botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm surprised a dev left the site because of some baiting. Pity....as it lends some significance to otherwise insignifanct people. Throwing shit is one of the easiest things in the world to do, especially when anonymous and when they have nothing creative to offer themselves. When I respond, it's usually just tongue-in-cheek to get a cheap laugh and to light up a little life by making them feel significant. Let them at it.
I think that does actually happen quite often. Many devs are, (and I don't mean this derogatory, but with a bit of a humorous wink, as I do consider myself as having some artistic urges myself) "artsy types."
And sadly they do tend to be relatively thin-skinned and are often hurt even by valid criticism of their creative baby. (which is, again, something I understand, but does of course go completely against the whole idea that you are putting yourself "out there" with your project by publishing it)
So, if people are actually going after them out of mean spiritedness or because it makes their life seem less empty to troll others online, it's not that rare that it becomes too much for some devs.

In a way, you actually have to be thankful I'd say, if a dev just leaves the site, instead of abandoning their project completely which isn't a rare occurrence either.
Going back so far as the original Teacher's Pet iirc. (though some of the criticism aimed at that game definitely was warranted, after the changes)

Might be a reason why so many feel the need to be white-knighting against any form of criticism directed towards a dev/game they like.

I can be quite direct with my criticism at times, when I believe a game is really not on the level that it should be shown publicly in any way, but I would never start to shit on someone's work on a constant base and just to make them miserable.
That just requires a level of negative intent and drive that I can't really understand.

And before I forget it, because I think I haven't explicitly expressed it here already, unlike on the patreon, I'm really glad you feel better and while I'm thrilled that work on the game is resuming again, your personal well-being should always come first.
Just happy to see you on your metaphorical feet and active here again.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I think that does actually happen quite often. Many devs are, (and I don't mean this derogatory, but with a bit of a humorous wink, as I do consider myself as having some artistic urges myself) "artsy types."
And sadly they do tend to be relatively thin-skinned and are often hurt even by valid criticism of their creative baby. (which is, again, something I understand, but does of course go completely against the whole idea that you are putting yourself "out there" with your project by publishing it)
So, if people are actually going after them out of mean spiritedness or because it makes their life seem less empty to troll others online, it's not that rare that it becomes too much for some devs.

In a way, you actually have to be thankful I'd say, if a dev just leaves the site, instead of abandoning their project completely which isn't a rare occurrence either.
Going back so far as the original Teacher's Pet iirc. (though some of the criticism aimed at that game definitely was warranted, after the changes)

Might be a reason why so many feel the need to be white-knighting against any form of criticism directed towards a dev/game they like.

I can be quite direct with my criticism at times, when I believe a game is really not on the level that it should be shown publicly in any way, but I would never start to shit on someone's work on a constant base and just to make them miserable.
That just requires a level of negative intent and drive that I can't really understand.

And before I forget it, because I think I haven't explicitly expressed it here already, unlike on the patreon, I'm really glad you feel better and while I'm thrilled that work on the game is resuming again, your personal well-being should always come first.
Just happy to see you on your metaphorical feet and active here again.
Yeah, Devs need to be able to deal with plenty if they are going to play in the forums. I have heard though about some devs dealing with more than just game critique on this site and discord that is totally inappropriate. Especially female devs which are a rare enough breed as it is in this niche.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah, Devs need to be able to deal with plenty if they are going to play in the forums. I have heard though about some devs dealing with more than just game critique on this site and discord that is totally inappropriate. Especially female devs which are a rare enough breed as it is in this niche.
Unfortunately there will always be mentally small people that thinks it's ok to put down others to make themselves feel important.

It's particularly stoopid to complain about "insert the usual complaints here" in regards to something you get for free.....

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah seems to be far to many assholes around this forum. Plenty of decent people as well but still. I mean I've always enjoyed fucking with people. But it has always been done in jest and the people I mess with know it. I will never understand these people who simply aspire to be a miserable asshole. If I couldn't find a better way to amuse myself than trolling an internet forum to annoy people and make them hate me I would just kill myself. :ROFLMAO:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It is a sad truth in our current society, that women get sexual insults and attacks and rape threats, added on top to the bullshit guys have to deal with online. And then of course you have the guys who tell them they "look so hot and totally fuckable..." whether they want to hear it or not, send unsolicited dick picks, try to "flirt" (or what they think is flirting) with them etc..

Apparently many men still think it is okay to act like this even in 2021. That stuff is often so repulsive and disgusting, that I just can't wrap my head around what is going on with these people to harass women with shit like this and often even seem to expect some kind of gratitude for their "compliments" and their asinine suggestions.

If I was a female creator/writer/actress etc.., I'd probably either choose not to engage at all whether on social media or specifically this forum, or I would go and put anyone who went off the rails even once on ignore or block him.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Unless you are inspired to play tit for tat, those who are spiteful trolls are coming from a level way below that which their target resides in. Usually its just to be mean. It is rare to find one of higher status belittling those below them.

We all know telling someone their effort is lackluster is hard on ones psyche. This world requires thick skin and to be death in both eyes. the best adage is let the bad flow off you like water off a ducks back.

When you give the Trolls your time and responded to their comments you are giving them what they want. and now they have taken up residency in this forum and in your mind and are not paying rent to be there. yet they control your actions and thoughts now! Kick them out by stop giving them air time in your brain and this forum.

I followed many threads on this site, some not worth the time to comment some you can see the malice spread by the trolls all for creating a chat line about them. and not the game. Most are games that usually do not have a loyal following (yet) to stick up for the dev and the game, just easy targets.

Bullies always pic on the weak because they themselves need some love, but equate being mean with how they received love and attention.

A positive note. survey says....
Devs should remember the more your forum has haters in it the bigger audience it has. and haters tell ten more people about it than those who love it. its true if you love a place you tell a select few, when you hate it you tell everyone every chance you get.

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
A positive note. survey says....
Devs should remember the more your forum has haters in it the bigger audience it has. and haters tell ten more people about it than those who love it. its true if you love a place you tell a select few, when you hate it you tell everyone every chance you get.
honestly this is so true in every form of media. people shouldnt be dismayed with some negative or even mean responses that comes with everything focus on the positive and read the critical reviews not the mean and negative comments every troll makes.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Basically, any Dev (and everyone else) needs to remember one important thing... Many people are arseholes, and act like arseholes for the sake of being arseholes. It's never, ever, going to go away.
The better a Dev (and us) brace ourselves with that reality, the better they can be dealt with.

Thankfully, this game has Devs who are well aware of that, and deal with the arseholes in a typically entertaining manner :devilish:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah seems to be far to many assholes around this forum. Plenty of decent people as well but still. I mean I've always enjoyed fucking with people. But it has always been done in jest and the people I mess with know it. I will never understand these people who simply aspire to be a miserable asshole. If I couldn't find a better way to amuse myself than trolling an internet forum to annoy people and make them hate me I would just kill myself. :ROFLMAO:
Wait, you fuck people in jest!!??

It is a sad truth in our current society, that women get sexual insults and attacks and rape threats, added on top to the bullshit guys have to deal with online. And then of course you have the guys who tell them they "look so hot and totally fuckable..." whether they want to hear it or not, send unsolicited dick picks, try to "flirt" (or what they think is flirting) with them etc..

Apparently many men still think it is okay to act like this even in 2021. That stuff is often so repulsive and disgusting, that I just can't wrap my head around what is going on with these people to harass women with shit like this and often even seem to expect some kind of gratitude for their "compliments" and their asinine suggestions.

If I was a female creator/writer/actress etc.., I'd probably either choose not to engage at all whether on social media or specifically this forum, or I would go and put anyone who went off the rails even once on ignore or block him.
The fact that this is 100% true is so god damn sad......

Is the game Finished or well there be a New Update ?
Oy vey.......

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I have been wondering about the gender issue, myself. Don't have enough data points to be sure about it, though.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I suspect some of these people have come to believe that this is the way for them to be perceived as "Alpha," though perhaps they just don't have the experience to realize there are ways to feel good about yourself without trying to bring down others.

Reactions: Nerttu

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Please get your heads out of weintein”s ass and keep hopes up for our devs.
We all get spam, we all get xxx ads and no, no gender stops xxx ads appear while you
are in the presence of someone you care about and they see them.
So this thread should not be about this victimization nonsense on our genderless forum,
with gender specific kinks and cheeky devs who jest and banter all the time.

Wait, you fuck people in jest!!??

The fact that this is 100% true is so god damn sad......

Oy vey.......
I suspect some of these people have come to believe that this is the way for them to be perceived as "Alpha," though perhaps they just don't have the experience to realize there are ways to feel good about yourself without trying to bring down others.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Unfortunately there will always be mentally small people that thinks it's ok to put down others to make themselves feel important.

It's particularly stoopid to complain about "insert the usual complaints here" in regards to something you get for free.....
why?
I don't really agree.

if there is room for compliments, there must be room for complaints too, the fact that we use it for free (me for free, but there are several donors here too) what changes?
if anything, the problem is always the way in which both things are done.

Reactions: ename144 and Nerttu
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes