muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just a slight lift is all we need. Like a slight skin tone tweak on zombie daughter. Mom is fine, the new katie setup is more muscular and looks hotter imo.

Reactions: fauxplayer

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Hey guys, we're looking at updating the character models in the game and wanted to know what you all thought of the hopefully improved version of Katie? The one on the left is before, the right is after.

View attachment 161356
I like the added detail in the hair and eyebrows, and I especially like the the added texture around the throat and collarbone. The toned abs are a significant improvement given Katie's attitude toward fitness. They're not overdone or too "muscular"; it's a proper look for a girl who is committed to looking good by exercising. ETA it suits a girl who knows she's hot because she works at it by keeping fit.

But...
A lot of it (apart from the great dialogue writing) is in the facial expressions and the eyes.
In many games, even when the renders are great, the eyes look off or look just creepy, but Cheeky manages eyes that look almost alive.
Katie's eyes and expression in the morning before the party , when she wakes you up and sits on you, those must be about the best I've ever seen rendered.
I really just spend time just looking at them. going back to that render about 8-9 times before continuing.
Don't mess around too much with her eyes :)

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think everyone can get behind a bit of a so called "face lift".
Just a slight lift is all we need. Like a slight skin tone tweak on zombie daughter.
Yeah, Katie is probably the character least in need of a "face lift." I hope some time is spent on improving Jenna. The reasoning for Jenna's greyish appearance makes sense given her character, but a naturally pale, indoorsy Jenna would be better than a Jenna who looks like she's suffering from .

Reactions: ganja1988

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Yeah, Katie is probably the character least in need of a "face lift." I hope some time is spent on improving Jenna. The reasoning for Jenna's greyish appearance makes sense given her character, but a naturally pale, indoorsy Jenna would be better than a Jenna who looks like she's suffering from .
I totally agree. I did Katie first precisely because she's the easiest to "fix". And I'll do my best to reduce the greyish tone from the other characters skin. Even with the pale ones, it should be less clay looking and have more of a pinkish hue. At least that's my opinion.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Hey guys, we're looking at updating the character models in the game and wanted to know what you all thought of the hopefully improved version of Katie? The one on the left is before, the right is after.
Love the eyes, the definition better fits her character. However, the hair is a step backward (brown roots, with red tinting) and the facial skin tone doesn't seem to match the rest of her body, though that could just be the lighting.

Overall, I'd say it's a definite improvement, assuming those flaws are a result of throwing a quick comparison image together, and would get fixed in the actual release.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Love the eyes, the definition better fits her character. However, the hair is a step backward (brown roots, with red tinting) and the facial skin tone doesn't seem to match the rest of her body, though that could just be the lighting.

Overall, I'd say it's a definite improvement, assuming those flaws are a result of throwing a quick comparison image together, and would get fixed in the actual release.
I took another look at the hair and noticed I applied the wrong color, so I'll correct that. Nice catch. As far as the skin tone goes, the settings for the face and body are identical, so it's probably just a lighting issue that makes them appear as though they don't match.

Zero919

May 2, 2017

View attachment 161356
The new body is good, it suits her. Face better to leave the same, with a changed face I can no longer perceive it as Katie :FeelsBadMan:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I like the body in the improved one, but the face became too idealistic. The original face has more character, just slightly less perfect which makes it much more approachable and appealing. Katie's personality has that little rough edge and the second face is just a little too "sweet".

ganja1988

Feb 21, 2018

View attachment 161356
Holy cow... Katie was already a hottie but with the added details she's just gorgeous!! I also like the look of her eyebrows and the other details on her face. She is clearly a person that looks after her appearance and is into fitness so it just makes sense that she does her makeup well. I like her and I'm looking forward to a non greyish Jenna. :biggrin:

If you're further into development, are you going to plan to release it on steam early access? As they recently changed their attitude about games with sexual content and you're making a pretty good game so far, you might be able to get some more funding than just over patreon.

Reactions: Conviction07

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Holy cow... Katie was already a hottie but with the added details she's just gorgeous!! I also like the look of her eyebrows and the other details on her face. She is clearly a person that looks after her appearance and is into fitness so it just makes sense that she does her makeup well. I like her and I'm looking forward to a non greyish Jenna. :biggrin:

If you're further into development, are you going to plan to release it on steam early access? As they recently changed their attitude about games with sexual content and you're making a pretty good game so far, you might be able to get some more funding than just over patreon.
Thanks for the positive feedback
About the possibility on putting the game on steam, me and another guy were literally hired today to start working on the game, so you’d have to ask CheekyGimp about that.

Reactions: a.i.w.a.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Mby you should make a public pool in ur patreon page? You can post the link here. And it will be more accurate of what ur patreons rlly want.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
So I tried tinkering with Katie again. Her face is now the same shape as the original, her hair is the correct red unlike before, I flattened her eyebrows to more closely match the original, and I made her skin tone a shade darker as per some of your requests. I've still kept the slight changes to the body in which I made her a little more toned, and her I've also kept the new skin because light reflects off it more dynamically and it's generally just a better quality material.
I've uploaded the image at a higher resolution so you can zoom in closer if you want.
KATIE V2.jpg

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
So I tried tinkering with Katie again. Her face is now the same shape as the original, her hair is the correct red unlike before, I flattened her eyebrows to more closely match the original, and I made her skin tone a shade darker as per some of your requests. I've still kept the slight changes to the body in which I made her a little more toned, and her I've also kept the new skin because light reflects off it more dynamically and it's generally just a better quality material.
I've uploaded the image at a higher resolution so you can zoom in closer if you want.
View attachment 161485
Looks great !!!!:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Conviction07
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes