the way that you guys are in synch with one another. I hope I can see much of your work in the near future. Cheers to you.;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I think the bolded part is important. Some writers that are called to replace the old one (s) can say 'Oh, yeah, I respect the source material of the original writer, but I think I can bring something new to the people by exploring other paths that have not been walked before'.

I would usually question myself if they are still in touch with the old writer (or at least have an idea of where he wanted to plot and characters to move towards in the future).

Take for example, say, X-Men (I'm sorry for derailing the thread; I'll try to be quick). More specifically Grant Morrison's.

He wanted Magneto to become a full on psychopath (mostly because he seems to dislike the character), so he had him (an Holocaust survivor) pushing humans into ovens while high on a drug or some shit like that that I can't remember very well right now. When his run ended, other writers (that did not dislike Magneto as much), tried to retcon the whole thing, creating one of the biggest messes I've ever read in comics before I decided to pretty much quit on them.

If, say, I were brought to the team in order write some scenes and Cheeky said:

Cheeky: You know what, zajaz? Do whatever you like with X character. You have full creative liberty to do what you please.

Me: Really?

Cheeky: Yeah, sure. As long as said character ends up with the MC if the players choose to, I have no problem.

Me: Well, I've wanted to explore a kink with Monica...

Cheeky: Sure, go ahead. Whatever you write goes.

Me: Sure thing boss.

*I proceed to write about how Monica used to be a call girl in her youth, in full, glorious detail to satisfy the NTR crowd*:KEK:

Cheeky::WaitWhat:

Me: Oh, yeah, that's nice. :BootyTime:

It's important to keep in touch or, at the very least, know where the writer wanted the characters to come from, so you don't write stuff that's overly egregious and / or contradicts previous hints or dialogue.

It is also important, I think, that the writers don't be too much biased when it comes to the characters; that can be hurtful to the overall project. A new writer that hates Wanda, for example, and is given full control over her without any kind of overseeing from the higher ups can lead to a distaster, IMO.

Nonetheless, I must say that I like the way that you guys are in synch with one another. I hope I can see much of your work in the near future. Cheers to you.;)
I hear ya. Things like that are especially prone to happen with characters that have been rehashed a lot. Hence why comic/superhero rehashes are so hit and miss now. I remember when they remade hulk 3 times in a row. LOL

Reactions: zajaz

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
I hear ya. Things like that are especially prone to happen with characters that have been rehashed a lot. Hence why comic/superhero rehashes are so hit and miss now. I remember when they remade hulk 3 times in a row. LOL
Yeah, that was such a disaster from a narrative point of view. It's why I'm glad you guys know where to (and how) to proceed. Keep up the good work.(y)

Reactions: ename144

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I Will be a White Knight today for CheekyGimp and his team.

Why because; Self entitled Sub-humans think that it’s better to trash talk effort and bad to standup or support for something or someone.
They drank the Flavor Aid that tells them that "Empathy is for betas--the path to Alpha is through callous, self-centered ego."
"eye" as in singular........hmmm, either Ace is a pirate or you're used to looking him in ......another......eye.
Have you tried looking at both eyes at the same time? Not easy to do.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Have you tried the have you been working out”POKE” + ”POKE” ?
That never gets old.
Have you tried looking at both boobs at the same time? Not easy to do that either :giggle:
Well, it certainly distracts you from looking them in the eye. Get a lot of "my eyes are up here" comments, if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes