Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Hmm, I always find it interesting and rather disappointing when debate about one's preference turns into trying to enforce one's view. Sadly it seems to be quite a common phenomenon.

As I said earlier, I personally prefer Katie's eyebrows the way they were before but, as many before me pointed out, her character is what makes her Katie we all love, so quitting the game due to such minor thing seems to me, well, rather childish to put it mildly. One could almost compare it to ditching your girlfriend because she changed her hairstyle.

That being said, if you don't like the change, you of course have all the right to stop your financial support, it's the need to proclaim that publicly and the reason behind it that ...amuses me.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
Do you plan to improve other characters' appereance or for now will it be just Katie?

About the matter, I was not extremely dissapointed with the final look. But when I saw last version -even though she is still my smartass love- I felt like she lost the ''innocence'' in her face and now she looks like more seductive than innocent and I don't like it so much unfortunately.

I will still follow it of course and I can't wait the party but yeah, I am sad a little.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Just one technical request to you @CheekyGimp and @Conviction07 :

When you do the rework on Jenna, please make her wear the right kind of glasses. Until now she was wearing reading glasses aka "granny glasses" for the farsighted, while her age suggests and the story confirms that she is in fact nearsighted.
For anyone wondering about how do I know what she has been wearing - reading glasses, the glasses with positive numbers are making things look bigger - including the eyes and parts of the face around the eyes of the wearer. This is exactly how Jenna's glasses have been magnifying her eyes and face width where it's visible.
Glasses with negative numbers are for the nearsighted and they make things look smaller, including the eyes and facial features of the wearer.

This controversy has been bugging me from the beginning. She's a young girl, but her eyes look like she could be a granny. Not because of the age, but because of the strong "granny glasses" magnifying her eyes.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
I always appreciate when someone puts up their opinion and immediately tells others to disregard theirs. Classy move and sure to get many people to agree...that is, if they are not also supposed to "save" that thought, too.
This, on so many levels! XD

I, personally, enjoy that not everyone looks like a super model in this game. At first I didn't like the idea of being with Monica, but as the story rolled on, she grew on me. She is now the one singular focus I have in the game because of her story and the playing hard to get show. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy chasing all of them, but Monica has grown on me even with her looks. I also feel Zarah is there to relieve the MC's pent up blue balls from being denied by the ladies so much. If you didn't have a side character to fuck in a game by now, would you have stuck around this long? Some would, some wouldn't. They're there to give you someone to do in the mean time. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to do them if you don't want to (haven't played through not doing it personally, but choices are there).

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Out of all the women, Katie's appearance was the one that needed changed the least. These 2 however need it drastically and before some dumbass goes rambling on about "realistic appearance of a mature woman"...save it. Just a tweak to their noses would make them look less fugly.
My opinion is always correct and everyone must follow it. Or else ... x'Dx'Dx'Dx'Dx'Dx'D

Make your own character, bro.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey guys, just thought I’d give you all a little sneak peek of the strides we’re trying to make in the visual department. The first image is an early draft that Cheeky made before me and Aeilion joined the team. The second is the what we came up with after completely remaking the characters and scene. Hope you like it ☺

CB1A136D-19F1-4ED4-AAAC-983A96E7D24B.jpeg
B0497906-CBAA-4D5F-AEAD-E6F8302C3AA9.jpeg

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Hey guys, just thought I’d give you all a little sneak peek of the strides we’re trying to make in the visual department. The first image is an early draft that Cheeky made before me and Aeilion joined the team. The second is the what we came up with after completely remaking the characters and scene. Hope you like it ☺

View attachment 162946
View attachment 162947
It's amazing how huge a difference just the lighting alone makes in a scene.

Reactions: KillaMonka

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

View attachment 162946
View attachment 162947
I told you to stress that mine was a very very early, very rough draft I made 6 months ago, while drunk, and without looking at my monitor!:p
BTW, which one is mine again. They are so similar, it's hard to tell!

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
@
I'm glad that you were not mistaken in assistants!)

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017

View attachment 162946
View attachment 162947
Wow, it's almost like the difference between night and day. I love this game and it's nice to see it's in skilled hands. Looking forward to seeing everything else you're working on.

Reactions: CheekyGimp

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
If they are the 2 katie was talking about,thats some jumpstreet shit.they look they they are in their 30's,not the same age as katie.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I can't believe you took away all of Cheeky's amazing rock work on that background. I am beginning to have second thoughts on the new team, since all they care about is improving the humans.

On the plus side, they got rid of that poorly racked set of pool balls. Shame, Cheeky!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
The first one looks strikingly like my grandparents' basement circa 1978, down to the wood-clad audio speakers. Although I don't recall theirs having a huge lighted PRIVATE sign. I look at that picture and can literally (as in figuratively) smell cigarette smoke and potpourri.

I do wonder why Dan Marino's jersey is red in the new one, though... :eek:penedeyewink:

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes